By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SegaHeart said:
trunkswd said:

Me famous?! Woah!! If only my own YouTube channel got that kind of views. 

What you need is a dramatic thumbnail in your uploads and you using a mic.

I do use a mic. But I generally just go over the latest VGChartz estimates and news in my videos, which are originally livestreamed on Twitch. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

Even though I’m not a fan of this Activision deal as I said right when it was announced (because I think that Microsoft could have spent 70m$ better, Actiblizz doesn’t have enough value for that price), I hope the deal goes through. Because it not going through will probably put the final nail in the coffin of any potential acquisitions by Microsoft. Not only Microsoft themselves would be less willing to acquire someone, fearing that they will get blocked once again, it will also create this narrative for FTC, CMA, etc. that Microsoft is already big enough.

Square Enix can be crossed out of this list. If ActiBlizz is blocked, Square Enix will get blocked as well. Because, you know, final fantasy players might switch to xbox. 

I don't think the final nail for any acquisition, but I do think it would be the final nail in any large acquisition, I don't have a clue where the line is now, so I'd just guess that anything above Ubisoft won't be allowed. I think Sony will do an almighty whinge at Japanese regulators if Microsoft attempts to go for Square Enix too which may sway their decision, I'm honestly thinking only Capcom and Sega would pass at this stage for large multiplatform companies.

Microsoft have said already that whether this deal passes or not, they're still going to be aggressive and all in but losing ABK is a big blow to their mobile ambitions. I think they'd make some strategic individual studio purchases and maybe go for a large mobile only developer.  Sega would help on the PC side, not as much as Blizzard but a decent step forward, they'd still be looking for a mobile developer though. They'll probably outbid Sony for CoD marketing and go back to moneyhatting shit as well.

Though one thing to bear in mind for those saying they'd have $69bn freed, they spent this money back when interest rates were shit and near negative levels, interest rates have risen since then to over 3%, leaving it in the bank is becoming an acceptable option again but it doesn't really matter, they don't need all $69bn, especially when we can rule out Take-Two and other large companies now as well.

There's still a chance that FTC has no intention on suing to block and is doing what Hoeg said, formulating a suit because they need to for concessions, I don't know what those concessions are but if Microsoft agrees to them then FTC would still come out of this with a "win" to the public and they can brag that they strong armed Microsoft into concessions.

We need to watch CMA more than FTC.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 November 2022

trunkswd said:
SegaHeart said:

What you need is a dramatic thumbnail in your uploads and you using a mic.

I do use a mic. But I generally just go over the latest VGChartz estimates and news in my videos, which are originally livestreamed on Twitch. 

I get it now, you have 9k subs in your youtube but your views are around the the hundreds. Checked your youtube again. I have a strong feeling your style is not adding dramatic thumbnails because they cause a rise aka trolling. IDK what to do about that? But you're doing better than me.

SegaHeart said:
trunkswd said:

I get it now, you have 9k subs in your youtube but your views are around the the hundreds. Checked your youtube again. I have a strong feeling your style is not adding dramatic thumbnails because they cause a rise aka trolling. IDK what to do about that? But you're doing better than me.

The YouTube channel is like 10 years old, so it has taken a long time to get to where I am at. When it comes to thumbnails I don't really have anyway of creating anything great. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Dramatic thumbnail, The Medieval warrior has red eyes and it says What went wrong? To the viewer. It's just a picture can't click play.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Dramatic thumbnail, The Medieval warrior has red eyes and it says What went wrong? To the viewer. It's just a picture can't click play.

Hmmm that gives me an idea. 

trunkswd said:
SegaHeart said:

Hmmm that gives me an idea. 

Also the Title is called "New World - Timeline of a Failure" IDK if you're willing to make such dramatic titles aswell? 

We're doomed.

But Hoeg agrees.

So how does this work? If FTC wants concessions, they prepare a complaint, but do they submit that complaint to the courts and then get concessions or do they get concessions before it goes to court and thus drop the complaint?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 November 2022

derpysquirtle64 said:
Spade said:

Looking like this deal is going to fall through unfortunately (fortunately for some). I don't think some of the forum people realize that leaves MS with what 55-60 billion of cash to burn. Subtracting a few for penalties.

Wonder what they could buy with 55 billion

Any wants?

Even though I’m not a fan of this Activision deal as I said right when it was announced (because I think that Microsoft could have spent 70m$ better, Actiblizz doesn’t have enough value for that price), I hope the deal goes through. Because it not going through will probably put the final nail in the coffin of any potential acquisitions by Microsoft. Not only Microsoft themselves would be less willing to acquire someone, fearing that they will get blocked once again, it will also create this narrative for FTC, CMA, etc. that Microsoft is already big enough.

shikamaru317 said:

Some of my personal most wanted acquisitions:

1. Sega (minus Sammy to make it even cheaper, spinoff the pachinko business as well as Sega's resort business and music label into the new Sammy, and just buy Sega and Atlus and their arcade business and maybe their anime studio, TMS Entertainment, as owning an anime studio could be useful)
  2. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal- Acquire them plus their IP's from Embracer, even if it costs 2 or 3x as much as Embracer themselves paid for them
  3. Koei Tecmo
  4. CyberConnect2
  5. Avalanche and IO Interactive (assuming Contraband and Project Dragon are going well)
  6. Square Enix (this would be a good middle finger to Sony for hatting so many Square games in recent years)

Square Enix can be crossed out of this list. If ActiBlizz is blocked, Square Enix will get blocked as well. Because, you know, final fantasy players might switch to xbox. 

CoD, the sticking point of the Activision-Blizzard acquisition, sells like 3x+ more copies per game than mainline Final Fantasy. Don't think Sony would have nearly as much luck convincing the regulators that a Square Enix acquisition by Xbox was anti-consumer, except maybe Japan's regulator (may have to make some concessions to acquire any Japanese publisher or studio with them, such as promising to continue to release on PS and Nintendo platforms).

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 November 2022

ice said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, I ordered Judgment for Xbox Series on a $10 Amazon Black Friday week deal, and it just arrived with the shipping envelope sealed, but no plastic wrap on the game case, the security seal cut, and the disc missing. Now I have to wait till Monday for a new copy to be delivered and return this one at a UPS Store. What kind of animal at the Amazon warehouse cuts open a game case, steals the disc, and then sends an empty case to the customer? Dumb too, should be easy for Amazon to figure out which employee in the shipping department stole the disc and fire them.

Bruh I'm not even joking when I say I bought some clothes, including underwear, and my box was ripped up and missing a pair wtf! actual postage bag was fine so it was from the warehouse for sure! People are wildin'! Then I order some shoes from france and one of my insoles are completely fucked up, I'm like fuck it I can't win lmao. Hopefully nothing happens to all the games I just ordered.

That was me, sorry.