By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Sales Update: (To 31st March 2022) Switch at 107.65m shipped

curl-6 said:

The thirst for Pokémon seems unquenchable; BD/SP and Arceus come out within months of each other, and still achieve sales like this.
Will be interesting to see where they manage to leg it out to and if either breaks the 20 million mark.

Also, an amendment to the OP: New Pokemon Snap sales are only outside Japan. Anyone know its Japanese total?

New Pokémon Snap was at 340k physical copies sold in Japan in April when it charted the last time.

Around the Network

The_Liquid_Laser said:
curl-6 said:

Courtesy of Install Base:

Nintendo's net profit now dwarfs even the peak of the Wii/DS era.

The best thing about this chart is that there are two giant bars at the end.  The first giant bar shows the profits Nintendo can make during pandemic shut downs and the second giant bar shows that Nintendo can make similar profits ever after shut downs have ended.

Just eyeballing it but it looks like at least 1/3rd of all profit for the company since 1981 was from the past 2 years.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

The thirst for Pokémon seems unquenchable; BD/SP and Arceus come out within months of each other, and still achieve sales like this.
Will be interesting to see where they manage to leg it out to and if either breaks the 20 million mark.

Also, an amendment to the OP: New Pokemon Snap sales are only outside Japan. Anyone know its Japanese total?

New Pokémon Snap was at 340k physical copies sold in Japan in April when it charted the last time.

Is that April 2021 or 2022?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

Alrighty, so it's probably just shy of 3 million in total.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Valdney said:

The sheer rejection of SS HD (the ultimate puZZelda) is a beautiful thing to watch. I just have to hope Nintendo actually learns a lesson here.

It still outsold the Wii game, and still continue to sell more, so i don't know what you are expecting. Anyway, it seems i'm the only one who can welcome the new things in Zelda while still enjoying the traditional.

I think a large potion of the fanbase has that opinion. It's always the extremes that are screaming the loudest. I think both SS and BOTW are great games for diametrically opposing reasons. Both can exist. Especially now that the worst parts of SS are gone.

holzi said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

It still outsold the Wii game, and still continue to sell more, so i don't know what you are expecting. Anyway, it seems i'm the only one who can welcome the new things in Zelda while still enjoying the traditional.

I think a large potion of the fanbase has that opinion. It's always the extremes that are screaming the loudest. I think both SS and BOTW are great games for diametrically opposing reasons. Both can exist. Especially now that the worst parts of SS are gone.

That's how fanbases go, and I mean in the end I doubt that Nintendo thinks the investment for Skyward Sword wasn't worth it. Nearly 4 million sold on a HD version of a game is pretty profitable. 

Honestly that only means they see more reason to do HD versions of older games. Skyward Sword doing well is only good if you want to see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?