By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - 9 March (PS4/ PS5 updates)

I've never seen a State of Play, but I'd like to. Is it the same as a Nintento Direct? Same format and pace? Or is it slower and with less ads per minute?



Around the Network

Honestly Sony went from having the most amazing E3 shows to this state of play garbage, that somehow manages to make absolutely everything seem bland and boring. No expectations what so ever and somehow I am still going to be dissapointed.

Edit: Two weeks later Sony will announce the PS6 via blogpost. Geniuses.



Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

So no show for PSVR2. Hoping they save it for a couple more months in time for end of year launch! Can't wait anymore than that



Greenfox said:

I've never seen a State of Play, but I'd like to. Is it the same as a Nintento Direct? Same format and pace? Or is it slower and with less ads per minute?

State of plays are a little bit slower paced then a nintendo direct

In a 20 minute ND you get around 10 games rapid fired with 2 to 3 minute trailers and a bit of gameplay before moving on

With a SoP Sony show fewer games but go into greater detail about those games (sometimes criticised for spending too long on a single game)



Greenfox said:

I've never seen a State of Play, but I'd like to. Is it the same as a Nintento Direct? Same format and pace? Or is it slower and with less ads per minute?

It's a similar format. They're divided into 2 types: a variety of games are shown OR a deep dive focus on a single game. They've had a hybrid approach before with Ratchet & Clank and Deathloop deep dives also including other games. But that's rare.

Shinobi-san said:

Honestly Sony went from having the most amazing E3 shows to this state of play garbage, that somehow manages to make absolutely everything seem bland and boring. No expectations what so ever and somehow I am still going to be dissapointed.

Edit: Two weeks later Sony will announce the PS6 via blogpost. Geniuses.

Considering how well their hardware and software is selling, and how strong the PS brands continues to be, perhaps you aren't wrong calling them geniuses, even if sarcastically: they're clearly doing something right.

Personally, I'm ok with SoP's sprinkled throughout the year: keep the info more consistent rather than waiting for 1 day.

Kneetos said:

State of plays are a little bit slower paced then a nintendo direct

In a 20 minute ND you get around 10 games rapid fired with 2 to 3 minute trailers and a bit of gameplay before moving on

With a SoP Sony show fewer games but go into greater detail about those games (sometimes criticised for spending too long on a single game)

I'm sorry, but I think you're mistaken here: 10 games in a 20 minute time slot is actually the norm for an SoP, at least from what I've surmised rechecking older broadcasts.



Around the Network

Problem is people believe in the rumors and leaks and them don`t like when those don`t come true.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shinobi-san said:

Honestly Sony went from having the most amazing E3 shows to this state of play garbage, that somehow manages to make absolutely everything seem bland and boring. No expectations what so ever and somehow I am still going to be dissapointed.

Edit: Two weeks later Sony will announce the PS6 via blogpost. Geniuses.

These State of Plays aren't meant to be the high profile shows with the exception of dedicated showings. A better comparison for E3 would be the PlayStation Showcase. 



ExoPrimal is all of the things I like with all of the gameplay I am not a fan of…



Capcom just announced Warframe Earth Defense Force with Dinosaurs.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

axumblade said:

ExoPrimal is all of the things I like with all of the gameplay I am not a fan of…

I immediately got Anthem vibes from the gameplay lol