By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: F.I.S.T. Forged In Shadow Torch coming to Switch 12th July in the West, 14th in Japan

Figured this deserved its own thread.

Ti Games' crossgen Metroidvania from last year is coming to Switch this Q3 and will receive a physical release.

F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch coming to Switch in Q3 2022 (nintendoeverything.com)

Around the Network

Physical release? Im in.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Caught my eye last year already. Was hoping for it to come to Switch.

Excited for this as I am just about all Metroidvanias. It's just a very elegant and inspiring progression system for adventure games. Not all of them will be Hollow Knight or Super Metroid, but even the short ones or the clunky ones are still fun. I even like mini-Metroidvanias like the ones created in Super Mario Maker.

I'm still waiting for a 2D MarioVania and a 2D side-scrolling Zeldavania. I don't think we'll ever get one, but it sure is fun to think about. Mario having to acquire a mushroom to be able to break blocks, or to be able to wall jump, or to have a fire flower, or a cape. These abilities would be permanent and stacked. One expansive world filled with inter connecting pipes. Ice worlds and water worlds that you can't enter until you have the right suit. Just call it Mario. Collecting coins would allow you to buy health upgrades or speed upgrades. Yes, it wouldn't be a Mario game...but boy it sure would be fun...and even a little serious.

I didn't think this one was going to be ported to Switch frankly. I thought I'd have to get it on PS4 or PC, this is a good surprise.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Considering this is a crossgen PS5/PS4 game that pushes graphical fidelity hard, it's interesting to see it being brought over to Switch; it may well be the most visually advanced game yet to make the jump to Nintendo's hybrid.

The core gameplay looks like a lot of fun, so I'll definitely pick it up if its a good port.

We now have a release date; 12th of July in the West, 14th in Japan!

F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch heads to Switch in the West on July 12th | GoNintendo