By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | Tobii eye-tracking tech

https://www.androidcentral.com/gaming/virtual-reality/gdc-2022-provided-a-glimpse-into-the-future-of-ps-vr2-games

GPU frame time improvements are up to 2.5x faster with foveated rendering and up to 3.6X faster with both rendering and eye tracking

Running the popular VR Alchemy Lab demo with demanding graphics like dynamic lighting and shadows, rendering and tracking dropped frame time from 33.2ms to 14.3ms, a 2.3X improvement.

And running a 4K spaceship demo, CPU thread performance and GPU frame time were 32% and 14% faster, respectively.



Around the Network

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/05/21/psvr-2-event-very-soon-rumor/

So, a rumor about an PlayStation VR 2 focused event coming "very soon". According to the source above, it may happen as early as a State of Play in June.

June will be a busy month for some companies, so it makes sense if Sony is trying to jump aboard.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.



Seems it will be coming out 2023 after all.

No date confirmed, but all PSVR2 games were announced for 2023.



the-pi-guy said:

Seems it will be coming out 2023 after all.

No date confirmed, but all PSVR2 games were announced for 2023.

The Walking Dead Chapter 2 was announced for 2022.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
the-pi-guy said:

Seems it will be coming out 2023 after all.

No date confirmed, but all PSVR2 games were announced for 2023.

The Walking Dead Chapter 2 was announced for 2022.

For PSVR1:

>“The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution is currently set to come to PSVR in late 2022 and PS VR2 in 2023.”



the-pi-guy said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

The Walking Dead Chapter 2 was announced for 2022.

For PSVR1:

>“The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution is currently set to come to PSVR in late 2022 and PS VR2 in 2023.”

Oh, i got it wrong, then. My bad.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.



twintail said:

Link doesn't work!

Hoping it Half Life Alyx



Brought PSVR day 1, so amazing and insanely immersive!
Would love to buy PSVR2 on launch but Sony need to make 2 PSVR2 version, one cable and other wireless with a battery belt style with cable connected from your back. Let it be $100 more, I don't care! Wouldn't be surprise if it sells more than the cable version! I know a dozen would buy the wireless version!