By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

TruckOSaurus said:

#45: This game's main character is referred to as "a boulder punching asshole" in a later installment of the series because of actions taken in this game.
#42: Iris, Iris... IRIIIIIS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Biohazard 5

Rockman X4 WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
TruckOSaurus said:

#45: This game's main character is referred to as "a boulder punching asshole" in a later installment of the series because of actions taken in this game.

Biohazard 5

Rockman X4 WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR

Correct on both!

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:
S.Peelman said:

Mmm.

Then I'm going to guess a Nintendo game, and I'll join in on #33 as well, and I'm also going to guess a Nintendo games there because I don't know anything else.

#32: Super Mario Bros.

#33: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

TruckOSaurus said:

I'll join the fun and guess Street Fighter II.

My god that was a lot of guesses. Peelman got 33 right, it was indeed OoT!

Lots of good guesses for 32 but still no one has guessed the game in question.

A lot of games that are on many platforms. Let me give it another try: Tetris

Nope, not that one either

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

TruckOSaurus said:

#50: This installation of a long running RPG series represents a big step forward in production values and features a main character who is surprisingly agile for someone who shouldn't see a thing.
#49: The grandson of the father of fighting games.
#44 : Eat flies to restore health and beware of flying walls while riding a hovercraft
#43: A lot of the 16 fighters you face in this game would get disqualified for blatantly not following the rules of the sport.
#41: In feudal Japan, fight your way through starved guards who will leave their post for rice that's lying in the dirt.

50: Nier: Automata? I guess it would count as a long running series if you include Drakengard.

44: Battletoads

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Mnementh said:

A lot of games that are on many platforms. Let me give it another try: Tetris

I got annoyed so I looked it up on the list you sent me. My initial reaction was "this isn't even in that many platforms", then I looked it up and yeah, it's everywhere lol.

The answer is... It's one entry in a long-running series, so not something standalone like Tetris (sorry, the people deserve a little bit more).

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

#50: This installation of a long running RPG series represents a big step forward in production values and features a main character who is surprisingly agile for someone who shouldn't see a thing.
#49: The grandson of the father of fighting games.
#44 : Eat flies to restore health and beware of flying walls while riding a hovercraft
#43: A lot of the 16 fighters you face in this game would get disqualified for blatantly not following the rules of the sport.
#41: In feudal Japan, fight your way through starved guards who will leave their post for rice that's lying in the dirt.

50) Wait a minute, could this be Tales of Arise? (true in the beginning at least)

The other ones I don't really know about, but might as well take a few guesses.

43) Maybe a Punch Out? The one on Wii would be my guess

41) Sekiro? Haven't played it, but with the many undead wretches in their other games it wouldn't suprise me.

mZuzek said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

I got annoyed so I looked it up on the list you sent me. My initial reaction was "this isn't even in that many platforms", then I looked it up and yeah, it's everywhere lol.

The answer is... It's one entry in a long-running series, so not something standalone like Tetris (sorry, the people deserve a little bit more).

Yea that's fair, I'm probably heading to bed soon but was gonna add an extra hint tomorrow to narrow it down.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
mZuzek said:

Yea that's fair, I'm probably heading to bed soon but was gonna add an extra hint tomorrow to narrow it down.

Has anyone said Resident Evil 4? I'll give that a guess before the next clue.

drbunnig said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Has anyone said Resident Evil 4? I'll give that a guess before the next clue.

A pretty decent guess... because it's exactly right!!!

And it only took 10 guesses :D

Well the most elusive of omnipresent games has finally been found, but I might as well add some extra hints to the others:

35) This game has several clips of live action footage, including one that creeped me out despite being very mundane
Hint 2: You could call it Conspiracy Theory: The Game

34) The protagonist of the first game is really old in this second entry, but in the third game he's young again.
Hint 2: But this game has a different protagonist who shares his name with a letter from the greek alphabet

31) This JRPG sequel sees 2 villains from the first game joining your party
Hint 2: Though the combat of this series remained quite similar for many years, the developers liked to give crazy names to each game's battle system. This one is the "Cross Dual Raid Linear Motion Battle System"