By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Update: Monster Hunter Rise hits 11 million sold, Sunbreak expansion 4 million (Shipped + Digital)

Monster Hunter Rise hits 10 million sold, Sunbreak 2 million | Famiboards

The latter has been out for less than a week, so it is selling at a very fast pace.

UPDATE: Rise  at 11 million and Sunbreak at 4 million as of August 23rd:

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e220823.html

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 August 2022

Around the Network

Very good! Thanks Capcom for a great game and hopefully a great expansion (I haven't really tried it in the few days, so I cannot judge just yet).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Fantastic results. Already a quite high attach rate.
I find it funny how basically everyone is raving about how much content Sunbreak has and then there's this one idiot on Metacritic who is convinced that the game has barely any content. Hilarious.

Kakadu18 said:

I find it funny how basically everyone is raving about how much content Sunbreak has and then there's this one idiot on Metacritic who is convinced that the game has barely any content. Hilarious.

Sunbreak has excellent content in contrast when compared with barebones Rise. 

Does the total sales figures for Rise include the 2 million for Sunbreak? I was always kind of confused about that when they released figures for World and its expansion.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Does the total sales figures for Rise include the 2 million for Sunbreak? I was always kind of confused about that when they released figures for World and its expansion.

For World they don't count the Master Edition on their website in the World number but instead count it in the Iceborne number, but they still regularly update the total of World where the Master Edition is counted where it's now at 21mil, which they also just announced.

In Rise's case both the 10mil Rise number and the 2mil Sunbreak number do seem to count the special edition where Rise and Sunbreak are both included. They cite that edition as a driving factor in the increase for the Rise number to 10mil from the last reported 9mil before Sunbreak launched.

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

On this website the numbers are as of March 2021. If you buy the MHW Master Edition that includes both the base game and Iceborne the sale is only counted towards the Iceborne number on that list. I assume that in Rise's case it will either count towards both or they will do it exactly like with World and only report the actual Rise total the way they do with World with random announcements.

It bugs me when writers on sites like GoNintendo in that article fail to understand that a game did not necessarily reach a milestone when said milestone was announced. Rise did not reach 9mil in May. It reached it in March. It was a quarterly report and it should be clear and yet I see this nonsense regularly.

There was that Nintendolife article about what the Switch top 10 had sold as of the latest quarter and the author seriously thought that this big companie's quarter ends on May 5th. Like excuse me but where do they even get the info from? Definitely not from Nintendo themselves, since they always say as of what exact date the info is.

Sorry about the rant. I just hate it when people do a sloppy job. I hate it.

Agente42 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Barebones?
Base Rise has 38 large monsters, not including Apexes.

That's 6 more than base World and one of the highest counts in the series for an entry prior to its G/Master Rank expansion.

Wow excellent. I can't believe a very popular game in Japan has gotten some outside following.

curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

Barebones?
Base Rise has 38 large monsters, not including Apexes.

That's 6 more than base World and one of the highest counts in the series for an entry prior to its G/Master Rank expansion.

Disagree. The playtime is small and the game has less content than world.