By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Around the Network

The news that PSVR2 won't be backwards compatible with original PSVR games kinda makes me want to buy an original PSVR unit, just so I have it and can access its unique games that may not be ported over to PSVR2.

I do not have the space to play VR in my current living arrangement. But I want to own the original piece of tech which may be harder to get down the line and become a collector's item. The best deal I see now is an Iron Man VR bundle for $250 on Amazon. Price is still kinda high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Resident Evil 4 Remake?

Awesome, one less reason to buy a Quest 2 (Resident Evil 4 VR with old graphics)

$549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY) Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones

Cost more than the console, probably going to be a hard pass for me but then again, I did not get the first one until a year or better after it dropped so my mind may change after a year.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

$549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY) Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones

All things considered (esp. with that new pricey Meta one), that's not too shabby.  Though that price also comes with slightly inflated expectations on launch software too.

coolbeans said:
the-pi-guy said:

All things considered (esp. with that new pricey Meta one), that's not too shabby.  Though that price also comes with slightly inflated expectations on launch software too.

The Quest pro is geared towards business so its really not competing with this unit and its stand alone device that does not need a PC to operate.  Instead this device is competing with the quest 2 which I believe is cheaper.  The PSVR 2 does seem to have better optics from previews so the price is probably justified but its definitely not at a friendly mass market price.

Machiavellian said:

The Quest pro is geared towards business so its really not competing with this unit and its stand alone device that does not need a PC to operate.  Instead this device is competing with the quest 2 which I believe is cheaper.  The PSVR 2 does seem to have better optics from previews so the price is probably justified but its definitely not at a friendly mass market price.

Yeah. 
Quest 2 is $400 currently.

PSVR2 has a better display (OLED instead of LCD, higher resolution).

Eye tracking (which is hard to compare, most PCVR headsets don't have eye tracking, and it generally costs an extra $300).

I have so much hope for VR this generation