By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

Veknoid_Outcast said:

More hints!

#45 - This game and its predecessor were released as a collection on Switch this year, immediately becoming the third ranked game all time on the system, according to Metacritic.

#44 - The fourth iteration of a landmark fighter, this game enjoyed home ports with additional modes.

#43 - Because of this game, I always walk into the waterfall.

#42 - This game's story mode arguably elevates Kirby above all other Nintendo heroes.

#41 - This action-adventure finally got its spiritual sequel in 2016, about 5 years late.

#45 - Portal 2 (guessed by UnderwaterFunktown)
#44 - Super Street Fighter II (S.Peelman)
#43 - The Legend of Zelda (guessed by S.Peelman)
#42 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (guessed by UnderwaterFunktown)
#41 - Shadow of the Colossus (guessed by coolbeans)

Around the Network

Even more hints!

#40 - This game combines the design genius of a beloved Japanese studio and the writing talents of an American novelist, although the latter's contributions are hard to spot.

#39 - This is a bright, colorful, family-friendly platformer, but it's main gimmick is a little dark, when you think about it.

#38 - This handheld title is one of the few remakes that's allowed in this event.

#37 - The sequel to this cult favorite is probably vaporware at this point, but it just got a new lead writer, so who knows?

#36 - This home console sequel to a handheld title was recently repackaged with brand new DLC, which borrows the freedom of movement from #39.

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

Second set of hints then.

-"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines, escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds."

-"The Core and the Arm have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination."

-Heavily inspired by a series known for its relaxing nature (Stardew Valley)

-Betrayed by one she loves, the girl seeks vengeance, and embraces her role as the Lord of Calamity (Tales of Berseria)

-Picking up one year after the events of the previous game, the empire has annexed another region during that time, and you find yourself heading a new class of military students (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III)

-Lust for revenge rarely ends well, for anyone involved

-You get to witness both sides of the story, though some people weren't happy they were "forced" to play the other side

#31: The Last of Us II?

Correct.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

#40 - This game combines the design genius of a beloved Japanese studio and the writing talents of an American novelist, although the latter's contributions are hard to spot.

#39 - This is a bright, colorful, family-friendly platformer, but it's main gimmick is a little dark, when you think about it.

#38 - This handheld title is one of the few remakes that's allowed in this event.

#37 - The sequel to this cult favorite is probably vaporware at this point, but it just got a new lead writer, so who knows?

#36 - This home console sequel to a handheld title was recently repackaged with brand new DLC, which borrows the freedom of movement from #39.

40: Elden Ring

39: Kirby comes to mind, but not sure which one then.

37: Beyond Good & Evil?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

#40: Uh, very easy, Elden Ring

#37: Beyond Good&Evil?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

#31: The Last of Us II?

Correct.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

Dammit! (for ninjaing me)

Last edited by Mnementh - on 25 November 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

Correct.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

Beat you by a minute looks like. (sorry)

Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

Beat you by a minute looks like. (sorry)

No need to be sorry, we are in a tooth and nail competition for most guesses, it is a wolf eats sheep world!

Also yeah, I got TLOU II right.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

39) Super Mario Odyssey? Yea, best not to think to much of that body jumping

36) Must be Super Mario 3D World

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Well guess we'll some more hints for these ones:

40) Perhaps one of the most famous cases of a "bug" becoming a feature
Hint 2: And a vital part of competetive play

39) This highly acclaimed title was caught in some controversy this year
Hint 2: I belive the arguments were "It's unwarranted", "It's too expensive" or "Take my money!"

38) As below, so above
Hint 2: For the first time in this series the protagonist isn't silent

37) The revival of revivals
Hint 2: Since this remake that started a trend came very long after the previous remake for the series

36) Most characters from the original game return in this sequel, though you only meet a few of them before the post game
Hint 2: One of these characters, the one you interact with the most of the returning ones, is the "final boss", though he didn't have that role in the first one

#40: Super Smash Bros. Melee (Wave-dashing)

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Even more hints!

I'm too late for some 40, 39 and 36 it seems, but I take a stab at 38; Metroid Zero Mission.