By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22

Tbf when it's like a hundred pages of the same repeated conversation, all the better to interrupt , this deal is never passing, never was ;)

It definitely didn't hit me first time around because it was years between entrees but damn, playing Dragon Age Inquisition straight after DA2&Origins really highlights how much of a "next gen" entry this was.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 09 December 2022

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

If anyone is interested, here are CMA's stats.

Phase 2 Outcomes

Jan 2019 - Nov 2022

• 68% result in deal mortality (comprising prohibition, unwind, and deal abandonment upon referral or during Phase 2); this compares to 30% for the period from CMA formation to end 2017;
  • 81% result in "intervention" in the sense of deal mortality or imposition of remedies, with 19% unconditionally cleared; this 81:19 split compares to a 56:44 split for the period from CMA formation to end 2017, which was consistent with the perceived Competition Commission (CC) long-run rate of approximately 50:50 from the introduction of the Enterprise Act to CMA formation (from mid-2003 to end March 2014).
  • 6% of Phase 2 cases have been/are being reviewed in parallel by the European Commission and the CMA (3 total).

Phase 2 Stats | Publications | Insights | Linklaters

68% of deals that make it to Phase 2 are killed, only 13% are cleared with remedies, for a total of 81% resulting in "intervention" and only 19% are cleared unconditionally, these are the stats for every deal that makes it to Phase 2 specifically.

Brexit has made them go gloves off, Lol. More than double killing deals and almost impossible to fight against them.

I'm with Hoeg now that I would put this deal at around a 40% chance of passing, CMA is in no shits given mode even at the best of times.

Yeah I saw those stats earlier but found them incomplete as MS is unlikely to abandon the deal and we don't know how much of those 68% is a result of such. A better would need to exclude those. Also I read somewhere that there was 1 successful case of a reversal of a phase 2 decisions ( Sainsbury’s/Asda 2018 don't know much only read diagonally) through an appeal process. So even if the prospect is still grim it's not as CMA just block the deal without making a compelling argument or hope that those involve in the phase 2 and/or appeal process share the same bias as in phase 1.

Added a few more stats.

Of the 13% Cleared With Remedies - 7/53.

• 6/7 of those Remedies were "Divestment" I.E. Sell off assets.
  • Only 1/7 was a Behavioural Remedy (I.E. CoD for 10 years).

Of the 19% (10/53) Cleared Unconditionally.

• 6/10 are either British companies merging with each other, or foreign companies acquiring British companies.

Safe to say that CMA has a very slight preference to British corporations (that's expected) but also safe to say that they don't care all that much about behavioural remedies and Microsoft ain't divesting anything.

Sainsbury's/Asda was blocked and as a result abandoned, as of right now, they're still separate companies. I think you may be mixing Asda up with Argos which was a successful acquisition.

Of those from 2018 - 2022.

• Blocked - 18
  • Blocked Leading to Abandonment - 7
  • Abandoned - 9

(Took me fucking forever, I kept miscounting, Lol).

Honestly...Hats off to Microsoft if they get past CMA.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 December 2022

Barozi said:

Feels like I'm interrupting the acquisition talk (not that I mind interrupting...) but my god Jar Jar Binks in the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga game is even more annoying than in the movies.
Other than that it's easily the best Lego game out there. Visuals are superb, the campaign follows the story of the movies closely and the shooting feels (almost) like a proper third person shooter. It even has cover mechanics lol.
Obviously the game is still aimed at kids so the puzzles are very simple and there's no disadvantage from dying. Other than accidentally dying from shooting explosives in close proximity there's little reason to die in this game.

Good. You shouldn't mind it. You aren't interrupting anything.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 December 2022

Yeah, it's not like there's a rule or something saying you can't post about something else just because another topic is being discussed.

Barozi said:

Feels like I'm interrupting the acquisition talk (not that I mind interrupting...) but my god Jar Jar Binks in the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga game is even more annoying than in the movies.
Other than that it's easily the best Lego game out there. Visuals are superb, the campaign follows the story of the movies closely and the shooting feels (almost) like a proper third person shooter. It even has cover mechanics lol.
Obviously the game is still aimed at kids so the puzzles are very simple and there's no disadvantage from dying. Other than accidentally dying from shooting explosives in close proximity there's little reason to die in this game.

Best game but also most annoying one to complete, also no fan of the challenges...

Around the Network

Good lord, the latest news section for the EC saying the FTC is lying is getting out of hand lol

Yeah, I was just looking at how many comments that article is getting. I would have thought there wouldn't be much to debate about considering the EC outright said they weren't misled by MS. Apparently some people feel like they know better than both the EC and MS wether they lied or not.

Microsoft's VP of Xbox Games Marketing Aaron Greenberg recently tweeted that Xbox fans wouldn't have to wait long to find out more of what Xbox has in store for 2023. And indeed, I've heard some tentative, and unverifiable rumors recently that Microsoft may be exploring some kind of event for Q1, possibly in the vein of its X0 events of the pre-pandemic age. The most recent X0 was back in 2019, which offered a decent look at upcoming games while revealing some unannounced ones, such as Grounded. For the sake of Xbox fans, I hope this particular rumor turns out to be true.

Xbox's No-Show at The Game Awards Caps Off a Disappointing 2022 | Windows Central

I WILL WILL THAT X0 EVENT INTO EXISTENCE.

• Redfall.
  • Starfield.
  • Forza Motorsport.
  • Minecraft Legends.
  • Halo Infinite Season 3.
  • Sea of Thieves Season 9.
  • Forza Horizon 5 Expansion 2.
  • Game Pass Q1/Q2 Lineup Montage.
  • Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
  • Game Pass Family Plan Full Launch.

Etc.

Ryuu96 said:

I WILL WILL THAT X0 EVENT INTO EXISTENCE.

• Redfall.
  • Starfield.
  • Forza Motorsport.
  • Minecraft Legends.
  • Halo Infinite Season 3.
  • Sea of Thieves Season 9.
  • Forza Horizon 5 Expansion 2.
  • Game Pass Q1/Q2 Lineup Montage.
  • Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
  • Game Pass Family Plan Full Launch.

Etc.

If you manage to pull this miracle off, I feel like there will be some reveals for later on in the year since E3 will most likely cover some of holiday 2023 and first half of 2024. 

It would have to be January or February at the latest! March would just be too close to E3.