By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign-Ups Thread

Sign-Up Thread  |  The Official Thread  |  The Discussion Thread  |  The Results Thread

So, it's that time of the year again! These past 10 months have felt like a real rollercoaster, certainly for me but I believe for many of you as well. It doesn't feel that long ago that we were having last year's Greatest Games Event, but at the same time, it feels like this one couldn't have come any sooner. Here we go!

By November 12th, there'll be 50 days left in the year, so we'll be counting down our 50 favorite games of all time, one each day, and hopefully talking about them too! Whether you've been here a dozen times before or have never entered, I hope many of you are eager to join and talk all about why you love these games that you do.

I'm always thankful to @Smeags for coming up with this wonderful idea, and to @Leadified for carrying on the tradition before I took it on. It's my favorite time of the year to be on VGC and it's all thanks to them.

So, let's get this started! If you want to sign-up, just post in the thread saying so!

Last edited by mZuzek - on 16 January 2023

Around the Network

The rules are unchanged this year, so read them if you want a reminder of how it all works or if this is your first time here.

Basic rules:

• The Official thread and the Discussion thread will be posted on November 10th.

• In the Official thread, you will ONLY POST ONCE. All other posts should be in the Discussion thread, and your ONE post in the Official thread shall be edited to update your list accordingly.

• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your top 50 ever games, one each day:
       • On November 12th, you will post your 50th favorite game.
       • On November 13th, you will post your 49th favorite game.
       • This will continue until December 31st, when you will post your #1 game of all time.

• If this sounds a bit too daunting, you don't need to come here every day, of course! It's totally fine if you have to miss out on a few days. If that happens, just do some catching up and update your list up to the point everyone else's gotten to.

• If you just want to post your top 50 straight away without taking part in the daily interactions, that's okay too, but only if you post the list on the Official thread or message it to me directly. If you post it anywhere else, it won't be accepted.

What games can you pick?

• You can pick any game for any system. It doesn't matter if it's a mobile game, single-player or multiplayer, free-to-play, everything is allowed! ...With a few exceptions, as listed below:

• Games that release after October 31st, 2022 will not be allowed.
       • This means no Sonic Frontiers, God of War Ragnarok, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, and so on.

• Game collections are also not allowed.
       • This means you can't list something like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and instead should list each of the games in it separately.

• Fanmade games are allowed, but mods aren't.

• Expansions, DLCs, or anything of the sort will be included with their base game, so you can't list those separately.

• Remakes, remasters, definitive editions, or anything of the sort should also not be listed separately from their original release.
       • However, certain remakes that differ from the original significantly are allowed. This includes, for example, the Resident Evil remakes and the Metroid remakes. This works on a game-by-game basis - if you're unsure about a specific title, ask me!

Things you should do:

• Please include the platforms you've played each game on (and only those you've played on!). Even if it is an exclusive, still list the platform, it helps me out a lot!

• Reboots often have the same names as their originals. If you have one such game on your list, please specify whether it is the reboot or the original, or add information on the release year.
       • For example, if your list has the Doom reboot, list it as "Doom (2016)".

• For your ONE POST in the Official thread, please don't include images or descriptions. Keep your list clean and to the point - if you want to show images or talk about your favorite games at length, the Discussion thread is the place for that.

• Whenever you finish your list, please send it to me via PM as soon as possible! The earlier I have it, the earlier I can start working on the results thread.

• If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
       • However, if you sent me your list via PM, please message me again with the new alterations, otherwise I'll be using the outdated list.

If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

Links to the past:

2010: Sign-Ups / Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2011: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2012: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2013: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2014: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2015: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2016: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2017: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2018: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2019: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2010-2019 Decade Celebration!!
2020: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2021: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread

(Threads from 2018-2021 are broken right now but hopefully they'll be back soon)

Last edited by mZuzek - on 20 October 2022

Here's our list of entrants so far:

1. mZuzek
  2. Bofferbrauer2
  3. Veknoid_Outcast
  4. Ultrashroomz
  5. super_etecoon
  6. derpysquirtle64
  7. Farsala
  8. Hiku
  9. Darashiva
  10. TruckOSaurus
  11. BraLoD
  12. ARamdomGamer
  13. Machina
  14. coolbeans
  15. trunkswd
  16. Darwinianevolution
  17. axumblade
  18. Doctor_MG
  19. PAOerfulone
  20. VersusEvil
  21. Kakadu18
  22. S.Peelman
  23. Mnementh
  24. DroidKnight
  25. TheWalrusCaesar
  26. Jpcc86
  27. rapsuperstar31
  28. NobleTeam360
  29. forest-spirit
  30. Jaicee
  31. Shadow1980
  32. UnderwaterFunktown
  33. JWeinCom
  34. Runa216
  35. theRepublic
  36. Salnax
  37. StarDoor
  38. DonFerrari
  39. kenjab
  40. drbunnig
  41. killeryoshis
  42. Fuchigole
  43. Supermario28
  44. GoOnKid
  45. KiigelHeart
  46. Platina
  47. Carl
  48. Link_knight30
  49. RingoGaSuki
  50. Angelus
  51. Pajderman
  52. KungKras
  53. Flilix
  54. MTZehvor
  55. Fei-Hung
  56. Eric2048
  57. DragonRouge
  58. sergiodaly
  59. the-pi-guy
  60. shikamaru317
  61. AlbiNecroxz
  62. Chrkeller
  63. green_sky
  64. dane007
  65. FarleyMcFirefly
  66. Jumpin
  67. Mar1217
  68. Iveyboi
  69. BasilZero
  70. Link_Nines.XBC
  71. AngryLittleAlchemist
  72. Metafee

(Users who have already submitted their list are crossed out and bold)

Well, that'll be it for now, the 13th Annual Greatest Games Event is live!!

Last edited by mZuzek - on 14 January 2023

And just to be clear that the thread is open, I'm signing up.

I'm in!

Around the Network

Sign me up! Can’t wait!

I'm in.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I’ve made a list…I’ve never uploaded it. It just seems so arbitrary but I know I just need to stick to my guns and do it. Here’s hoping I actually hold myself accountable this year.

Btw, I think in the rules section that you copied and pasted @mZuzek, that you need to change the date of allowable games to October 31, 2022.

super_etecoon said:

I've made a list...I've never uploaded it. It just seems so arbitrary but I know I just need to stick to my guns and do it. Here's hoping I actually hold myself accountable this year.

Btw, I think in the rules section that you copied and pasted @mZuzek, that you need to change the date of allowable games to October 31, 2022.

Thanks, I missed that one. Hard to even remember what year we're on at this stage.

I will hold you accountable, seeing as you've already made a list and all. No reason to back away now.

Sign me up for that JRPG representation!