By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

So, given this whole thing starts tomorrow, I guess I'll kick things off in advance of game #50.

I'm not really sure yet if I'll participate as much as other years but I'll try to. Myself I think I'll give games about 5 days or so to be guessed before I'll post them, meaning I'll post multiple guesses and games at a time. Anyway, here's hints for #50 to #46. Game on!

50 - I've never understood the name of this game, because it doesn't seem to have much to do with the type of street this is named after.
49 - This is what Judgement Day looks like.
48 - Whack people with weapons such as barbells, arcade cabinets and tuna fish.
47 - Back for the third time, but twisted.
46 - The archaic version of something that's about to start in 9 days.

Oh, I know these.

...because I have your list, so I'm not gonna guess them. But let me try kicking my hints off, hopefully this goes well.

My #50 isn't known much for its soundtrack I think, so I've used some ambiance instead.

Biomutant?

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
mZuzek said:

My #50 isn't known much for its soundtrack I think, so I've used some ambiance instead.

Biomutant?

You guessed it!!

I mean, it's not Biomutant. I'm just happy there was a guess, so, thanks. Hopefully a correct one is in the way.

I'm gonna start with some hints now.

#50: The name relates to the central means of traversal in this game.
#49: Good doggo!
#48: You're a bit to loud.
#47: This game features a section where you get enslaved and need to run in a wheel to generate electricity to work off your debts.
#46: Crashing into a wall is fun in this game.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

So, given this whole thing starts tomorrow, I guess I'll kick things off in advance of game #50.

I'm not really sure yet if I'll participate as much as other years but I'll try to. Myself I think I'll give games about 5 days or so to be guessed before I'll post them, meaning I'll post multiple guesses and games at a time. Anyway, here's hints for #50 to #46. Game on!

50 - I've never understood the name of this game, because it doesn't seem to have much to do with the type of street this is named after.
49 - This is what Judgement Day looks like.
48 - Whack people with weapons such as barbells, arcade cabinets and tuna fish.
47 - Back for the third time, but twisted.
46 - The archaic version of something that's about to start in 9 days.

Oh, I know these.

...because I have your list, so I'm not gonna guess them. But let me try kicking my hints off, hopefully this goes well.

Not sure but maybe No Man's Sky. I mean a lot of spaceship games probably sound similar.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kakadu18 said:

#47: This game features a section where you get enslaved and need to run in a wheel to generate electricity to work off your debts.

#50: Portal?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
mZuzek said:

Not sure but maybe No Man's Sky. I mean a lot of spaceship games probably sound similar.

This is the correct guess, yes.

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

Biomutant?

You guessed it!!

I mean, it's not Biomutant. I'm just happy there was a guess, so, thanks. Hopefully a correct one is in the way.

You had me thinking I was right for a moment there.

Mnementh said:
Kakadu18 said:

#50: Portal?

Nope.

My list didnt change *as* much as I wanted but there are still quite a few new entries and placement changes

Kakadu18 said:

#49: Okami

#46: Blast Corps?

Signature goes here!