By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XBSX beat the XB1 sales, and how many units it will sell?

How many units will the XBSX sell lifetime?

Under 40M 8 30.77%

40-45M 4 15.38%

45-50M 3 11.54%

50-55M 4 15.38%

55-60M 3 11.54%

60-70M 4 15.38%

70M+ 0 0%

Total:26

With the sales of XBSX so far going under XB1 to this point in time and XB360 closing in, how many units you think will the console sell lifetime ?

Previous poll from September 2022:

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 01 February 2024

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Around the Network

72 million units.

75-80mil doesn't seem to unreasonable.

Less than 60 million.

They keep pushing themselves further and further from the hardware, and I can def see a new affordable portable pc market with docking station becoming the new stuff for the generation, pushing people who want to play on Game Pass using this instead

SKMBlake said:

Less than 60 million.

They keep pushing themselves further and further from the hardware, and I can def see a new affordable portable pc market with docking station becoming the new stuff for the generation, pushing people who want to play on Game Pass using this instead

That doesn't make much sense.

With PC components everyone wants some profit and it's much more difficult to cross-finance with software sales. As such, an affordable portable gaming PC with Docking station would be more expensive than a series X no matter which way you turn it - and less powerful than a series S while doing so. Just look at the price of the Steam Deck, $529 for a version who's actually worth it (the 64GB MMC version is too crippling).

Also, my biggest complaints about the Steam deck are it's weight and battery life. If you want something powerful enough, the battery needs to be big and heavy. Right now, we're not yet at the point where you can get enough battery life with enough performance to consider it enough of a competition to the Series S/X. Maybe a couple years down the road, but by then, the Series S/X will already be damn close to those 60M.

Around the Network

In the previous 3 polls I have had a somewhat high prediction of 88. For the sake of consistency I will keep it the same. Holding at 88.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I'm thinking 70+ million.
Can definitely challenge X360 though.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Voted 75-80. I'm a bit surpriced that one of the most popular options is less than 60. It is doing is doing a lot better than the Xbox one and that did 50 millions. Microsoft says it is seeing growth in Asia. I just don't see it doing less than 60.

Mar1217 said:

60-70M. Some might have forgot the later performances of the 360 during it's late cycle was due to the gimmick of the Kinect mostly.
Would Xbox be able to replicate as such in the late years of the Xbox Series ?

That's true. Kinect did a lot of push 360 sales. With that said, 1st party releases will certainly be stronger in the 2nd half of this gen, which will certainly keep the system relevant for consumers. There is a reasonable chance Xbox will have its strongest 1st party portfolio than they ever have when this gen is all said and done. Software support should push the system to get close to 360 numbers. 

I'd say somewhere around 90 Million. This generation is just starting and none of their big games have been released.