By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Boxing thread from a boxing fan (come join) want Canelo (adjust) beat Bivol in rematch

Everytime Canelo does his upperbody and head moves he gets tired even at 168lbs then he pulls back and head moves lesser. Hes always had stamina problems but it was much worser in 175lbs but in the earlier rounds he does head and body movements in 168lbs and gets tired like he did vs Bivolwhen he pivots the extremely fast Bivol at 175lbs throws alot of punches to Canelo like 4 or 6 punches then Canelo is worried. I really hate this but that's how Canelo Head movement was already figured 5:10 mark was fine but entire video from 0:00 was scary.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Edit this: Reiterate from page 2 Canelo didn't use his usual style like when he fought GGG 

from the other thread Canelo being flat footed since his existance really hurts him some people born with fast feet others born flat foot Canelo is a flat foot so he 100% relies on upperbody headmoves, also Canelo traps no longer work etc alot of stuff in this video below because Bivol style.

This is why I love boxing, I love Canelo but this youtuber studied why Bivol took every tool and trap canelo did his whole life away his jab was counter jabbed by the athletism of Bivol. Yes Canelo is flat footed he was born like that but it's reynoso style. Bivol studied Canelo very good. Bivol was a pure boxer like what the Mayweathers said a Pure boxer will beat Canelo 10/10 times though Canelo might get the best of few slick boxers like Billy Joe Saunders because they are not Athletic like Bivol and Boxers like Billy Joe get ko'd easily . Bivol took shots from canelo to see if he can take them he definately could Bivol never been dropped ever and Smith JR hits harder than Canelo at 175lbs. Theres an upcoming war with Joe Smith Jr from USA vs Beterbiev they both punch harder because they are 175lbs naturally. Canelo is natural 168lbs him going up made him tired and slower. Canelo keeps punching the Bivol arms because of lounges he does always and is negated from Bivol Athletism of his high guard. WHich is why Bivol won 10 rounds and Canelo won 2 rounds. I'm unsure about a rematch? Bivol has same stradegy with this against the flat foot and traps and counter jab Canelo jab the next time Bivol will add more in his arsanol of We'll see an improved Bivol from Canelo vs Bivol 1 to a more wiser Bivol in Canelo vs Bivol 2. Bivol trainer Joel DIaz knows he has a genuine smart pure boxer with granite chin in Bivol. I don't know if Canelo should get the rematch? Joel Diaz wants another pay check hoping Canelo goes for the rematch against The Athletic Pure Boxer. I want Canelo to win but the odds Bivol possess in this video shows Canelo Used everything and nothing was done many people are saying ditch Reynoso because Reynoso has no plan B ? or Plan C? the Canelo corner did everything but I'm sad. Canelo is made for a Boxer like Bivol like people say style makes fights and Bivol style though not Mayweather has the Athletism and foot work that counters Canelo footwork . It's disgusting Canelo is tailor made for Bivol which is why Bivol won.Canelo won't ditch Reynoso because Reynoso made Canelo today.Reynoso only taught Canelo all front foot traps that's it for his traps and Bivol took all that away. This reminds me of me meeting Evo fighting gamer players that have too much info.

Canelo might of lost but since he gained weight to 174lbs his stamina depleted from carrying muscle going up and down weights alot though, when he fought Kovalev he didn't have his muscles depleted wasn't slowed down I think he was 174lbs there too if I remember? Canelo is having the Roy Jones Jr effect probably? Where Roy Jones lost to Antonio Tarvor and such but that was a dramatic weight decrease from Heavyweight to light heavy weight for Roy Jones Jr if I remember? For Canelo it was reverse second weight increase to 175 slowed him the muscles depleted his energy muscles take alot of oxygen ask body builders when they fight thats why very muscle-y type dudes gas quickly. It's smart Canelo wants the Bivol rematch at 168lbs, Bivol footwork might slow him down in 168lbs hopefully? While Canelo is at peak 168lbs. Smart rematch in second fight to see what Bivol arsenal of tools loses going down? Bivol might have the drained effect on him like Canelo was weight drain by Floyd Mayweather when Mayweather knew Canelo could no longer make 154lbs much less 152lbs. When Canelo was 23 years old.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 14 May 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Canelo`s head movement reminds me of Roberto Duran`s except not as good Panamas Roberto Duran head movement > Canelo head movement, Duran pulled his head back to evade Hearns shots while on the ropes and got knocked out would this tactic have got him knocked out by a prime Hearns?

