By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 104M - Global Hardware Feb 6-12

ironmanDX said:

Wow... The amount of effort required to downplay a competitive console and their company...

I'm impressed and disturbed.

Same here, the energy and investment of spending so many years and multiple accounts/personas just attacking a console brand you don't like, it seems like such an unfulfilling endeavor. 

There was a time when we'd get a new alt of his every few months but I don't think he's popped up for a couple of years now. Maybe he's finally quit, at least as far as VGChartz is concerned. Wouldn't be surprised if he still plies his trade on other forums.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 February 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ironmanDX said:

Wow... The amount of effort required to downplay a competitive console and their company...

I'm impressed and disturbed.

Same here, the energy and investment of spending so many years and multiple accounts/personas just attacking a console brand you don't like, it seems like such an unfulfilling endeavor. 

There was a time when we'd get a new alt of his every few months but I don't think he's popped up for a couple of years now. Maybe he's finally quit, at least as far as VGChartz is concerned. Wouldn't be surprised if he still plies his trade on other forums.

He did show up I think last year with an obvious alt called quickricksdad and just trolled everyone for a day or two before getting banned.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

He did show up I think last year with an obvious alt called quickricksdad and just trolled everyone for a day or two before getting banned.

What if it really was his dad and like father, like son?

KLAMarine said:
Kakadu18 said:

What if it really was his dad and like father, like son?

Then an innocent man has been sentenced. We must demand JUSTICE!

I think throwing the mod who banned them off a metaphorical cliff would be appropriate. 

curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

Name sounds familiar, remind me who that was please.

Infamous VGChartz user banned years ago who constantly downplayed any positive news about the Switch and predicted that despite its strong performance in 2017 the Switch would "fall off a cliff" in 2018. 

An interesting career this guy had. He claimed to loath Nintendo products, yet couldn’t stop discussing them. I wonder what became of that Last Samurai Keyboard Warrior???

And so the days of the troll had ended. Forums, like men, it is sometimes said have their own destiny. No one knows what became of the troll. Some say he turned to stone. Others, that he moved back into his mother’s basement. But I like to think that, with the ban, he may have at least found some small measure of peace, and finally got a life.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 01 March 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

He didn’t go down without of a fight (of adding alt accounts), a real Gladiator!

How he trolled in life, echoes in eternity.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 February 2022

curl-6 said:

I often wonder what quickrick would say if he were still around today.

"I said it would remain flat YoY" (which never happened so far)

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

I often wonder what quickrick would say if he were still around today.

In the year of our Board 1314, a large number of troll accounts, starving and outnumbered, charged the Cliffs of Bannockburn, they posted like keyboard warrior poets, they posted like Quickrick, and got bannockbanned.

Jumpin said:
SKMBlake said:

In the year of our Board 1314, a large number of troll accounts, starving and outnumbered, charged the Cliffs of Bannockburn, they posted like keyboard warrior poets, they posted like Quickrick, and got bannockbanned.

True poetry.

You know, there are times I almost (key word) miss him.
Yeah, his contributions were always thinly veiled trolling and he had a net negative effect on the community, but the sales threads were a lot livelier with him there throwing out his constantly incorrect forecasts, insisting on them vehemently, then being proved wrong again and again.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 March 2022

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.