By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox & Bethesda Summer Showcase 2022 thread- Starting now!

Rate the Xbox/Bethesda showcase?

10 7 10.14%

9 11 15.94%

8 14 20.29%

7 10 14.49%

6 13 18.84%

5 4 5.80%

4 5 7.25%

3 3 4.35%

2/1 1 1.45%

Undecided/NA 1 1.45%

Total:69
CaptainExplosion said:

4/10. Hardly any of the new games have my interest and most of them are just more first person shooters. We also never saw anything new of Perfect Dark or the Everwild.

Oh yeah: Pentiment, Ravenlok, Cocoon, Benedict Fox, As Dusk Falls, Ara, Minecraft Legends - so many first person shooters! I understand you are disappointed about Banjo, but this is ridiculous.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
CaptainExplosion said:

4/10. Hardly any of the new games have my interest and most of them are just more first person shooters. We also never saw anything new of Perfect Dark or the Everwild.

Oh yeah: Pentiment, Ravenlok, Cocoon, Benedict Fox, As Dusk Falls, Ara, Minecraft Legends - so many first person shooters! I understand you are disappointed about Banjo, but this is ridiculous.

You think I actually LIKE Minecraft? And most of those games didn't even interest me, they just looked so dull.

XBox Fans: "Greatest show on earth, at least 9/10".
Neutral observer (like me): "Where are those billions MS pumped into studios? Seriously, where are they?". - 4/10.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mnementh said:

You think I actually LIKE Minecraft? And most of those games didn't even interest me, they just looked so dull.

But that's not what you said. You said most of them FPS, which just isn't true.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 12 June 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I give the show a solid B. I absolutely loved the focus on gameplay and games releasing in the near future, and I am extremely excited for Starfield and Forza Motorsport. I will also be getting the Persona games on my Xbox. Kojima was also a nice surprise. Genre diversity was good and the indies made a strong showing.

Still, no updates on avowed was a bummer. And outside of Obsidian, Turn 10, and some seasonal content updates from Playground and Rare, XGS was a no show. Would have liked to have heard from ID too.

Around the Network
drkohler said:

Neutral observer (like me): "Where are those billions MS pumped into studios? Seriously, where are they?". - 4/10.

Old 90s gamer (like me): *shrug* "Better than Sony at least." 7/10

Feels like a 6/10.  

There were quite a few games and good diversity. But the only game that really stood out to me was Starfield. 

There were a lot of good announcements for people that are already Xbox owners I think. Expansions for big games and some long awaited ports. 

But I don't think there was as much for someone who isn't already playing those games. 

drkohler said:

That's what I want to know. Even Nintendo hasn't had presentations this disappointing.

drkohler said:

Just stop. Nobody is calling it the greatest. Most rate it in the range of 6-8/10, depending on taste. Your "neutral" take is not reflective of how most view it. 4/10 is extremely low for an objectively good show. 

smroadkill15 said:
drkohler said:

Just stop. Nobody is calling it the greatest. Most rate it in the range of 6-8/10, depending on taste. Your "neutral" take is not reflective of how most view it. 4/10 is extremely low for an objectively good show. 

Then I was ready to objectively yawn for much of it.