By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let me play LoD on PS4/PS5 already, Sony!

Tagged games:

 

Do you agree?

For sure, LoD for life! 5 17.24%
 
Of course not, it's you. 5 17.24%
 
I would rather play PS5 on PS1. 2 6.90%
 
What is a LoD? 3 10.34%
 
LoD will be on gamepass before that happens. 1 3.45%
 
LoD Remake when? 4 13.79%
 
Didn't you already have enough? 2 6.90%
 
Stop playing with yourself. 2 6.90%
 
Play has no limits. 2 6.90%
 
Did you really needed to ... 3 10.34%
 
Total:29
Spike0503 said:
BraLoD said:

I love Rose, she is up there with Lavitz as my fav chars.

Also, that chest is definitely something of luck-based indeed, because, even as it does give you enough attempts to get some loot if you know what you are doing, but for the ultimate wargod you definitely need some luck or to try multiple times to figure it out so quickly.

The good thing is, that item is useless for me as I love to do the additions myself, the bad is that selling it gives you tons of money xD

Agree to disagree on Rose. I don't really remember the justifications for what she did but to hang around Dart and the team knowing what she knows makes her very deceitful in my view. But anyway, maybe the justification at the end of the game will make me change my mind, doubt it though.

Lavitz is great though! I did pretty much all his additions 90% of the time but Albert's timing is much harder lol. Character-wise he's awesome, I wish the game would let us give Lavitz's portrait to his mom. 

Yeah getting that bracelet is such a pain, part of me wants to just skip it but the completionist in me feels wrong about it haha. Speaking of additions, I'm not the best but I'm kinda alright with most of them but Dart's "Madness Hero" is such a pain in the butt to get right! The worse thing is that you can't get the best addition if you don't max out all of them right? 

What Rose does is a massive burden on her as well, but I'll not go in too much detail since it looks like you doesn't remember that very well and is currently set to get to see it again.

Albert is faster than Lavitz, not stat wise, sure, but his movements are definitely faster and a bit more refined, compared to Lavitz more brutish moves, you really need to adapt to both styles as its really different even if the additions themselves are the named the same.

Madness Hero is all about knowing the pause times between the slashes, don't bother trying to follow them by eye, most of them are paced between themselves in the exact same timing, you can even close your eyes to make it easily once you get it right, lol, but yeah, it was one I really struggled in my first playthrough until I realised that.

And yeah, the final and best addition for all chars (except the obvious Bow users) is only unlocked when you get level 5 in all their others ones, so you need at least 80 completitions on each to unlock them.

Completely worthy it, is the best for every single char.

Did you reach disc 3 already? I just love 2 disc so much, the reunion after the ghost ship incident is just so good.



Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
BraLoD said:

Sony would rather keep pretending the game never even existed, sadly.

I still don't understand why Sony does that. I mean, the game has a very cool battle system, an amazing soundtrack, and even a large fanbase. Geez, this game is so good that it rivals Final Fantasy for me.

So, why ignore it? Just look at how good the Final Fantasy VII Remake performed. A Legend of Dragoon remake would be really nice too.

To me it really looks like Sony has some actual problems with the game.

Either they did have some kind of agreement with Square to keep out of JRPGs, some kind of licensing issues as the project was massive or even something about the game director that just completely disappeared from the known society after LoD was out, really, is he still even alive? Nobody knew a thing about it after that game.

But either way, the gaming press definitely didn't like it that much back then, and maybe Sony just don't think its ever worth investing that much to just break even and get mediocre scores... but the way Sony makes it best to keep pretending it doesn't even know what it is certainly stinks of something weird.

