By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Developers Should Make Mishandled or Shelved Game IP's

I guess it's had a recent revitalization, but Streets of Rage by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza devs) would be cool.

Otherwise, let's have Platinum try their hands at Panzer Dragoon. Star Fox Zero had promise, it was the gimmick that made it difficult IMO

Around the Network
Doctor_MG said:

I guess it's had a recent revitalization, but Streets of Rage by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza devs) would be cool.

Otherwise, let's have Platinum try their hands at Panzer Dragoon. Star Fox Zero had promise, it was the gimmick that made it difficult IMO

Eh Panzer Dragoon Remake is good and they are making Zweii. Same studio just did the The House of the Dead Remake and it's great. Star Fox, yeah anywhere where Miyamoto can't fuck it up is good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

Itagaki sexually harassed women at Tecmo.

Rape and sexual harassment aren't the same thing. Where's your proof he actually raped anyone?

No they are not different. Forcing sexual favor on anyone in any act is rape. But I will say my original wording was wrong. Sexual assault. He assaulted a tecmo woman in a taxi in 2003. In 2006 he ADMITTED IT and later changed his story to deny it.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 July 2022

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

No they are not different. Forcing sexual favor on anyone in any act is rape. But I will say my original wording was wrong. Sexual assault. He assaulted a tecmo woman in a taxi in 2003. In 2006 he ADMITTED IT and later changed his story to deny it.

If that's true then why wasn't he convicted?

https://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1837-team-ninja-clown-itagakis-rape-case-settled/
He was found innocent it seems. I never knew about any of this myself.

Leynos said:

He forced sex on a woman in a Taxi. Itagaki admitted he did it back in 2006. He later changed his story. Besides not sure how Metroid Prime or Metroid is mishandled when Retro always did well with the series and the best selling Metroid just came out last year.

I see. I’d have to know more. 

I really enjoyed Metroid Prime. Hated Prime 3. There’s some parts I consider to be unforgivably awful in Retro’s series:

High jump boots are not double jump boots (double jump is stupid). High jump feels incredible, double jump feels fucking dumb. 

It’s a fps, it’d be better if it act like one. Tank controls with lock in do not enhance the immersion. Dual analog controls have lasted 20+ years for a reason. 

I enjoy 2D and FPS, but Metroid could (and should) have become a 3rd person 360˚ Camera game (akin to Ninja Gaiden Black). Mario and Zelda both went 3rd person. 

The last time we had a 3D Metroid was what, 15 years ago? Prime 4 has been in development hell for years and we’ve never seen footage.

I haven’t played Mercury Steam’s 2D games but I’m sure they’re awesome. I’m just not in the mood for 2D Metroid, but I’ll get around to it. They do look great. 

Around the Network

Somebody anybody should make a classic arcade style Ridge Racer game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Leynos said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Rape and sexual harassment aren't the same thing. Where's your proof he actually raped anyone?

What so you first say Harassment and Rape are not different and then recognize that your wording was wrong and it was sexual assault? If they are all the same why would the wording be wrong and actually exist the three different wording?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

mZuzek said:
snyps said:

High jump boots are not double jump boots (double jump is stupid). High jump feels incredible, double jump feels fucking dumb.

It’s a fps, it’d be better if it act like one. Tank controls with lock in do not enhance the immersion. Dual analog controls have lasted 20+ years for a reason.

I enjoy 2D and FPS, but Metroid could (and should) have become a 3rd person 360Ëš Camera game (akin to Ninja Gaiden Black). Mario and Zelda both went 3rd person.

The last time we had a 3D Metroid was what, 15 years ago? Prime 4 has been in development hell for years and we’ve never seen footage.

I haven’t played Mercury Steam’s 2D games but I’m sure they’re awesome. I’m just not in the mood for 2D Metroid, but I’ll get around to it. They do look great. 

I'm sure they made it a double jump on the 3D games because it helps with first-person platforming, which by nature is difficult to get right. You don't have a clear view of your surroundings and it's weird to see where you'll land, so having a double jump makes it a lot easier, whereas a high jump would have led to some really frustrating gameplay. That said, even without the double jump, Prime has very good platforming for a first-person game.

Dual analog controls were far from being the norm in console FPS games in the early 2000's, they were just doing what was normal at the time. In the Trilogy version, all games control closer to a dual analog mode, only the right analog is instead done with the pointer. It's safe to assume Prime 4 will have dual analog controls.

Metroid went 3rd person too, it was called Other M. You can play that one and be thankful for the awesome Prime series we got instead. Sure it loses out on the platforming aspect compared to the 2D games, but it makes up for that in atmosphere and immersion which were also always a key aspect of the series.

Yeah it's been 15 years. Retro's been making the game for well over 3 years now and the last time we've seen anything from them was a Donkey Kong game released over 8 years ago. There is definitely reason for concern.

Metroid Dread is awesome, you should play it.

You make reasonable and emotionally satisfying points.

But have you ever played an FPS with high jump? I can only think of 2. Halo CE hacked with dev tool access and Morrowind. While your right that high jump makes platforming much harder, it also makes it more satisfying. Holding jump to fly through the air brings an exciting moment. So what if you miss and land in the lava, you jump out and shoot for the landing again. What’s more Metroid than that?

Nintendo was trying to be different and kudos to them I guess. The tank lock on controls are unique and they work well. Still, common, every other console fps game  before and after uses dual analog, and for good reasons, it’s intuitive and the has the amount of challenge. Locking on is ok optionally, but Primes controls are so unnatural that locking on is 100% required to play. I’d rather aim and earn a few well placed shots than lock and spam. It’s totally un-Metroid. 

Other M had a sue-do 3rd person mode. It was not done right. Maybe Metroid can’t do it right no matter what, because not a lot of 3rd person shooter platform adventures exist. I think and feel that it can if it’s given to a developer that’s done it before and done it well. Honestly, I’m at a loss here on this one because I can’t think of any dev who has succeeded at this. Gunvalkryie but that was far from perfect. Can you think of one, help me out lol?

Yeah I was witness to Metroid skipping the n64. I’m already conditioned toward accepting that I won’t get what I wanted from Metroid. When they showed the splash logo for prime 5 years ago, I didn’t feel any excitement. In my opinion, there is no proof that a 3D Metroid is even in development right now. At this point, I almost wish they would sell the IP to Sony or Microsoft. 

I totally would love to play the 2D games now. I definitely will. I just had a weird injury that made it hard to play games for a while. Now I’m better but I just don’t have the incentive to invest in a switch or 3DS atm. Those two games are firmly marked on my to do’s list. 

Prime isn't a traditional FPS and can hardly be called an FPS. You spend more of the game exploring than shooting. It's just a 2D Metroid game in 3D and FP perspective, it's literally Super Metroid with a different viewpoint. It would be like calling Super Metroid a Run n Gun like Contra. Prime is still a fantastic game. Prime 3 was amazing. 2 is Divisive and I didn't like it but had some cool stuff. Prime was originally going to be a 3rd person game and glad it wasn't. For the atmosphere, Metroid generates being in Samus helmet for 3D is the best option. Retro will no doubt make a great game in MP4. Certainly better than a 4th rate studio like Ninja Theory who fucked up DmC. Could not make a good shooter in Bleeding Edge. Team Ninja failed at Metroid. Itagaki failed to make his own action game without Tecmo. Didn't go well.

Guerilla should revive SOCOM US Navy Seals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.