By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Want it in PS+? That'll cost you £1B for 6 months simple.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Need a dopamine hit to give a shit

Around the Network

So Dragon Age Inquisition, a semi open world fantasy RPG literally has 0 healing spells ....... Did the guy who decided that have a fucking stroke or something ... I .. just ... *Facepalm* .....

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Need a dopamine hit to give a shit

2,200 Posts in 30 Days.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm happy the Azure stuff is no longer a focus and I assume by wider software they mean Windows OS.

Their investigation was.

• The impact of the merger on the future of cloud gaming - Azure, Windows OS.
    • The impact of the merger on multi-game subscriptions (such as competitors to Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass) - Pricing, Quality, Choice.
    • The impact of the merger on other console gaming platforms - Exclusivity, Quality, Pricing.

So it sounds like they've dumped that one, now two left.

Though Tbh...Them being less interested in their weakest argument makes sense.

At least it doesn't look like CMA is just going to throw every shitty argument at the wall that they can like FTC is doing.

You think MS will maybe make a commitment to release CoD on both GamePass and PS+? (I know it's stupid because why should MS be forced to do that when they own the property but, maybe that can satisfy their concerns to get the whole deal through). Because if Xbox's overall strategy is to get deeper into mobile, CoD shouldn't be the sole factor that kills the deal. Maybe they can say they'll put CoD in with PS+ but delayed for like 6 months or something from the Xbox Game Pass release. 

So far Microsoft hasn't offered any sort of concessions for subscription services despite Sony's complaining, it's not the regulators who come up with the concessions either, it's the party who is being investigated who has to offer them and regulators decide if they're good enough, IIRC. Which either suggests Microsoft simply doesn't want to or they don't think the regulators care much about that.

It definitely won't be done for free if it comes down to it, I actually think Microsoft should consider it if it's a major complaint of CMA, but only if it has a price tag attached to it, Microsoft should simply say that if Sony wants CoD in PS+ then they have to pay what it's worth, which if day one like Game Pass would cost hundreds of millions, something that I don't believe Sony would do for a second, in essence, call Sony's bluff.

The only way Sony would get it, Imo, is if it came years later and by then, the effects would be irrelevant versus the effects of having CoD in Game Pass on day one and if regulators don't trust Microsoft then they could simply get an independent third party to set the price and terms, maybe ask the thoughts of another gaming publisher, Lol.

VersusEvil said:

So Dragon Age Inquisition, a semi open world fantasy RPG literally has 0 healing spells ....... Did the guy who decided that have a fucking stroke or something ... I .. just ... *Facepalm* .....

That is pretty weird at first lol, but between barriers and guard, it doesn't really end up being an issue

Jim Cramer Weighs in on FTC's Lawsuit Against Microsoft-Activision Deal - YouTube

- Most are unimpressed with the arguments being made at this point, no economic data, no economic analysis, no proof or evidence, doesn't mean they won't come up with some but many are unimpressed and don't believe the FTC will win.

- Another journalist mocking that FTC leaves Nintendo out of the market.

- The CMA is the biggest risk, that is where the focus is, JP Morgan thinks the UK's CMA is the biggest risk due to their traditional opposition to behavioural remedies and how difficult it is to appeal against them.

- Most in the investor community believe that EC is passing it and SAMR (China).

Around the Network

There are lots of articles from NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters and more about the deal. They include some new bits of info and specially third party opinions, that are always interesting for detabe.

The consensus in general is that:

- The FTC has an up hill battle to defend the case.
    - MS has a serious timing problem.
    - UK and Europe are the key now, specially UK.
    - Now that the FTC has challenged the deal, UK and EU could do the same too.

More or less, what I mentioned yesterday: next 4-5 weeks are super relevant, in January we should have a clearer picture, the deal could be abandoned as soon as January or take a bit longer until April, if Microsoft can get approvals from the CMA and the EU and wants to challenge the FTC, they'll need more time and they'll have to renegotiate the merger agreement.

Source: Idas.

Yeah if Sony want CoD day one on PS plus then MS should be allowed to set the price, 250 million for 1 year should be enough right?

Honestly if it comes down to the CMA forcing MS to put it on PS Plus at the same time as GamePass then they should just not put it on Gamepass for the UK only.

EspadaGrim said:

Yeah if Sony want CoD day one on PS plus then MS should be allowed to set the price, 250 million for 1 year should be enough right?

Honestly if it comes down to the CMA forcing MS to put it on PS Plus at the same time as GamePass then they should just not put it on Gamepass for the UK only.

I actually think that's too low.

If Sony paid for PS Plus including CoD from day one then they'd likely have to cover the loss revenue occurred.

Modern Warfare 2 Hit $1 Billion In Revenue In 10 Days.

Even if we go for a low estimate and say that PlayStation accounts for 30% of that, it would be $300m across 10 days.

Across an entire year? Jesus. I don't think even Sony would do it for a month, Lol.

Which is why Microsoft should call their bluff, not even Microsoft would pay for CoD day one into Game Pass.

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year - 2015 Results.

Hosted by Shikamaru317.

New Releases - Top 10.

1. The Witcher 3.
    2. Fallout 4.
    3. Halo 5.
    4. Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    5. Tales from the Borderlands.
    6. Ori and the Blind Forest.
    7. Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
    8. Life is Strange.
    9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.
    10. Forza Motorsport 6.

Ports/Remasters/Remakes - Top 5.

1. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.
    2. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round.
    3. Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.
    4. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
    5. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

Congratulations to The Witcher 3 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition!

At this point I'm going forward with the mindset of this acquisition being blocked. I'm not even mad at Sony because they're just doing what benefits them the most and I get that, but I'm disappointed how the regulators are being willfully ignorant and misleading for their own selfish victory. Clearly the FTC and other regulators don' care about factual information, the consumers, workers at ABK, etc. and are basically gerrymandering this deal to be blocked. I fully expect MS to win in court against the FTC, but the CMA or EU will likely block the deal before it can even get to that point.