By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts April 2022 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:

I'm working on updates to the sales comparison charts. I've relabeled one of the Gap Charts, so it shows "PS5 Lead > 0 / Wii Lead < 0" and removed the "XXX Lead" in the header. What do you all think?

It makes sense. Thanks.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm working on updates to the sales comparison charts. I've relabeled one of the Gap Charts, so it shows "PS5 Lead > 0 / Wii Lead < 0" and removed the "XXX Lead" in the header. What do you all think?

It makes sense. Thanks.

No problem. Someone pointed out how confusing the label was, so I decided to make it easier to understand. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I think it would help if the label as on the side above and below the zero. like this:

Chicho said:

I think it would help if the label as on the side above and below the zero. like this:

The issue with that is the image uploader for us resizes all images to 640 pixels wide, so if I did that the main part the chart would be much smaller to look at. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

like this then, It is 640.

Around the Network
Chicho said:

like this then, It is 640.

that's better

It can even be on the other side like this.

Last edited by Chicho - on 01 June 2022

Chicho said:

I can even be on the other side like this.

Having it next to the 0 ain't too bad. I've already got this week's sales comparison articles written and will have them posted once per day for the rest of the week. I'll see if I can figure out how to get those arrows added in Excel for future articles.

Share the article here.

PS5 vs Switch Sales Comparison - April 2022

This monthly series compares the aligned worldwide sales of the PlayStation 5 and Switch.

The PlayStation 5 launched in November 2020, while the Nintendo Switch launched in March 2017. This does mean the holiday periods for the two consoles do not lineup.

PS5 Vs. Switch Worldwide:

Gap change in latest month: 80,304 - NS

Gap change over last 12 months: 2,763,485 - NS

Total Lead: 380,379 - NS

PlayStation 5 Total Sales: 19,464,276

Switch Total Sales: 19,844,655

April 2022 is the 18th month the PlayStation 5 has been available for. In the latest month, the gap grew in favor of the Nintendo Switch when compared to the aligned launch of the PS5 by 80,304 units.

In the last 12 months, the Switch has outsold the PS5 by 2.76 million units. The Switch is ahead of the PS5 by 380,379 units.

The PlayStation 5 has sold 19.46 million units in 18 months, while the Nintendo Switch sold 19.84 million units. Month 18 for the PlayStation 5 is April 2022 and for the Nintendo Switch it is August 2018.

The Nintendo Switch crossed 20 million units sold in month 19, 30 million in month 23, and 40 million in month 33. The Nintendo Switch has sold 107.37 million units through April 2022.

Share the article here.

Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Sales Comparison - April 2022

This monthly series compares the aligned worldwide sales of the Xbox Series X|S and Switch.

The Xbox Series X|S launched in November 2020, while the Nintendo Switch launched in March 2017. This does mean the holiday periods for the two consoles do not lineup.

XSX|S Vs. Switch Worldwide:

Gap change in latest month: 183,924 - NS

Gap change over last 12 months: 4,711,919 - NS

Total Lead: 5,415,870 - NS

Xbox Series X|S Total Sales: 14,428,785

Switch Total Sales: 19,844,655

April 2022 is the 18th month the Xbox Series X|S has been available for. In the latest month, the gap grew in favor of the Nintendo Switch when compared to the aligned launch of the Xbox Series X|S by 183,924 units.

In the last 12 months, the Switch has outsold the Xbox Series X|S by 4.71 million units. The Nintendo Switch is currently ahead of the Xbox Series X|S by 5.42 million units.

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 14,43 million units in 18 months, while the Nintendo Switch sold 19.84 million units. Month 18 for the Xbox Series X|S is April 2022 and for the Nintendo Switch it is August 2018.

The Nintendo Switch crossed 20 million units sold in month 19, 30 million in month 23, and 40 million in month 33. The Nintendo Switch has sold 107.37 million units through April 2022.