By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - June 2nd (30 mins, 3rd party, VR + Horizon)

Seems like we may not get GoW Ragnarok's release date since it'll be focusing on third-party partners and PSVR2, but it'll be really cool to see what kind of tech and games we can look forward to for the new VR headset. Wonder if this'll be FFVII Remake news that Square was referring to.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Only 30 minutes, and only focused on 3rd party games and PSVR2? That is kind of a lame Summer Showcase for Sony compared to the rumored 90 minute one from Microsoft. I miss the old days of E3 where Xbox and Sony went all out against one another.

3rd party and PSVR 2 focus is making me think God of War Ragnarok is delayed, was previously leaked for a September release, but that is just 3 months after this June state of play and Ragnarok seemingly won't be there. Maybe it can still make a November release or something, but I suspect it may be delayed into Q1 2023, as Sony tends to avoid releasing their games on the Holiday period to instead focus on 3rd party marketing deals, like CoD MW2, CoD Warzone 2, and Hogwarts Legacy this year.

Sony prefer spreading their announcement out, if I'm not mistaken they gave their largest SOP of last year in October. So yeah, the times of everything being concentrated in the summer is over. Microsoft is the only hardware maker still doing traditional E3 scale events but the rest of of their year is pretty void. Last year they the aquisition news kind of made up for it but I don't think its the way to go, going forward

I want to see one of Final Fantasy 16 or Star Ocean with a 2022 release date, some Square Enix ps1 and ps2 playstation + premium games announced for the service, Resident Evil Village dlc coming this year with PSVR2 support coming,and Resident Evil 4's remakes big reveal would be cool as well.

I would tell others to keep their expectations in check, but its interesting that Sony announced this nearly a week in advance, usually these smaller State of Plays only get a few days notice, similar to the dedicated ones.

Still best to going into this one with tempered expectations.

30 mins of good and interesting announcements machine gunned with little filler can still make for a good showcase

I know a lot of people who would be perfectly happy just seeing persona 4 and/or SMT5
Along with others like ff16&7 remake p2, an update on the last of us part 1 on ps5

Around the Network

I'm expecting aside from PSVR2 game reveals
-Final Fantasy 16
-GOW (either release date or State of play teaser)
-Stray/Little Devil Inside
-Arkham Knights
-New Capcom game (RE4 or Dragons Dogma)

I think Forsaken's going to get its own SOP in August/September.

shikamaru317 said:

Only 30 minutes, and only focused on 3rd party games and PSVR2? That is kind of a lame Summer Showcase for Sony compared to the rumored 90 minute one from Microsoft. I miss the old days of E3 where Xbox and Sony went all out against one another.

3rd party and PSVR 2 focus is making me think God of War Ragnarok is delayed, was previously leaked for a September release, but that is just 3 months after this June state of play and Ragnarok seemingly won't be there. Maybe it can still make a November release or something, but I suspect it may be delayed into Q1 2023, as Sony tends to avoid releasing their games on the Holiday period to instead focus on 3rd party marketing deals, like CoD MW2, CoD Warzone 2, and Hogwarts Legacy this year.

How's the time length relevant for the simple minded lol. If EA does a 120 minute show, that is supposed to be a sign of good? 

You know what's lame? Having nothing to release this year and for most of last gen. Sony's list this year: Horizon West, GT7, Forspoken and we even be in for a surprising FF16. 

The following has happened at every showcase. SONY Pre showcase we are showcasing QRSTU so don't expect VWXYZ. FANDOM end of showcase, where were VWXYZ it's a disgrace?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Tagged for later. 'Only a SoP' but pretty excited ngl.

That was really good, for sure my favourite SOP yet. Spider-Man PC version was a pleasant surprise and stuff like SF6 looked quite interesting.