By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Ships 19.3 Million Units as of March 2022, 70.5 Million PlayStation Games Sold

archbrix said:
eva01beserk said:

archbrix said:

A couple of days from warehouse (Japan) to store shelves in the west by boat? Now that's ridiculous:

https://www.shiphub.co/shipping-from-japan-to-the-us/

"Ocean freight is also the slowest shipping option available when shipping from Japan to the US. On average, Japanese shipments arrive at the West Coast in 15-20 days. Ships arrive at ports located on the East Coast in 25-30 days."

I know this is just straw man so I should not bother responding to you both. But to you and some of the guys here who are trying to twist the argument. Can I ask exactly if you guys think if its not obvious? 

Uh, what straw man? Rol already schooled your boy here on Sony shipments:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9379094

And we just proved your couple of days wrong on shipping times.

At least i know you dont plan on being serious. saves me time. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
archbrix said:

Uh, what straw man? Rol already schooled your boy here on Sony shipments:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9379094

And we just proved your couple of days wrong on shipping times.

At least i know you dont plan on being serious. saves me time. 

Oh no, please... explain to us how Sony's official PS4 numbers as of March 31, 2014 were 7.5m and then six days later Sony themselves stated 7m SELL-THROUGH.  As Rol said, PS4 was a hot seller just four months into its life - there weren't consoles lining shelves or anything, so even a child can see that the 7.5m from their financial report is "left the warehouse" compared to the actual sell-through to customers they reported later.



eva01beserk said:
archbrix said:

Uh, what straw man? Rol already schooled your boy here on Sony shipments:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9379094

And we just proved your couple of days wrong on shipping times.

At least i know you dont plan on being serious. saves me time. 

Are you trolling right now?

Like what is even going on here? Are you living in some kind of parallel world or what?

You make no sense.



Once you have provided your obviously correct statement with evidence and they respond with a one line dismissing comment... There is no winning.



eva01beserk said:

You guys are confused as to say that how a individual bought items counts as a corporation byuing in bulk is. Having worked on it myself for a time I can garanty any of you that theres no way Sony counta as sold any unit that's in a cargo ship to a retailer. A ratailer can buy a cargo ship full of a product and pay in advance but the seller does not count it as sold yet. For the main reason of quality control and schedule. Only at the receiving of the product does a company counts it as sold.

The best a company counts as sold is when it gets to a retailers where house. Thats the biggest time frame that the shipped to retailers is not yet sold to consumers. But once it hits a retailers where house its at most days away from actual stores.

You’ve been on this site too long to not know the difference between shipped and sold, you should be ashamed.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Once you have provided your obviously correct statement with evidence and they respond with a one line dismissing comment... There is no winning.

Some people can't accept that they're wrong.



ironmanDX said:

Once you have provided your obviously correct statement with evidence and they respond with a one line dismissing comment... There is no winning.

At that point it's either denial or stubbornness, or perhaps a bit of both?

The thing is, the PS5 is doing great and nobody is doubting the demand for it.  Why some people insist on some agenda by this site is beyond me.



yo33331 said:

I think the PS4 numbers should be adjusted up a little bit from 116.81M (to date) to somewhere around 116.90 or 117M (when you take into account that by april 30th the total shipments units have to be around 117.06M)

This is really splitting hairs, nobody cares if a consoles lifetime sales are off by 0.08%



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

This is really splitting hairs, nobody cares if a consoles lifetime sales are off by 0.08%

let's not touch the sales of every dying console and let's not do adjustments then .. since the accuracy is not so important ..

and because nobody cares, that's why PS4 have been adjusted a few times even this year, xb1 too (there the difference is even smaller than 0.08%) and many other dying consoles in their last years too. In fact why even the site is tracking the last year of vita or 3ds in japan ? since it's almost nothing as numbers.. let's just remove the database for every console year that is below let's say 50k for the year ? why not if nobody cares.

it's splitting your hairs really

Last edited by yo33331 - on 14 May 2022

zorg1000 said:
yo33331 said:

I think the PS4 numbers should be adjusted up a little bit from 116.81M (to date) to somewhere around 116.90 or 117M (when you take into account that by april 30th the total shipments units have to be around 117.06M)

This is really splitting hairs, nobody cares if a consoles lifetime sales are off by 0.08%

I'd think that if the adjustments make sense, why not change them?

It highlights the accuracy of the site though.