By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

SvennoJ said:

Looks well made, but I don't see any easy way to replace the lenses? Hopefully they don't scratch as easily as in PSVR. The frame of my glasses damaged those lenses.

Considering how much you apparently use your headset, maybe you should invest in these?
PSVR 2 Prescription Lens

Around the Network

Baffling to me that these are getting dropped so late in the day.  

the-pi-guy said:
SvennoJ said:

Looks well made, but I don't see any easy way to replace the lenses? Hopefully they don't scratch as easily as in PSVR. The frame of my glasses damaged those lenses.

Considering how much you apparently use your headset, maybe you should invest in these?
PSVR 2 Prescription Lens

Yeah I looked into that, however that tear down video makes me hesitate. Maybe there is an easy way to replace the lenses but I have to see it first before messing around with a $700 headset! Also, at least at first, I won't be the only one using it. I'll be stuck with my glasses for now.

What a trailer. Exciting time.

SvennoJ said:

Yeah I looked into that, however that tear down video makes me hesitate. Maybe there is an easy way to replace the lenses but I have to see it first before messing around with a $700 headset! Also, at least at first, I won't be the only one using it. I'll be stuck with my glasses for now.

Are you near sighted or far sighted? I'm near sighted and hoping I can just leave my glasses off when using it.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
SvennoJ said:

Are you near sighted or far sighted? I'm near sighted and hoping I can just leave my glasses off when using it.

Unfortunately VR tends to be a far sighted experience. 

There is some variance, but as far as I'm aware most VR headsets are focused at 2m.  Even though the screen is 2 inches from your eyes, it'll look best as if the screen were 2 meters away.  

With that said, I do think this has gotten better with better lenses. 

Kyuu said:

Damn, totally agreed. Haven't played RE8 yet, but I'm willing to wait till I finally get a PSVR2 to play it lol

I hope RE7 gets similar support, and RE4 too (but this sounds like it'll be more situational than what RE8 is showing). 

twintail said:
Kyuu said:

Damn, totally agreed. Haven't played RE8 yet, but I'm willing to wait till I finally get a PSVR2 to play it lol

I hope RE7 gets similar support, and RE4 too (but this sounds like it'll be more situational than what RE8 is showing). 

Haven't played it either! (Though I've watched some playthrough segments on Youtube, unfortunately).

This might be my overly excited self playing tricks on my mind, but I think RE4's VR might be full or close to full, and they're keeping that as a nice little surprise. Though I don't think it'll be ready at launch.

Hoping for an RE7 patch too since I also skipped this game and it's generally even more liked than Village.

TallSilhouette said:
SvennoJ said:

I'm near sighted and have used the PSVR without glasses as well. That 'worked' since the resolution on PSVR is very low anyway (with giant hud and fonts). Beat Saber I could play perfectly fine without glasses. It's still blurry since the focal point for the lenses is set to far away, but with everything being big that just hides any screen door effect and smooths out the giant pixels.

I imagine if you're far sighted (have glasses for reading) you don't need to wear glasses at all in a headset. But if you need glasses to see sharp far, it depends on whether the headset exceeds the resolution you perceive without glasses. PSVR was worse than my glasses free vision, PSVR2 might very well be better than the max my eyes can pick up in the distance.

Another thing that was a bit annoying with glasses was that in some games the HUD was right where the frame of my glasses is blocking my fov. And since the HDU is static you can't move your head to get a clear view of the HUD. Basically I saw half the HUD sharp and the other half slightly displaced and blurry over the top of my glasses. The FOV of the headset was larger than the FOV of my glasses.

Kyuu said:
twintail said:

Haven't played it either! (Though I've watched some playthrough segments on Youtube, unfortunately).

This might be my overly excited self playing tricks on my mind, but I think RE4's VR might be full or close to full, and they're keeping that as a nice little surprise. Though I don't think it'll be ready at launch.

Hoping for an RE7 patch too since I also skipped this game and it's generally even more liked than Village.

RE7 was amazing on PSVR (played on PS4 pro). I put over 60 hours into the game and finished it on the highest difficulty level which I never do with games. The survival 'mini' game survive the night in the basement was just as scary as the rest of the game, Mini games I normally don't give a second thought either.

RE7 used the standard DS4 without any tracking of the controller so it should be easy to patch, but Sony probably wants it to use the new controllers if they do patch it. Also it was an early title as all the cut scenes were 2D movies (very jarring) and some of the extras were 2D only (I never touched them) However it totally transforms what you can do in the game, for example:

You can't see it that well on the gif (vision in headset extends lower), yet in game, ahh there's a monster hiding next to the door, spotted!

I found some more old gifs, name that game!

And some videos, also here the capture cuts off part of the bottom, fov is more square in the headset