By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

Just got my headset today. Which games are people recommending. Which one sets the wow factor for the device as my wife wants to try it out.

You already tried RE Village, that has the wow factor, as well as CotM, GT7 and Kayak VR. Those are all heavy on motion though, not a good place to start trying it out. I would recommend the Moss/Moss 2 bundle for PSVR. It was already excellent on PSVR, 2nd best next to Astrobot and now looks so much better on PSVR2. It's played sitting, but you can of course stand up to peer into the models at any angle. Easier to control as well, no more jittery moves.

Thumper, Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite upgrades are also very much worth the asking price, yet don't have that you're part of the environment factor. Very cool games in VR, but no tricking you into believing stuff is actually there for the touch. Moss feels like real scale models right in front of you that you can stick your head in and look around.

@Quark The higher resolution opens up new options. Last night I was throwing crates in the river, watch them float away, then shoot them with the bow for target practice :)

Indeed it's truly amazing how capable the headset is. I also bought the Moss bundle so I think I will really enjoy that too. Especially since Horizon Call of the Mountain is pretty intense.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Angelv577 said:

motion sickness was a big issue for me with psvr1. Couldnt play games for more than 15 minutes. I wonder if the issue is resolved with psvr2.

Considering the fov is about the same, as well as the refresh rate (60fps game reprojected to 120hz) I'm afraid it won't make much of a difference for motion sickness. The higher resolution might even make it worse :/

Start with stationary games, Tetris effect is the safest. My wife got back motion sickness from Call of the Mountain with all comfort settings on. Unfortunately the only way to overcome the motion sickness part is to slowly train your mind to 'deal with it', or rather build up experience so your mind knows what to expect when doing certain things. The only times I feel that nausea lingering is when I accidentally push the analog stick while reaching for something. Unexpected movement is the problem.

However if you can't get used to (physically) walking around in VR, room scale style, it might not be for you :/

Thanks for the feedback

Conina said:

But I would prefer a bit more cable just to be sure, so I ordered a 1-meter USB-C-extension. I chose one with an 90 degree angle, should allow much better cable management, especially since the only USB-C port of the PS5 is at the front side:

So my USB-extension arrived, looks much better now:

My first impressions of the PSVR2 hardware and system software are very good.

Resolution and image clarity is great (if you find the sweet spot)... similar to my HP Reverb G2, much better than on my old Oculus Rift and PSVR1.

The sweet spot with a good focus is quite narrow... takes a few tries until text is clear.

Image brightness, black levels and colors are awesome thanks to HDR + OLED.

Wearing the PSVR2 headset with glasses under it is less comfortable than wearing my HP Reverb G2 with glasses, I'll probably get lens inserts for it, as soon as they are available: https://vroptician.com/ - https://vroptiker.de/

The passtrough video quality of the PSVR2 is much better than the passtrough of the HP Reverb G2.

The headset force feedback in the headset is awesome (f.e. the shockwaves in Thumper).

The motion tracking of the headset and controllers is great, much better than the tracking of my HP Reverb G2.

I don't like wearing headphones additional to the VR-headset, especially with additional cables. I hope there will be a better audio solution in the future, f.e. clip-on mini-speakers similar to the Valve Index / Reverb G2. 

My wife fared much better with Moss, no motion sickness. However the headset is not comfortably fitting her head, hurts. She's disappointed as she really wanted to continue playing Moss. The sweet spot for good resolution is pretty small, to keep it there the band has to be on tight, too tight for her liking. Sadly one size does not fit all comfortably. Eurogamer lauded this as the most comfortable headset yet, still not good enough.

It digs into my head as well, but I've hit my head so many times in the past 40 years, I don't feel it while playing, just see the grooves after taking the thing off. I do feel it while looking up, which you do quite a lot of in CotM, so I prefer turning the view sideways while climbing so I'm not directly looking at the wall. Looking straight up has the headset digging into the top of nose. No pain no gain lol.

It will get better as headsets get lighter. At least my good open back headphones fit better over PSVR2 compared to PSVR1. Sounds great and the headset stops them just short of putting any pressure on my ears, kinda perfect. I just need a shorter cable for them!

SvennoJ said:

My wife fared much better with Moss, no motion sickness. However the headset is not comfortably fitting her head, hurts. She's disappointed as she really wanted to continue playing Moss. The sweet spot for good resolution is pretty small, to keep it there the band has to be on tight, too tight for her liking. Sadly one size does not fit all comfortably. Eurogamer lauded this as the most comfortable headset yet, still not good enough.

A small gel pack betweeen forehead and PSVR2-headset works wonder! Very comfortable with it. And in the summer you can also add cooling.

Around the Network

Not going to lie. The game I’m having the most fun with so far is What The Bat? It’s just absolutely ridiculous

Do I need to beat the other Horizon games before playing the one that came with my PSVR or is it just going to be random subtle references/completely irrelevant to the story?

Also thinking of getting the kayaking game to play stoned. Seems like it’ll be so fun.

Conina said:
SvennoJ said:

A small gel pack betweeen forehead and PSVR2-headset works wonder! Very comfortable with it. And in the summer you can also add cooling.

I would worry about humidity damaging the unit over time

axumblade said:

Not going to lie. The game I’m having the most fun with so far is What The Bat? It’s just absolutely ridiculous

Do I need to beat the other Horizon games before playing the one that came with my PSVR or is it just going to be random subtle references/completely irrelevant to the story?

Also thinking of getting the kayaking game to play stoned. Seems like it’ll be so fun.

I think since it is kinda for different HW it wouldn't make sense to demand previous plays.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

axumblade said:

Go all the way, play RE Village while stoned, I dare you. It was the most intense gaming experience so far in my 49 years on this planet lol. Can't wait to play more tonight :)

I haven't tried what the bat yet, yet talking about bats and RE, I would love a VR game based on "What we do in the shadows"! Not quite sure what it would be like, you can go so many ways with that series.

Horizon CotM works fine standalone. It does make a lot of references to the main game's world building and history, you might even pick some of it up. It's not essential knowledge though, just helps explain the way you are treated in game.

DonFerrari said:

Don't play any races in Kayak VR in that case ;) Got to wipe the head band after lol.

SvennoJ said:
axumblade said:

Go all the way, play RE Village while stoned, I dare you. It was the most intense gaming experience so far in my 49 years on this planet lol. Can't wait to play more tonight :)

I haven't tried what the bat yet, yet talking about bats and RE, I would love a VR game based on "What we do in the shadows"! Not quite sure what it would be like, you can go so many ways with that series.

Horizon CotM works fine standalone. It does make a lot of references to the main game's world building and history, you might even pick some of it up. It's not essential knowledge though, just helps explain the way you are treated in game.

DonFerrari said:

Don't play any races in Kayak VR in that case ;) Got to wipe the head band after lol.

I do remember my fun on fight nights out or something like that on PS3 that had Danny Trejo, I entered a marathon mode and was like undefeated for 3h, there was a pond of water around me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Haha just ended up doing some one handed climbing in CotM as my right controller died, out of juice. It works and it saved after I got to the top. When I tried turning it back on at the top the game 'conveniently' turned both off and told me to charge them. Turns out you can't even operate the menu with a regular dual sense so I just turned it off.

Early dinner while they charge! Then play some GT7 or other dual sense games until they're full again :)