At this point we had:

Shuhei Yoshida, which was one of the games producers and the one people from Sony to ever talk about it at all (mostly when it was added on PSN, he personally posted it on the PS Blog, which was really rare for him, as it wae him that revealed there was once a LoD2 and even he doesn't know why it just faded into obscurity inside Sony) and being the head of world wide studios for years;

Mark Ceny, which is PS4 and PS5 lead architect and have a lot of status within Sony that even let him develop a new IP that publicly said LoD is his favorite games from the 90s;

And most recently Peter Dalton, a director from Bluepoint Games, now part of Sony, that stated he would love a LoD remake to be a project on their studios back when Demon's Souls Remake was still not confirmed to be actually it.

And Sony can't even make a tweet to congratulate the game on its anniverssary, or include it for free in the classic mini console (that was for the best tho, as it was a disaster), must less invest on it.

I've been following any trace from Sony about this game actively since 2008, and the three single times Sony even recognized it even existed was:

When it released on PSN really late, and Shu talked about it and the LoD2 project being a thing;

When in some conference I can't remember after an update on a montage about PS classic games on their site there was Dart and Rose in dragoon form added on it (the only time I ever saw that kind of thing, and if I remember well it was only after people questioned about it that they were updated with the most common google search images you'll get about them);

And when Dart was revealed to be scrapped as a dlc character on PSASBR and kept that way even after we campaigned about it being added once we knew it because of a leaked image of his model.

For some reason, way more than just money it seems, they REALLY make it look like they don't even know they own it at all, sadly.



Kyuu said:

1. PS4/PS5 can't read CD's and I don't think it's a software issue, so disk ownership authentication won't work. Even if it's possible (like I imagine it is with PS2 games), Sony just won't implement it.

2. You deserve a LoD remake with a billion dollar budget, but Sony forgot Bloodborne's existence, never mind LoD :P

I've read about it on PS4 before, about lacking the right laser lenght or something, but I doubt its true at all, it's definitely a software feature.

Bloodborne is still "new", so there is hope, just look at Demon's Souls!

Also, a billion dollar budget does sound about right, indeed.



Leynos said:

So juicy!



BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I still don't understand why Sony does that. I mean, the game has a very cool battle system, an amazing soundtrack, and even a large fanbase. Geez, this game is so good that it rivals Final Fantasy for me.

So, why ignore it? Just look at how good the Final Fantasy VII Remake performed. A Legend of Dragoon remake would be really nice too.

To me it really looks like Sony has some actual problems with the game.

Either they did have some kind of agreement with Square to keep out of JRPGs, some kind of licensing issues as the project was massive or even something about the game director that just completely disappeared from the known society after LoD was out, really, is he still even alive? Nobody knew a thing about it after that game.

But either way, the gaming press definitely didn't like it that much back then, and maybe Sony just don't think its ever worth investing that much to just break even and get mediocre scores... but the way Sony makes it best to keep pretending it doesn't even know what it is certainly stinks of something weird.

At this point we had:

Shuhei Yoshida, which was one of the games producers and the one people from Sony to ever talk about it at all (mostly when it was added on PSN, he personally posted it on the PS Blog, which was really rare for him, as it wae him that revealed there was once a LoD2 and even he doesn't know why it just faded into obscurity inside Sony) and being the head of world wide studios for years;

Mark Ceny, which is PS4 and PS5 lead architect and have a lot of status within Sony that even let him develop a new IP that publicly said LoD is his favorite games from the 90s;

And most recently Peter Dalton, a director from Bluepoint Games, now part of Sony, that stated he would love a LoD remake to be a project on their studios back when Demon's Souls Remake was still not confirmed to be actually it.

And Sony can't even make a tweet to congratulate the game on its anniverssary, or include it for free in the classic mini console (that was for the best tho, as it was a disaster), must less invest on it.

I've been following any trace from Sony about this game actively since 2008, and the three single times Sony even recognized it even existed was:

When it released on PSN really late, and Shu talked about it and the LoD2 project being a thing;

When in some conference I can't remember after an update on a montage about PS classic games on their site there was Dart and Rose in dragoon form added on it (the only time I ever saw that kind of thing, and if I remember well it was only after people questioned about it that they were updated with the most common google search images you'll get about them);

And when Dart was revealed to be scrapped as a dlc character on PSASBR and kept that way even after we campaigned about it being added once we knew it because of a leaked image of his model.