Roberto Duran headmovement and his amazing feet complimenting eachother thats how he beat the legendary Sugar Ray Leonard until the Rematch were Sugar Ray Leonard beat Duran back. Also Roberto Duran never gets tired unlike Canelo but I love all my Mexicans and other Latinos it's just style of the african which theres like alot of african styles and iron chins that defeat us and Teofimo Lopez is my Hero since he's Honduran and I'm Honduran too. at 0:59 Duran head movement to trap pull back hard right that'll ko most boxers today in his weight class love that part. and other parts. Also 2:03 Duran counter from a flurry energetic opponent duran head movement but hard counters opponent after duran eats .

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 12 May 2022

Canelo just bit more than he can chew. He fought a champion within his natural weight. Canelo needs to go down in weight and take the Golovkin fight, I think that's the smartest play for him.

Zyphe said:

Canelo just bit more than he can chew. He fought a champion within his natural weight. Canelo needs to go down in weight and take the Golovkin fight, I think that's the smartest play for him.

Yes, and GGG is 40 years old now much easier.

Around the Network

Argentina's Brian Castano can beat Jermell Charlo in the rematch. I'm guessing Brian Castano is hungrier than ever and Jermell style is not looking good against Brian Castano though unless Jermell surprises me but Jermell stle is always the same most of the time except vs tony harrison fight rematch unexpected result. I'll Watch Argentina Brian Castano he seems to get better and adding more to his style every fight unique Argentinian like how Teofimo Lopez style changes from every fight and surprise stopped Lomachenko from going right Teofimo Lopez showed something not seen from previous Lopez matches ever and nullified Lomachenko in first 6 rounds until Lomachenko adjusted. Charlo doesn't adjust when he faced Castano. Love Julio Ceasar Chavez Senior too abit smaller in weight but theres reason for weight classes Canelo going up to 175 against a prime Bivol hurt.

Gotta study

Modern boxers have bad High Guards liam smith etc, But boxers like Bivol have a 80's type High Guard his high Guard is not alot defence it's defending with excellent footwork and jabbing and alot of things modern day high guards suck except bivol high guard which is 80's high guard abit of Pernell Whiteker Sweet Pea that beat CHavez senior but got robbed on score cards that's the superior high guard and not the awful modern day high guard like liam smith that Canelo beats always which is why Canelo choose to fight Bivol thinking Bivol high guard was like Liam smith? Canelo tight guard got picked apart by 80's jabbing and superior footwork in bivol

Video below Canelo destroys many modern day high guards

Video below Bivol 80's high guard destroys cancels Canelo offence and traps and picks Canelo tight guard 10 rounds > 2

I think Bivol's jabs shocked Canelo, it was reminiscent of Triple G's, that's why he had a hard time on their 1st outing. Plus, it's a lot heavier punch, because of the weight. But, still interesting to see if Canelo's willing to take the rematch. We'll see.

I'm Honduran I believe in teofimo lopez I'm hoping he'll beat Josh Taylor then have a war with Jack Catrell, he will not beat Terence Crawford or Errol Spence he'll get ko'd by both and if he meets Shakur Stevenson he'll might lose that fight but I think a smart lopez beats gervonta davis unless Gervonta unloads something vicious but Teofimo won't get ko'd by Gervonta Davis but will play it safe seen it when Kambrosos dropped teofimo lopez for being emotional and not having a gameplan and underestimated kambrosos I still think Kambrosos is horrible should of been a draw but yeah after teofimo lopez hopefully beats Josh Taylor he'll fight Jack Catrerrel and maybe a Shawn Porter before getting ko'd by Terence Crawford or Errol Spence He's smaller than Danny Garcia but boxes better than Danny Garcia I can never see Danny Garcia at 135lbs beating Lomachenko not his way to deal against the superior Lomachenko abilities. Teofimo still a big name just needs to be focused. Danny Garcia only has a tough chin and a right few moves, Teofimo Lopez very smart IQ and and alot of tools that was shown against vs Loma it was unreal. I want that version of Teofimo Lopez to show up and hopefully smack Josh taylor. Lomachenko would be proud of Lopez. but will understand Jack Catrel vs Lopez .Though Lopez is the superior fighter and Jack Catrell dropped Josh Taylor and was robbed by the judges making Josh taylor win for no reason . when in reality jack catrell won that fight. Teofimo might get ko'd by Catterral.

Watch this highlight 5 minutes of Bivol vs Joe Smith Jr from USA the all american hits bivol viciously few times but bivol stays composed also Joe smith Jr fights super dirty and body slams bivol , smith later lands more better precision in later rounds smith jr is a slow starter in early rounds.

Marcus Browne vs Artur Beterbiev, Marcus Browne played very dirty and made Artur Beterbiev bloodied It pissed Beterbiev off and ko;d Marcus Browne in 9 in this short 5 minute video Marcus browne has alot of energy in early rounds unreal.

If Canelo doesn't rematch Bivol , then bivol boxes Zurdo

Beterbiev vs the all american dirty fighter Joe smith Jr will be hard fight

175lbs is scary

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 14 May 2022