By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Downloaded Death Stranding (via Game Pass of course) to test my new PC and it worked surprisingly well. 1080p, well above 60 FPS and using max settings. Maybe I could even go for 1440p but haven't tried that one just yet. Granted, I read the game is very well optimized for PC so I don't expect every game to run that well.
What a weird game though. No idea what's going on thus far. In typical Kojima fashion, I watched roughly 55 minutes of cutscenes within the first 70 minutes of the game...

Around the Network

Around the Network

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2023-Q2/more-personal-computing-performance

"Gaming revenue decreased $684 million or 13% driven by declines in Xbox content and services and Xbox hardware. Xbox content and services revenue decreased 12% on a strong prior year comparable impacted by first-party game launches, driven by declines in first-party content and a lower rate of monetization in third-party content, offset in part by growth in Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. Xbox hardware revenue decreased 13% driven by lower price and volume of consoles sold."

Makes it sound like hardware sales are down year-on-year? 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Yeah, it's all in line with expectations, they had an awful 2022 for major 1st party content so it's no surprise content is down, 2023 looks way better for their 1st party output and a very strong year for Game Pass so they should be up a lot, they desperately need to fix the Series X supply issues though, I'll have to see this years hardware results before being concerned.

Plus it's Halo Infinite & Forza Horizon 5 and riding off the end of Covid boost vs Pentiment (Lol), tougher economic conditions and a crashing tech industry, I'm not really surprised at all that hardware is down. Having said that, they need to start releasing big games (luckily 2023 looks to be the start, they need something for Holiday if not Starfield though) and they need to start focusing less on Series S and more on Series X now.

All investors care about is how well Azure is doing, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 January 2023

Welfare's estimates are shipped and not sell-through. He has Xbox One shipment estimates at ~22.1M (December 2015), while our sell-through estimates for Xbox One are at 19.23M for a difference on 2.87M. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

~22.5 million lifetime hardware sales. So almost 3 million in transit?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.