By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XS Outsells PS5, Switch Comfortably in 1st - Global Hardware Mar 13-19

Seems like Series X has got a massive shipment recenrly though. It didn't last all that long but certainly longer than usual.

Stock shortages still looking to be the norm for quite a while overall.



Around the Network

Can't find a Series X in stock anywhere here in Australia; checked EB Games, JB Hifi, Amazon, Target, none have it available.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 March 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Can't find a Series X in stock anywhere here in Australia; checked EB Games, JB Hifi, Amazon, Target, none have it available.

It was available at our stores here for like a week or two at best lol.

This is unbelievably funny almost to me cuz to me those stocks aren't even displayed. Just sold through pre-orders. 

This will mean the general consumer may not have much knowledgeable or any real chances to get a taste of this next gen before a year or two. 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

What a weird generation this is. The one who produces the most consoles wins. It makes demand almost irrelevant in a way.



Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I bought my PS5 second hand almost a year ago for 600 dollars, I haven't regret it one bit. It was well worth the price, with that said I had the chance to get a series X several times for 450 dollars (its real price) and didn't want one as I have a PC



Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

What a weird generation this is. The one who produces the most consoles wins. It makes demand almost irrelevant in a way.

For the moment, yeah.


Demand for the ps5 will still be higher than the X/S though and some simply won't buy the other console. Individuals who have spent time on accounts earning trohpies, gaining friends and most importantly buying a tonne of digital software (usually in the hundreds of dollars, if not thousands) are more or less locked in. 

I suppose that doesn't stop them from having both though.



victor83fernandes said:

I bought my PS5 second hand almost a year ago for 600 dollars, I haven't regret it one bit. It was well worth the price, with that said I had the chance to get a series X several times for 450 dollars (its real price) and didn't want one as I have a PC

I've had a chance to overpay for a PS5 several times and didn't want one. 

I also have a PC.

;P