By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox & Bethesda Summer Showcase 2022 thread- Starting now!

Rate the Xbox/Bethesda showcase?

10 7 10.14%

9 11 15.94%

8 14 20.29%

7 10 14.49%

6 13 18.84%

5 4 5.80%

4 5 7.25%

3 3 4.35%

2/1 1 1.45%

Undecided/NA 1 1.45%

Total:69
Otter said:

Good gamepass content, a bit of a bloated show though.

I have mixed feelings about starfield. Ultimately dissapointing first look but the promise is there. The artstyle didn't excite me, combat didn't excite me, precedural generated content didn't excite me, no story elements excited me.. but the world looks highly detailed, the exploration ambitious and its Bethesda, so I shouldn't have expected a show stopping gameplay demo. Their games are the type that you have to sit down to experience. I remember not getting the hype for Oblivion until I properly dived into the world. Still I'd say my excitement for this game has now moved over to Mass Effect 4

Otherwise stand outs to me were Revenlok & Cacoon. Honestly with the nature of MS showing I think they should go the sony route and just have smaller dedicated shows throughout the year insteading of hyping a 90min show.

I'd give it a 6/10.

7 if it was more condensed and Starfield impressed more.

8 if there were any big surpises

9 if they had Everwild and HellBlade on show with a 2023 confirmed date.

I'll be honest, I was impressed that they managed to get so much content on there without addressing several titles that are either in development or were announced (yes, I know that The Elder Scrolls VI is a long time away). But they managed to get through the whole conference without an update on Contraband, Everwild, Hellblade II, Fable, The Outer Worlds 2, and I'm probably forgetting a title or two. 

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Otter said:

Good gamepass content, a bit of a bloated show though.

I have mixed feelings about starfield. Ultimately dissapointing first look but the promise is there. The artstyle didn't excite me, combat didn't excite me, precedural generated content didn't excite me, no story elements excited me.. but the world looks highly detailed, the exploration ambitious and its Bethesda, so I shouldn't have expected a show stopping gameplay demo. Their games are the type that you have to sit down to experience. I remember not getting the hype for Oblivion until I properly dived into the world. Still I'd say my excitement for this game has now moved over to Mass Effect 4

Otherwise stand outs to me were Revenlok & Cacoon. Honestly with the nature of MS showing I think they should go the sony route and just have smaller dedicated shows throughout the year insteading of hyping a 90min show.

I'd give it a 6/10.

7 if it was more condensed and Starfield impressed more.

8 if there were any big surpises

9 if they had Everwild and HellBlade on show with a 2023 confirmed date.

I'll be honest, I was impressed that they managed to get so much content on there without addressing several titles that are either in development or were announced (yes, I know that The Elder Scrolls VI is a long time away). But they managed to get through the whole conference without an update on Contraband, Everwild, Hellblade II, Fable, The Outer Worlds 2, and I'm probably forgetting a title or two. 

Oh btb, what the heck happened with Hellblade II ? Didn't we had "gameplay" footage of the game shown back in 2020 to hype up the release schedule of the Xbox Series ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

After seeing starfield, I think i'm looking forward to hellblad 2 instead. What were they thinking showing off an opener like that..some generic looking shooter , when they could have showcased something much more epic. Space ship flying looked good, but again, 1 on 1 ship, when they could have had something on a bigger scale. Not a big fan of procedural generated maps, I would prefer a narrow focus to work on and tighten up the story / world designand gameplay.I'm expecting another delay. Possibly end of next year at the earliest.

Hmm i wonder if the base building also includes automation like factorio, universal trade empire building.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KratosLives said:

After seeing starfield, I think i'm looking forward to hellblad 2 instead. What were they thinking showing off an opener like that..some generic looking shooter , when they could have showcased something much more epic. Space ship flying looked good, but again, 1 on 1 ship, when they could have had something on a bigger scale. Not a big fan of procedural generated maps, I would prefer a narrow focus to work on and tighten up the story / world designand gameplay.I'm expecting another delay. Possibly end of next year at the earliest.

You mean you'd like a movie?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
axumblade said:

Oh btb, what the heck happened with Hellblade II ? Didn't we had "gameplay" footage of the game shown back in 2020 to hype up the release schedule of the Xbox Series ?

If I had to guess, they'll probably showcase it at the event they are having in a couple of days. They did show off an update some time over the past year but everything I'm googling keeps bringing up the Bethesda/Xbox Showcase. 

kirby007 said:
KratosLives said:

So the only 2 levels are gereric procedural generated content or movie? Ok. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
kirby007 said:

No but i know his preference in gaming which is what i mentioned, nice try buddy

axumblade said:
Mar1217 said:

If I had to guess, they'll probably showcase it at the event they are having in a couple of days. They did show off an update some time over the past year but everything I'm googling keeps bringing up the Bethesda/Xbox Showcase. 

I belive they said the next show is supplemental info on games showed today. I don't belive there will be any anouncememts at all.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kirby007 said:
eva01beserk said:

No but i know his preference in gaming which is what i mentioned, nice try buddy

I see. This is a " I know what he meant thing" instead of actually replying to what he said.