By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ultimate Console Showdown: 2022 - June 18th / 9th gen vs 7th gen /

 

With it's current pace what are your predictions for PS4 this year

500k - 600k 1 20.00%
 
600k - 700k 3 60.00%
 
700k - 800k 0 0%
 
800k + 0 0%
 
Total:4

All comparisons have been adjusted.

PS5 comparison has been changed to vs PS3'08.

New poll added!

Last edited by yo33331 - on 29 April 2022

Around the Network

Updated numbers with WEEK 16!



Updated numbers with WEEK 17!
All comparisons have been adjusted to the current VGChartz database!



yo33331 said:

Updated numbers with WEEK 17!
All comparisons have been adjusted to the current VGChartz database!

Nice work. I made a lot of adjustments with all the data released this week.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Nice work. I made a lot of adjustments with all the data released this week.

You are making adjustments every week . I am looking to catch up to speed. But every week is overkill. I am trying to update them at least once in 2 weeks since most of the times I have to re-do all of the tables from beginning.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 13 May 2022

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
trunkswd said:

Nice work. I made a lot of adjustments with all the data released this week.

You are making adjustments every week . I am looking to catch up to speed. But every week is overkill. I am trying to update them at least once in 2 weeks since most of the times I have to re-do all of the tables from beginning.

I do like to make adjustments as more data comes in for each region as each time I do it make our estimates more accurate.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Updated numbers with WEEK 18!
PS4 and PS5 numbers adjusted!



Actually, looking at the NDS numbers, I'm a bit baffled by how fast Nintendo went with the change of the NDS to the 3DS the following. It was still posting insane numbers at that time



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Actually, looking at the NDS numbers, I'm a bit baffled by how fast Nintendo went with the change of the NDS to the 3DS the following. It was still posting insane numbers at that time

without the announcement of 3DS in 2010 (and maybe releasing it a little bit later), I am sure the DS could end with 2-3M more that year and entering stronger in 2011.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 18 May 2022

They should have released the 3DS in holiday 2011, not in February. That way they could've launched it with Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 and it would've started out stronger. Instead they originally planned to launch it in holiday 2010.