For some reason, way more than just money it seems, they REALLY make it look like they don't even know they own it at all, sadly.

Considering the studio for Days Gone didn't even wanted to do a sequel of the game even with good sales because the reception wasn't great imagine Sony doing LoD now that Japan Studio is just team Asobi, the original didn't had great sales nor good reception, is over 20 years in hiatus.... nothing really making they scratching for a sequel. They didn't even make a sequel for Syphon Filter, which also is more in line with the type of games they do now and was a franchise with many entries and good reception.

I don't really have hope for it.

BraLoD said:
Leynos said:

So juicy!

Buy your PS5 and personalize it now.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

What Rose does is a massive burden on her as well, but I'll not go in too much detail since it looks like you doesn't remember that very well and is currently set to get to see it again.

Albert is faster than Lavitz, not stat wise, sure, but his movements are definitely faster and a bit more refined, compared to Lavitz more brutish moves, you really need to adapt to both styles as its really different even if the additions themselves are the named the same.

Madness Hero is all about knowing the pause times between the slashes, don't bother trying to follow them by eye, most of them are paced between themselves in the exact same timing, you can even close your eyes to make it easily once you get it right, lol, but yeah, it was one I really struggled in my first playthrough until I realised that.

And yeah, the final and best addition for all chars (except the obvious Bow users) is only unlocked when you get level 5 in all their others ones, so you need at least 80 completitions on each to unlock them.

Completely worthy it, is the best for every single char.

Did you reach disc 3 already? I just love 2 disc so much, the reunion after the ghost ship incident is just so good.

I haven't continued the game yet, got distracted by watching anime lol. I expect to continue the game in the next few days. I'll send you a PM or something when I beat it!

Thank you for the tips with Madness Hero, I'll keep it in mind.

What's your favorite team? Mine is Dart, Lavitz/Albert, Shana. Hey and what do you think about the portrait? Don't you think it's a huge waste we can't give it to Lavitz's mom? I sure think so!



Spike0503 said:
BraLoD said:

What Rose does is a massive burden on her as well, but I'll not go in too much detail since it looks like you doesn't remember that very well and is currently set to get to see it again.

Albert is faster than Lavitz, not stat wise, sure, but his movements are definitely faster and a bit more refined, compared to Lavitz more brutish moves, you really need to adapt to both styles as its really different even if the additions themselves are the named the same.

Madness Hero is all about knowing the pause times between the slashes, don't bother trying to follow them by eye, most of them are paced between themselves in the exact same timing, you can even close your eyes to make it easily once you get it right, lol, but yeah, it was one I really struggled in my first playthrough until I realised that.

And yeah, the final and best addition for all chars (except the obvious Bow users) is only unlocked when you get level 5 in all their others ones, so you need at least 80 completitions on each to unlock them.

Completely worthy it, is the best for every single char.

Did you reach disc 3 already? I just love 2 disc so much, the reunion after the ghost ship incident is just so good.

I haven't continued the game yet, got distracted by watching anime lol. I expect to continue the game in the next few days. I'll send you a PM or something when I beat it!

Thank you for the tips with Madness Hero, I'll keep it in mind.

What's your favorite team? Mine is Dart, Lavitz/Albert, Shana. Hey and what do you think about the portrait? Don't you think it's a huge waste we can't give it to Lavitz's mom? I sure think so!

I usually use the simple Dart, Albert, Rose. It's good for basically everything even if a bit too weak against magic. Also great additions all around to keep me happy during random encounters the whole game, lol.

Hm, I mean, the portrait does end up in their house, but maybe I shouldn't get too much into it if you don't remember about that.

Fell free to contact me when you do, yeah.