By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy State of Play - March 17

Tagged games:

Is state of play a live stream or is it uploaded?

I want to see the game but if it's a stream in 1080, I'd much rather wait for the post stream upload in 4k.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

I want to see the game but if it's a stream in 1080, I'd much rather wait for the post stream upload in 4k.

It's a stream. Deep dives like this should be uploaded at 4K. 

I mean I liked the movies covering the OG series. Never followed the new books or anything that came afterward. Meanwhile, HP video game history has been dodgy at best with a good Lego series thankfully sooo I won't blame myself for not caring really. Just glad people who love the franchise can fantasize about a full fledge realization of their dream ^^

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

twintail said:
ironmanDX said:

Awesome. I noticed it said broadcast but that's a little unclear. Shows have been broadcast for years and game of thrones certainly wasn't live.

How quick does the 4k upload appear? 24 hours after? 

Dulfite said:

JKR can have whatever beliefs she wants. As a conservative, I didn't like the fact that she, post canon, changed the sexuality of Dumbledore to gay, but you know what, it was her right as an author to establish that and I got over it. Now leftists are enraged she won't go further left, just get over it and let her have her views.

The left eating the left, as usual, over purity tests.

Exactly how I feel about it. We somehow went full circle from the right wing religious attempt to get Harry Potter banned back in the late 90's to now the left wingers trying to cancel JK and take her own series from her to give it to other writers just because she is standing up for the rights of biological women to have safe locker/rest rooms and fair women's sports. It has been quite the thing for me to watch, many of the same right wingers who once wanted Harry Potter banned before they read it (who have since read it and realized it's pretty tame and doesn't promote real witchcraft like they once thought), now defending JK Rowling from the left wingers who once saw JK Rowling as an icon for being the one of the biggest authors to put LGBT characters into her universe, but have now turned on her and want her and her opinions completely removed from society. The culture wars sure are wild at times.

My personal story, I grew up in a conservative religious household, my parents saw a news report about the Christian protests against Harry Potter and wouldn't let me read Harry Potter after that, it wasn't until the early-mid 2000's when I finally managed to watch the first few movies on my family's satellite dish that I had any exposure to Harry Potter at all, and I instantly fell in love with it. Later, my dad, who works for a printing company, printed several of the HP books and was given free copies as a reward for making quota on the print run, and I read them at the time. Since then my parents have watched all of the movies and like them, and they now stand with JK Rowling in her fight for women's rights, as do I. The culture wars are moving at warp speed these days, the discourse around JK and Harry Potter has gone full circle like I said. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 March 2022

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Dulfite said:

JKR can have whatever beliefs she wants. As a conservative, I didn't like the fact that she, post canon, changed the sexuality of Dumbledore to gay, but you know what, it was her right as an author to establish that and I got over it. Now leftists are enraged she won't go further left, just get over it and let her have her views.

The left eating the left, as usual, over purity tests.

It has nothing to do with going further left. It's about her being vocal and dismissing a certain group of people from being allowed to exist.

Not true. She said trans women are not actual women and that they don't share the same struggles as actual women do. That's not saying they shouldn't exist, it's establishing a distinction that is debatable, even if some people don't want to talk about it.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of this game. It's literally my dream come true if they do it well ^^

ironmanDX said:
twintail said:

Awesome. I noticed it said broadcast but that's a little unclear. Shows have been broadcast for years and game of thrones certainly wasn't live.

How quick does the 4k upload appear? 24 hours after? 

I'm pretty sure it's sooner than that because it's not really a live stream. It's pre-recorded like a Nintendo Direct. 

This thread should be about the state of play and not an authors personal views. Let’s keep it on topic. There has already been a thread out there already exhausting the topic of JK herself.

axumblade said:

This thread should be about the state of play and not an authors personal views. Let’s keep it on topic. There has already been a thread out there already exhausting the topic of JK herself.

It was prompted by the op (before it was edited out). So yeah, this thread brought that topic up itself. I agree though, it shouldn't have and should just be about the game.

Dulfite said:
axumblade said:

It was prompted by the op (before it was edited out). So yeah, this thread brought that topic up itself. I agree though, it shouldn't have and should just be about the game.

Yeah…which is why it was edited out since it was taking more prominence than the actual topic. 😉