By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy State of Play - March 17

Tagged games:

Hopefully not... I don't want any polotics my games. Left, right, up or down.


gtfo.



Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Dulfite said:

I assume it was a misspelling of the word "too".

As in, some are unhappy JK Rowling has opinions that differ from a faction of the human population that is intolerant of personal opinions that conflict with theirs to the point that they cancel and harass them ceaselessly.

She is literally part of a hate movement.  She causes active harm to many people. It's not about opinions, it's about real world harm and she causes a lot of it with her TERF activism.

What active harm does she cause and how?



KLAMarine said:
Eagle367 said:

She is literally part of a hate movement.  She causes active harm to many people. It's not about opinions, it's about real world harm and she causes a lot of it with her TERF activism.

What active harm does she cause and how?

 https://www.glaad.org/gap/jk-rowling

GOP senators quote her while arguing against trans rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1231569&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECE8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kpAjPVnq0JCsv3wAHA0bl

She adovacates against human rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://variety.com/2022/film/news/jk-rowling-opposes-reform-bill-trans-people-gender-1235198750/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECFAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24nBv6oxckEEncjIchOcRP

She is a part of a hate movement and actively recruits other people to her cause. She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people. Trans people's lives are made worse by her advocacy.

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 25 March 2022

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

ironmanDX said:

Hopefully not... I don't want any polotics my games. Left, right, up or down.


gtfo.

Hate to break it to you, but gaming is political. Has been for a long while. Bioshock, Halo, CoD, GTA, Disco Elysium, Red Dead, Spiderman, The arkham games, elden ring, and a lot a lot of other games. I guess the most apolitical games are usually games like the ones Nintendo makes. There is still some politics but pretty barebones. Art is political. It's just how well you make it. Hell some people make it in a way where people don't even realize it's political until they sit down and think about it.



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Not supporting J.K. Rowling



Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
KLAMarine said:

What active harm does she cause and how?

 https://www.glaad.org/gap/jk-rowling

GOP senators quote her while arguing against trans rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1231569&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECE8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kpAjPVnq0JCsv3wAHA0bl

She adovacates against human rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://variety.com/2022/film/news/jk-rowling-opposes-reform-bill-trans-people-gender-1235198750/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECFAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24nBv6oxckEEncjIchOcRP

She is a part of a hate movement and actively recruits other people to her cause. She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people. Trans people's lives are made worse by her advocacy.

"She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people"

>Tell me more about this: what lies about science and biology has she put forth?



KLAMarine said:
Eagle367 said:

 https://www.glaad.org/gap/jk-rowling

GOP senators quote her while arguing against trans rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1231569&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECE8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kpAjPVnq0JCsv3wAHA0bl

She adovacates against human rights:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://variety.com/2022/film/news/jk-rowling-opposes-reform-bill-trans-people-gender-1235198750/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiMjMix0OD2AhUVlYkEHRVFDZUQFnoECFAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24nBv6oxckEEncjIchOcRP

She is a part of a hate movement and actively recruits other people to her cause. She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people. Trans people's lives are made worse by her advocacy.

"She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people"

>Tell me more about this: what lies about science and biology has she put forth?

The majority of scientists agree on the scientific basis of the existence of trans people and she rejects them. She also purposefully confuses sex and gender to obscure and strawman arguments. No transgender person or ally denies the biology of trans people. But she pretends like trans people are going around shouting at doctors and believe their sex organs suddenly change. Her line "sex is fact" or whatever is also meant as an obfuscation.

But it is interesting how you quickly move from point to point. You asked about harm she does and I pointed it out and you went to a different topic. 

I am now more interested in your views on trans people. Do you support the hateful message of JK  Rowling?



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

https://youtu.be/Eax4oQb5p04



As excited as I am for the game, there is no denying JK Rowlings is transphobic.



Eagle367 said:
KLAMarine said:

"She lies about science and biology to hate on trans people"

>Tell me more about this: what lies about science and biology has she put forth?

The majority of scientists agree on the scientific basis of the existence of trans people and she rejects them. She also purposefully confuses sex and gender to obscure and strawman arguments. No transgender person or ally denies the biology of trans people. But she pretends like trans people are going around shouting at doctors and believe their sex organs suddenly change. Her line "sex is fact" or whatever is also meant as an obfuscation.

But it is interesting how you quickly move from point to point. You asked about harm she does and I pointed it out and you went to a different topic. 

I am now more interested in your views on trans people. Do you support the hateful message of JK  Rowling?

"Do you support the hateful message of JK  Rowling?"

>Before I can answer this question, we both need to nail down exactly what her message is.

I read what JK Rowling had to say in her own words and didn't find anything terribly objectionable.

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k-rowling-writes-about-her-reasons-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/

What is your opinion on this from Rowling?