By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - 9 March (PS4/ PS5 updates)

As for my verdict on the show, I'd say this is one of Sony's better showings for a State of Play. I think they are getting used to this kind of a format now so they aren't dwelling on 1 titles unless previously specified.

Exoprimal built up my hype and then shattered it into a million pieces with that gameplay that I really don't care about. I'm already getting Ghostwire: Tokyo. Forspoken is starting to look a lot better, really glad they chose to push it back. TNMNT:TCC is definitely my highlight because I loved all of the games as a kid. Gigabash looks fun but I'll likely forget it exists before it comes out. Trek to Yomi is gorgeous (though admittedly, I can't really upvote the score because we've seen this game at a lot of shows so far but it's nice to see the story). And as for the two Square Enix games, I'll wait until I see more to give them much of a boost. I'll give the conference 7-8/10. 

It's mostly because almost nothing really new wowed me but I am really excited about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collection. The games I was already excited about (Ghostwire: Tokyo, Forspoken, Yomi).

Last edited by axumblade - on 09 March 2022

Around the Network

For it me was average at best. Most of the showing was ganes we already new and a free update. Not a fan of online games multiplayer games. Wasted opportunity especially with capcom dino game.

Was nice seeing jojo adventures but that looked like it hasnt progress since ps3 era.

The highlight for me was the last 2 new ip from square enix especially the tactics game. Was hoping more Sony since they have alot of ps1 ips and ps2 ips that they couldd have brought back for remakes

Exoprimal signs the definitive death of Anthem ... if that was ever a thing still.

Now will it be a good game ? Can't say really, the concept in itself seems like zany good fun but the game in itself looks likely targeted to the GAAS crowd.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

dane007 said:

For it me was average at best. Most of the showing was ganes we already new and a free update. Not a fan of online games multiplayer games. Wasted opportunity especially with capcom dino game.

Was nice seeing jojo adventures but that looked like it hasnt progress since ps3 era.

The highlight for me was the last 2 new ip from square enix especially the tactics game. Was hoping more Sony since they have alot of ps1 ips and ps2 ips that they couldd have brought back for remakes

I think if the BC push in Spartacus is strong, then there is no need for Sony to remake their older games (unless of license issues).

Just leave them on that service and get to work on newer entries/ IPs. 

Missed the show but saw the trailers.. it was just okay. Quite a few new games and IP's which was cool and one from Capcom. Not interested really in playing most of them though. Maybe Returnal DLC and Strangers of Paradise FF Origins.

Actually, Strangers of Paradise is the one that interests me the most :P Also, where's my Bloodborne Remaster at?

Last edited by hinch - on 10 March 2022

Around the Network

Came with low expectations and was pleasently surprised! I'm interested in the last couple of games; nice way to close the show.

Loved this presentation, a lot of games, announcements, updates, great pacing but yes we could have more time for each,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."