By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy - Feb 10th

Tagged games:

That was a super extensive breakdown of all the game has to offer - but for some reason still not 100% convinced! Need to see unedited gameplay footage - will reserve judgement until then.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Vodacixi said:

I assume it was a misspelling of the word "too".

As in, some are unhappy JK Rowling has opinions that differ from a faction of the human population that is intolerant of personal opinions that conflict with theirs to the point that they cancel and harass them ceaselessly.

At this point she seems rather detached from the games and movie IP's. They just had a big anny get-together style reunion of the actors from the films in jan (except for those that obviously passed on), and apparently JK was invited to it, but she "declined" and said using stock footage of her from 2019 was "good enough", but after hearing about the majority of actors from the films going against her twitter opinions, it's safe to say that she didn't turn up because she knew there was still tension in the air. 

Anything HP related that comes out doesn't bother me as much these days, but I know JK isn't exactly manning the helm of most projects.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Dulfite said:
Kneetos said:

Surprised it is coming to the switch in 2022
I had a feeling it would if say panic button got their hands on it but the port would take them to 2023

... I just imagined Casting magic with a joycon and chucled to myself

If I can play this game using a joycon like a wand, I may get that version over the visually superior version on PC. I didn't even think this was coming to the Switch. I haven't felt so excited for a motion control possibility since right before Wii Motion Plus came out!

Yeah, although the way the Switch version was stealth added to the website has me raising some eyebrows though.  

It's most likely a pipe dream but would love some PSV2 controller support in this, but that would probably only happen if Sony sells the controllers as stand alone which is very uncertain atm

twintail said:
Otter said:

Yeah, although the way the Switch version was stealth added to the website has me raising some eyebrows though.  

It's most likely a pipe dream but would love some PSV2 controller support in this, but that would probably only happen if Sony sells the controllers as stand alone which is very uncertain atm

I think they'll have to sell them separately: it makes no sense to not offer replacements of the controller while expecting consumers to rebuy the entire package.

But even if they didn't, I think the but question is whether the controllers can be used without the headset to begin with.

You'd hope that Sony would allow that, but at the same time there aren't enough buttons on the PSVR2 controllers to fully replicate the standard controller. In the other hand, Sony are supposedly pushing for hybrid games: playing on the TV or as a VR experience based on player preference.

Nevertheless, motion controls similar to what we assume the Switch will have, works of course be neat if possible with the PSVR2 controllers (with or without the headset).

Yeah but I guess the question is will these replacements be readily available at retail or will it be something you only get from Sony directly. That will impact developers interests. But since this is a marketing exclusive there's a chance they're more likely to invest in the PS SKU and have a VR/Motion tie in

It looks fantastic and has exceeded my expectations of the RPG aspect.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem Three Houses will stop being my go-to Hogwarts experience when this launches, I realized.

Yup, looks crazy good and already decently polished too despite being 6 or more months away from launch.

Will be playing this on Series X for sure.

Apparently the lead game designer is also a youtube creator from 2016. Like the anti-SJW, gamergate type. This game looks very troubling. The story might be right wing propaganda so be careful of that one.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Hopefully not... I don't want any polotics my games. Left, right, up or down.

gtfo.

Eagle367 said:
Dulfite said:

I assume it was a misspelling of the word "too".

As in, some are unhappy JK Rowling has opinions that differ from a faction of the human population that is intolerant of personal opinions that conflict with theirs to the point that they cancel and harass them ceaselessly.

She is literally part of a hate movement.  She causes active harm to many people. It's not about opinions, it's about real world harm and she causes a lot of it with her TERF activism.

What active harm does she cause and how?