By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5/XBSX/NS '22 vs. PS4/XBO '15 & DS '10: Week 48 - 12/03/2022 - Post-Black Friday Cooldown

Week 40 Breakdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down in EU and JP; Up Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US; Down in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down Overall

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down in EU and JP; Up Overall.

vs. '15 XBO - Up in All Regions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Down in All Regions (This year last year was the launch of the Switch OLED.)

vs. '10 DS - Up in the JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

Around the Network

Week 41 Breakdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in All Regions.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down in EU and JP; Up Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down in JP; Up Overall.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Down in All Regions.

vs. '10 DS - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down in EU and JP; Up Overall.

Week 42 Breakdown:

PlayStation 5:

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and JP; Down in EU and the ROTW; Up Overall.

Xbox Series:

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Down in All Regions.

vs. '10 DS - Up in the US, JP, and the ROTW; Down in EU; Up Overall.

Week 45 Breakdown:

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, EU, and JP; Down in the ROTW; Up Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and JP; Down in EU and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down in JP; Up Overall.

vs. '15 XBO - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Up in JP; Down in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

vs. '10 DS - Up in the JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Up Overall.

Week 45 Breakdown:

PlayStation 5:

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in JP; Down in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. '15 XBO - Up in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down in the US; Down Overall.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

vs. '10 DS - Up in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down in the US; Up Overall.

Around the Network

Week 48 Breakdown:

PlayStation 5:

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down EU and JP; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. '15 XBO - Up in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down in the US; Down Overall.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Up in the ROTW; Down in the US, EU, and JP; Down Overall.

vs. '10 DS - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

Hey Everyone,

Been a while hasn't it!

I know it's been a long time since the last update of this thread and this explanation is long overdue. So allow me to not delay any longer and let you know what's up with this thread.

Short and to the point:

I'm done.

I'm tapping out. It has become too much of a burden and hassle for me to constantly change and update the tables and thread to make sure each and every comparison is as accurate as possible. I just don't get the same joy and fulfillment out of it that I used to. I am officially burnt out.

As I type this, I am currently working on the adjustments for the last few statistics and figures for the from the end of 2022 ALL THE WAY BACK to the beginning of 2021.

Once those adjustments have been posted and finalized. That's it. This will be the last of me posting or creating these comparison threads.

There will be know 2023 comparison of sorts, from me at least. If you would like to continue following comparison threads like this one, I strongly recommend checking out the threads and comparisons @yo33331 has put together. He has done a masterful job and I believe we'll get a lot of enjoyment out of those!

So yeah, this is it. This is the end. For now at least. Who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line, the spark will come back and I'll start up a brand new thread again. But as of now, once I post final stats and adjustments, I'm done.

So to everyone who has followed me on these journeys through the years. From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!

From @Bofferbrauer2 to @ironmanDX to @yo33331 as previously mentioned to @psychicscubadiver and everyone in between.

It's been a hell of a ride. I appreciate you all! Long live gaming!

Let's Take the World!

- PAOerful One

PAOerfulone said:

Hey Everyone,

Been a while hasn't it!

I know it's been a long time since the last update of this thread and this explanation is long overdue. So allow me to not delay any longer and let you know what's up with this thread.

Short and to the point:

I'm done.

I'm tapping out. It has become too much of a burden and hassle for me to constantly change and update the tables and thread to make sure each and every comparison is as accurate as possible. I just don't get the same joy and fulfillment out of it that I used to. I am officially burnt out.

As I type this, I am currently working on the adjustments for the last few statistics and figures for the from the end of 2022 ALL THE WAY BACK to the beginning of 2021.

Once those adjustments have been posted and finalized. That's it. This will be the last of me posting or creating these comparison threads.

There will be know 2023 comparison of sorts, from me at least. If you would like to continue following comparison threads like this one, I strongly recommend checking out the threads and comparisons @yo33331 has put together. He has done a masterful job and I believe we'll get a lot of enjoyment out of those!

So yeah, this is it. This is the end. For now at least. Who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line, the spark will come back and I'll start up a brand new thread again. But as of now, once I post final stats and adjustments, I'm done.

So to everyone who has followed me on these journeys through the years. From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!

From @Bofferbrauer2 to @ironmanDX to @yo33331 as previously mentioned to @psychicscubadiver and everyone in between.

Let's Take the World!

- PAOerful One

Farewell, this was a fantastic thread to follow and thank you for all the hard work you put into it.

Was a really nice thread to follow, good job ! A lot of hard work though so really understandable

PAOerfulone said:

Hey Everyone,

Been a while hasn't it!

Short and to the point:

I'm done.

Let's Take the World!

- PAOerful One

Farewell and take a long rest, you more than earned it!