By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys 5% of Nintendo

Eagle367 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Societal change doesn't work on Saudi Arabia. Took them more than 50 years just to let women drive cars. Now they're gonna impose Sharia law on Nintendo. -_-

I think you are overestimating the influence that Saudi Arabia can have on Nintendo and the influence they want to have. You think they have any real morals? Nah they just want control in their territory and profit from companies outside.

That's what they want you to think. Remember, most of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudi, INCLUDING bin Laden, and there's more and more evidence that the Saudi government funded Al Qaeda, which would make them liable to state sponsored terrorism. That's why you can't trust Saudi Arabia when it comes to anything good. Just ask Saudi women and girls. -_-

Around the Network

They were probably impressed by their implementation of the artificial scarsity business model.

freebs2 said:

They were probably impressed by their implementation of the artificial scarsity business model.

That would only further prove Saudi Arabia has ill intent. They're most likely making plans to put all female Nintendo characters into burkas and have them beaten for learning.

CaptainExplosion said:
freebs2 said:

That would only further prove Saudi Arabia has ill intent. They're most likely making plans to put all female Nintendo characters into burkas and have them beaten for learning.

Well that wouldn't be too beneficial for sales, would it? Someone has to pay for all those golden bathroom sinks.

freebs2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well that wouldn't be too beneficial for sales, would it? Someone has to pay for all those golden bathroom sinks.

They care less about sales and more about subjugating women and non-Muslims.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
freebs2 said:

Uhm....naaah.

I'm pretty sure if you gave them choice between one and the other, they would go for cash.

5% isn't enough to tell Nintendo what to do in any meaningful way, they could make suggestions but Nintendo doesn't have to do shit, I dislike that they acquired the stake as I hate the Saudi regime but in terms of what they can do to Nintendo, not much at all and if they tried to make Nintendo do something, Nintendo would tell them to bugger off, they'll be protected by the Japanese government.

As for acquiring Nintendo, absolutely zero chance, Japan would block it and even in the crazy scenario that they didn't, Nintendo would cost $75bn+ with a 40% premium but it's frigging Nintendo, their premium will likely be higher than 40%, now I don't know how rich this investment fund is but I doubt they'll want to blow a huge chunk of their cash on Nintendo, Lol. Not that Nintendo wouldn't be a wicked investment to anyone but I don't think they want to put all chips into one company.

It's just them desperately trying to find another source of income because they know the oil won't last forever so they're leeching off the world in other ways, I.E. buying minority stakes in successful companies, I doubt they have any interest in controlling these companies, they just need that secondary cash flow.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2022

freebs2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Uhm....naaah.

I'm pretty sure if you gave them choice between one and the other, they would go for cash.

Never count out their shittiness.