By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To all the BraLoDs in da house

Tagged games:

FF2 is the only classic FF I couldn't finish. Too gloomy and weird... but quite memorable. I don't think it's a bad game based on the little I played and what I've seen on Youtube.

FF8 is overly-hated T_T It was my first or tied-first proper RPG (coming from MegaDrive/Genesis), so it blew my mind at the time. I replayed it over a decade later on PS3 and still enjoyed it; didn't appreciate how slow the battle system was, and the characters weren't as likeable as I remembered them. It had such a sick atmosphere (top 3 imo alongside FF7 and FF4) and some of the best OSTs in the series.

FF9 was a great experience in its own right, but had one of the least innovative and slowest battle systems in any RPG I played. Load time before during and after battles, and forced Trance activation/deactivation really hurt my enjoyment. Felt like a poor man's FF6. Loved the characters though, probably my 2nd favorite cast in the series after FF6.

FF5 is low-key the GOAT for being very enjoyable and fairly challenging to me despite being the last classic FF I played. Excellent gameplay system, lots of content, and lovable characters.

My apologies to BraLoD for still not playing BraLoD years after he recommended it :P



Around the Network
Kyuu said:

FF2 is the only classic FF I couldn't finish. Too gloomy and weird... but quite memorable. I don't think it's a bad game based on the little I played and what I've seen on Youtube.

FF8 is overly-hated T_T It was my first or tied-first proper RPG (coming from MegaDrive/Genesis), so it blew my mind at the time. I replayed it over a decade later on PS3 and still enjoyed it; didn't appreciate how slow the battle system was, and the characters weren't as likeable as I remembered them. It had such a sick atmosphere (top 3 imo alongside FF7 and FF4) and some of the best OSTs in the series.

FF9 was a great experience in its own right, but had one of the least innovative and slowest battle systems in any RPG I played. Load time before during and after battles, and forced Trance activation/deactivation really hurt my enjoyment. Felt like a poor man's FF6. Loved the characters though, probably my 2nd favorite cast in the series after FF6.

FF5 is low-key the GOAT for being very enjoyable and fairly challenging to me despite being the last classic FF I played. Excellent gameplay system, lots of content, and lovable characters.

My apologies to BraLoD for still not playing BraLoD years after he recommended it :P

Bold: Exactly, you've nailed it! Every single battle takes an eternity.

Other: FFV is indeed a fantastic game and has the best battle system so far in my opinion. The amount of customization was unheard of back in the days and has had a major influence on future titles. It doesn't get enough credit. I agree that FFVIII has an outstanding soundtrack, I love it.



GoOnKid said:

I heard you like that game. Thought I'd give it a try. It only cost me half my liver and my firstborn son.

Congrats on the purchase! I hope you have a good time when you try it. I own it digitally on the PS3, played it again a couple of months ago and I found it a ton of fun if flawed at times. The OST is really good though, that and the combat system are the best parts of the game.



Spike0503 said:

Congrats on the purchase! I hope you have a good time when you try it. I own it digitally on the PS3, played it again a couple of months ago and I found it a ton of fun if flawed at times. The OST is really good though, that and the combat system are the best parts of the game.

Oh yeah, we've talked about it. You told me about the PS store but I couldn't find it there, and then we figured out it isn't available in PAL regions. For no reason. Thank you, Sony.

Good music and combat, what else could you ask for, that sounds lovely. I just hope it's faster than the borefest FFIX.



GoOnKid said:
Spike0503 said:

Congrats on the purchase! I hope you have a good time when you try it. I own it digitally on the PS3, played it again a couple of months ago and I found it a ton of fun if flawed at times. The OST is really good though, that and the combat system are the best parts of the game.

Oh yeah, we've talked about it. You told me about the PS store but I couldn't find it there, and then we figured out it isn't available in PAL regions. For no reason. Thank you, Sony.

Good music and combat, what else could you ask for, that sounds lovely. I just hope it's faster than the borefest FFIX.

Haha, that's actually the one FF for PS1 I haven't played. My wife loved it though so she always tells me I should play it too.



Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
GoOnKid said:

Oh yeah, we've talked about it. You told me about the PS store but I couldn't find it there, and then we figured out it isn't available in PAL regions. For no reason. Thank you, Sony.

Good music and combat, what else could you ask for, that sounds lovely. I just hope it's faster than the borefest FFIX.

Haha, that's actually the one FF for PS1 I haven't played. My wife loved it though so she always tells me I should play it too.

You'll love it, too. It does a lot of things right... but it runs in slow motion. And the villain wears lingerie. If that's your kind of thing, then cool.



Spike0503 said:
GoOnKid said:

Oh yeah, we've talked about it. You told me about the PS store but I couldn't find it there, and then we figured out it isn't available in PAL regions. For no reason. Thank you, Sony.

Good music and combat, what else could you ask for, that sounds lovely. I just hope it's faster than the borefest FFIX.

Haha, that's actually the one FF for PS1 I haven't played. My wife loved it though so she always tells me I should play it too.

Just the best FF ever.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Spike0503 said:

Haha, that's actually the one FF for PS1 I haven't played. My wife loved it though so she always tells me I should play it too.

Just the best FF ever.

I wouldnt go that far about it .. but yes its still pretty good.



zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Just the best FF ever.

I wouldnt go that far about it .. but yes its still pretty good.

Call it bias of first love, but it was my first FF and also one of the first game I played on the PS1 I had bought with my own money (first console I did it). So there is likely a lot of nostalgia in it.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

I wouldnt go that far about it .. but yes its still pretty good.

Call it bias of first love, but it was my first FF and also one of the first game I played on the PS1 I had bought with my own money (first console I did it). So there is likely a lot of nostalgia in it.

That's cool! My first ever FF and even RPG was Final Fantasy VIII so I have a special love for that one, flaws and all.