By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5/XBSX/NS '22 vs. PS4/XBO '15 & DS '10: Week 48 - 12/03/2022 - Post-Black Friday Cooldown

Week 12 Breakdown

--------------------------------------------------

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the ROTW; Down in the US, EU, and JP; Down Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Down in All Regions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down in JP; Up Overall.

vs. '15 XBO - Up in All Regions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Switch:

vs. 2021 - Down in All Regions

vs. '10 DS - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Up Overall.

Around the Network

Like clockwork.

Appreciate the thread.

I love these threads you do. They are always full of interesting comparisons. Somehow I've missed seeing this year's version until now though.

Anyway, I find all of the comparisons interesting. PS5 is down in both of its comparisons while X|S is up in both of its. Looks like XBox is eating into Playstation's marketshare already, and they haven't even released a Bethesda or Activision exclusive game yet. Switch is up vs. the DS and I expect it to be that way all year, unless chip shortages get worse. Switch is down YoY, and that gap will widen for the next few months. However, I kind of expect this year to close back most of the gap by the end. During the second half of 2021, Switch sales decreased when OLED was announced and there were shortages at the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if 2022 ended somewhat close to 2021 for Switch.

Week 13 Breakdown

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the JP; Down in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and JP; Down in EU and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in All Regions.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. '10 DS - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

Switch vs DS is shaping up to be a close race

Around the Network

Week 14 Breakdown

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the IS; Down in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US; Down in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

Nintendo Switch:

vs. '10 DS - Up in JP and the ROTW; Down in the US and EU; Down Overall.

PaoerfulOne keeping continuing the grind.

Sorry for the VERY late update - Work and personal life have been kicking my ass lately and I wasn't able to find the proper time to rest and get to this thread until this past weekend. So without further delay, here's the Week 16 Breakdown!

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US and the ROTW; Down in EU and JP; Up Overall.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US; Down in EU, JP, and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

Nintendo Switch:

vs. '10 DS - Up in the US, JP, and the ROTW; Down in EU; Up Overall.

Week 18 Breakdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation 5:

vs. 2021 - Down in All Regions.

vs. '15 PS4 - Up in the US and JP; Down in EU and the ROTW; Down Overall.

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, JP, and the ROTW; Down in EU; Up Overall.

Nintendo Switch:

vs. '10 DS - Up in the US, JP, and the ROTW; Down in EU; Up Overall.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 19 May 2022

PAOerfulone said:

Week 18 Breakdown:

Xbox Series:

vs. 2021 - Up in the US, EU, and the ROTW; Down in JP; Up Overall.

Looks like you mixed up JP and EU for what was up and down this week

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish