By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | Tobii eye-tracking tech

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

PlayStation®VR2 | The next generation of VR gaming on PS5 | PlayStation (US)

Update 2:

Headset Details: First look: the headset design for PlayStation VR2 – PlayStation.Blog

Lens adjustment dial: match the lens distance between their eyes to optimize their view.

Vent design: allow ventilation and avoid having the lens fog up.

OLED display: 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view, and foveated rendering,  resolution of 2000×2040, frame rates of 90/120Hz frame rate.

Single cable: connects to PS5 via a single USB C cable.

Update 1:

Controller Details: Next-gen VR on PS5: the new controller – PlayStation.Blog

Tracking: headset-based Controller Tracking with inside-out tracking.

Dualsense features: Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Games:

Horizon Call of the Mountains

Last edited by twintail - on 28 February 2022

Around the Network

Nice.

Also, the visuals from that Horizon trailer are looking like a good upgrade over PSVR1.

I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

All that sounds mouth watering. Also I appreciate the one cord. The first one had way too many cords.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

I'm ready!

While not completely wireless, PSVR2 is a major step up in convenience, which is a major selling point for me.

So Sony will release ahardware add on for the hardware you can't find anywhere in stores. Oh neat so this hardware will be scalped and Sony will have 2 new systems impossible to find. Why not focus on getting more PS5's out there before releasing add one system?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm probably getting this mid gen. The simple/clean setup is the bigger selling point to me than 4K, eye tracking/foveated rendering, etc individually. I can't wait to see what Team Asobi will do with it!

Leynos said:

So Sony will release ahardware add on for the hardware you can't find anywhere in stores. Oh neat so this hardware will be scalped and Sony will have 2 new systems impossible to find. Why not focus on getting more PS5's out there before releasing add one system?

This reads like you assume that PSVR2 planning, R&D, production goals, and all related software only began a year ago.

While of course it's no ideal to be in this situation (for Sony or the consumer), Sony also can't afford to not get their VR system out in face of increased and growing VR manufacturers in the PC space.

Likewise, it's not like tons of other hardware launches are just being pushed back. Everyone is trying to keep to the schedules they originally planned for. 

What do you think Sony will price PSVR2 at? I think they take a bath and sell it for $399.

I still think that Sony should have better supported/promoted the PSVR1 on PS5 from launch, but still it's good to see this upgrade come along eventually.

I'm a bit disappointed in the cable. It is an annoyance to always feel it on your shoulder, or lodged between your back and the sofa. Or when you cannot turn the way you want because it is tangled up somewhere.
Still a great improvement over the first. Will definitely buy it.

I hope we will see some different experiences. I could totally see a big third person JRPG in VR.