By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ultimate Console Showdown: 2022 - June 18th / 9th gen vs 7th gen /

 

With it's current pace what are your predictions for PS4 this year

500k - 600k 1 20.00%
 
600k - 700k 3 60.00%
 
700k - 800k 0 0%
 
800k + 0 0%
 
Total:4

What I wanna know is why people expect the switch to do better than the DS or close to Ds numbers? Please explain.



 

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

What I wanna know is why people expect the switch to do better than the DS or close to Ds numbers? Please explain.

Cuz the Switch will most likely target a 20M year which is about what the DS did that year he's taking the comparison from



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Xbox will win and the Switch will wipe the floor with the PS5.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Will be interesting to follow this thread as the weeks go by.



Signature goes here!

Honestly, I think PS5 2022 is going to be more competitive with Switch 2018 than 2019. Though Sony often shows better consistency throughout the year, sales for Nintendo always blow up at the end of the year. My guess is that by November PS5 will lead by one to two millions, but by the end of the year they will be about 3M behind, similar to what happened in 2018.



Around the Network
yo33331 said:

No point in the Xbox One vs Xbox 360 or Wii U, production ended for the One in 2020, the rest look interesting though.



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

No point in the Xbox One vs Xbox 360 or Wii U, production ended for the One in 2020, the rest look interesting though.

The point is to see how xbox one is going in comparison to 120K whether will hit it or not.

The production ended but units are still on the shelves.

3DS production also ended in 2020 but the system was still selling units through all of 2021.



Doctor_MG said:

Honestly, I think PS5 2022 is going to be more competitive with Switch 2018 than 2019. Though Sony often shows better consistency throughout the year, sales for Nintendo always blow up at the end of the year. My guess is that by November PS5 will lead by one to two millions, but by the end of the year they will be about 3M behind, similar to what happened in 2018.

I agree. Last year the comparison had to be vs 2017 switch, and this year vs it's 2018. However who would think that the problem with shortages will be so big that holiday season for the system would be what 2 normal months with normal stock would have been ... Because of that last year PS5 instead of doing 15 or 16M (close to 2018 switch) it did just 13M (what switch did in 2017). This year I could again do 2018 comparison but it would be repeat comparison of the last year and it may annoyed some people. Anyway there is a chance for PS5 to make close numbers to 19M, since the stock issue have to be resolved by large extend by the end of the year.



yo33331 said:
DroidKnight said:

No point in the Xbox One vs Xbox 360 or Wii U, production ended for the One in 2020, the rest look interesting though.

The point is to see how xbox one is going in comparison to 120K whether will hit it or not.

The production ended but units are still on the shelves.

3DS production also ended in 2020 but the system was still selling units through all of 2021.

The Xbox 360 ended production during the 2016 year on April 20, 2016.  So it was still in production for almost a full 5 months and then there would have been plenty on the shelves to close out the year.

The 3DS ended production towards the end of 2020 on September 16, 2020, is why it was able to sale remaining stock through 2021.  

Again the Xbox One ended production in 2020, 2021 the following year to sale existing stock already passed.  It is now 2022 starting the 2nd year after ending production.  There is no chance that 120,000 units are still sitting on shelves, therefore no way to reach it. Why not compare it with Xbox 360 year 2017 to at least put it into a similar time frame?

Additionally regarding the poll, the Wii U ended production in 2017 on January 31st 2017, so to keep it on the level it should be compared with 2018 Wii U sales.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 25 January 2022

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

The Xbox 360 ended production during the 2016 year on April 20, 2016.  So it was still in production for almost a full 5 months and then there would have been plenty on the shelves to close out the year.

The 3DS ended production towards the end of 2020 on September 16, 2020, is why it was able to sale remaining stock through 2021.  

Again the Xbox One ended production in 2020, 2021 the following year to sale existing stock already passed.  It is now 2022 starting the 2nd year after ending production.  There is no chance that 120,000 units are still sitting on shelves, therefore no way to reach it. Why not compare it with Xbox 360 year 2017 to at least put it into a similar time frame?

Additionally regarding the poll, the Wii U ended production in 2017 on January 31st 2017, so to keep it on the level it should be compared with 2018 Wii U sales.

Different consoles has different sales trends.

More successful consoles can stay on shelves longer when discontinued than other not so successful.

Wii U didn't sold anything in 2018. 360 was selling units until 2017 as well as 3DS till end of 2021 (even now I am sure somewhere in the world there are still some units left). XB1 is not so successful as 3DS or 360 but it's more successful than Wii U. Also with sales of 2-3k per week the XB1 will reach 120K before all units are sold. Every system when it is discontinued the last months when it is tracked is selling around 500 units per week ( as was 3DS ). XB1 is still ahead of those 500 units per week so there is still time left. We will see how XB1 continues next weeks but I can make change if it is going really with 360's 17 performance. I added a poll to see what people wants, but since XB1 was doing 10k and more last year weekly and it was mostly consistent I think XB1 can reach 125K this year. I will wait till next 2 weeks to see if this sales perfomance continue and will change it to either 360 or Wii U'17.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 25 January 2022