By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo To Buy Nobody for $0

 

What are you FEEEELING?

I KNEW IT!!!!! 15 30.61%
 
I am more shocked than Luke! 3 6.12%
 
I AM A SHAREHOLDER, CASHING OUT BABY! 5 10.20%
 
We needed this to restor sanity to the forum. 2 4.08%
 
We deserved this thread. 8 16.33%
 
BAN DULFITE! 16 32.65%
 
Total:49
Dulfite said:
Kslost said:

IMO Hal Labs would be the kind of purchase Nintendo makes.  Kind of like Next Level, closely tied to Nintendo over the years, makes great games for their systems, and had “Nintendo DNA”

HAL is safe bet I think. Platinum makes hits and misses so they are risky. Bayonetta and Astral Chains were really high quality series, whereas Starfox Zero and Wonderful 101 were duds imo. Too risky for Nintendo, as much as I'd love for them to utilize Platinum on other ips they already own.

Right , Platinum working with Nintendo Own IPs like Starfox Zero wasn't as good as the older games , They do better on their own projects except Wonderful 101 , Maybe work on another different IP like Kid Icarus or Ice climbers they would probably do better? I'm just guessing ^^



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Nintendo already has Everything.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/everything-switch/



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

They overpaid.



This is only funny because Nintendo are at the top of their game. People forget Nintendo had and lost (or came close to losing) the biggest 1st party RPG, platformer, racer, fighter, shooter, sports games but reclaimed the crown eventually. Did anybody ever think Splatoon would go on to beat Halo?



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

SegaHeart said:
Dulfite said:

HAL is safe bet I think. Platinum makes hits and misses so they are risky. Bayonetta and Astral Chains were really high quality series, whereas Starfox Zero and Wonderful 101 were duds imo. Too risky for Nintendo, as much as I'd love for them to utilize Platinum on other ips they already own.

Right , Platinum working with Nintendo Own IPs like Starfox Zero wasn't as good as the older games , They do better on their own projects except Wonderful 101 , Maybe work on another different IP like Kid Icarus or Ice climbers they would probably do better? I'm just guessing ^^

I think SF: Zero's main problem wasn't necessarily Platinum's fault. From my understanding they wanted to be more ambitious, but Miyamoto really reigned them in to focus on what he thought SF should feel like in the modern era. If they had more creative control that game would have been way better, in my opinion. But still, it is a stain on their record, as is the canceled Microsoft dragon game and W101.

Their best formula, the one they are known for the most, is action games with amazing foreground/background sequences going on while fighting. They are stunning in that department, and I think there are definitely family-friendly IPs Nintendo owns that Platinum could make stunning games using that formula. Kid Icarus in a Bayonetta-style game would be flipping awesome! Metroid Other M would have been far better with Platinum doing it too, since that was also a 2.5d kind of game. I could even see them doing a crazy action-packed Donkey Kong game, or some other ips Nintendo hasn't touched in a while.

Obviously, they'd still be free to do their own ip games they have now, or even make new ones, but Nintendo's catalog is crazy and they'd make better selling games with their ip. The Dynasty games have never sold better than when using Nintendo ips. The Total War series REALLY took off when they made games based on Warhammer. Using popularly established ip as a base for a game style they are really good at making would bring Platinum a lot more success than they've had (and they've had quite a bit of success).



Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

This is only funny because Nintendo are at the top of their game. People forget Nintendo had and lost (or came close to losing) the biggest 1st party RPG, platformer, racer, fighter, shooter, sports games but reclaimed the crown eventually. Did anybody ever think Splatoon would go on to beat Halo?

If you can't get the best third party games, then just make a first party game that appeals to a similar crowd and crush those puny third party studios! Nintendo likes to really experiement and make 2-3 new ips each generation. Most of them have moderate to decent success (1-2 Switch, Arms, Pikmin), but every now and then they strike gold (Splatoon) and it can really expand their appeal and base sales into new areas.



Nintendo doesn't need to and most likely never will buy studios like HAL and Intelligent Systems. HAL is already situated within Nintendo's HQ and might as well be Nintendo. Intelligent systems is Nintendo's longest partner of 40 years. And I don't see why Good Feel, Camelot and Grezzo would abandon Nintendo.



Dulfite said:
SegaHeart said:

Right , Platinum working with Nintendo Own IPs like Starfox Zero wasn't as good as the older games , They do better on their own projects except Wonderful 101 , Maybe work on another different IP like Kid Icarus or Ice climbers they would probably do better? I'm just guessing ^^

I think SF: Zero's main problem wasn't necessarily Platinum's fault. From my understanding they wanted to be more ambitious, but Miyamoto really reigned them in to focus on what he thought SF should feel like in the modern era. If they had more creative control that game would have been way better, in my opinion. But still, it is a stain on their record, as is the canceled Microsoft dragon game and W101.

That's because most of the work for Zero was already done internally at Nintendo. Nintendo developed the main build of the game, then brought in Platinum to make it look pretty.



Kakadu18 said:

Nintendo doesn't need to and most likely never will buy studios like HAL and Intelligent Systems. HAL is already situated within Nintendo's HQ and might as well be Nintendo. Intelligent systems is Nintendo's longest partner of 40 years. And I don't see why Good Feel, Camelot and Grezzo would abandon Nintendo.

Intelligent Systems is owned by Nintendo.



Dulfite said:
Kslost said:

IMO Hal Labs would be the kind of purchase Nintendo makes.  Kind of like Next Level, closely tied to Nintendo over the years, makes great games for their systems, and had “Nintendo DNA”

HAL is safe bet I think. Platinum makes hits and misses so they are risky. Bayonetta and Astral Chains were really high quality series, whereas Starfox Zero and Wonderful 101 were duds imo. Too risky for Nintendo, as much as I'd love for them to utilize Platinum on other ips they already own.

As much as it hurts to say, but I think Miyamotos involvement is to blame for Star Fox Zero being subpar. Nintendo since put him on the sidelines.

Wonderful 101 was a good game, it might have fell in a weird position on WiiU and overall wasn't finding much reception. But it was a cool concept and shows the creativity in Platinum.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]