By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
snyps said:

Happiness is progress. Best wishes all of y’all

Hugs

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
snyps said:

Happiness is progress. Best wishes all of y’all

Hugs

Relevant:

Definitely can be rough to deal with one's own stressful life happenings on top of all the bs and darkness in today's society. Trying to frequently remind myself to sort of channel my passion and worries about the world into my own sphere and areas of my life I can actually control. But you spend the amount of time on the internet I do, and you really get a front row seat of the general ugliness of humanity, can overwhelm me at times. Can make you a tad nihilistic. 

It pays to just unplug for some time, even if that means just sitting outside with some tea or taking a walk to enjoy nature, kinda get closer to the land and readjust to what's real. As cheesy as it sounds it does usually work for me. Sometimes it's just a matter of visiting an old friend and shooting the breeze for a bit, reading a book or getting immersed in a new film, just to distract yourself from looking at your phone or plugging back into the crazy information overload of the internet.

I tend to have an addictive personality so I can sort of tumble down the rabbit hole of a message forum or comment secetion of a topic that piques my interest for hours on end. Really hard for me to break from these distractions.

TV Shows Currently Watching:

You can follow me as I rant about sports and Overwatch, as well as post random metal videos, @StephenML8 on Twitter.

DarthMetalliCube said:

Definitely can be rough to deal with one's own stressful life happenings on top of all the bs and darkness in today's society. Trying to frequently remind myself to sort of channel my passion and worries about the world into my own sphere and areas of my life I can actually control. But you spend the amount of time on the internet I do, and you really get a front row seat of the general ugliness of humanity, can overwhelm me at times. Can make you a tad nihilistic. 

It pays to just unplug for some time, even if that means just sitting outside with some tea or taking a walk to enjoy nature, kinda get closer to the land and readjust to what's real. As cheesy as it sounds it does usually work for me. Sometimes it's just a matter of visiting an old friend and shooting the breeze for a bit, reading a book or getting immersed in a new film, just to distract yourself from looking at your phone or plugging back into the crazy information overload of the internet.

I tend to have an addictive personality so I can sort of tumble down the rabbit hole of a message forum or comment secetion of a topic that piques my interest for hours on end. Really hard for me to break from these distractions.

I find that sort of thing helps too. Maybe sharing good news will help us all.

Around the Network

Yesterday would have been my dads birthday. I’ve been a little off most of the week thinking about him.
I started therapy a few weeks back. It’s nice to have someone to talk to that helps me work through my issues. It didn’t really help me through the rest of the week this time but I imagine I’ve got a lot to unpack.

axumblade said:

Yesterday would have been my dads birthday. I’ve been a little off most of the week thinking about him.
I started therapy a few weeks back. It’s nice to have someone to talk to that helps me work through my issues. It didn’t really help me through the rest of the week this time but I imagine I’ve got a lot to unpack.

I've had a lot to unpack myself, and some days a little more. Especially when it's hard these days to ignore what's wrong with the world. Maybe it'll feel better if we look here.

Fuck it, I'm double posting. Here's a happy little bird who wants to sing you his happy little song.

Oh no , my heart I'm having an attack :( , I can't I um :(, I think I should rest and think for a moment, I'm overwelmed .

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SegaHeart said:

Oh no , my heart I'm having an attack :( , I can't I um :(, I think I should rest and think for a moment, I'm overwelmed .

It sounds like you are experiencing a panic/anxiety attack. Have you tried breathing exercises? If it is more than that, you should go to a doctor