By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Does it have a headphone jack to use your own over ear headphones? My headphones fit over PSVR 1. The ear buds worked fine but I prefer open back headphones so I can still hear when someone tries to get my attention.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Does it have a headphone jack to use your own over ear headphones? My headphones fit over PSVR 1. The ear buds worked fine but I prefer open back headphones so I can still hear when someone tries to get my attention.

Yes. 

UploadVR was trying PSVR2 with the Pulse Headphones. 

I've been looking to get into PSVR, but I've been waiting for better tech, and now that it's here, it's just too much.

It's worth the specs, and I'd doubt PS won't make full use of what it's capable of, but I was hoping for another $399 kit. I assumed maybe $449 due to inflation, but another $100 on top of that is asking quite a lot in general.

Sounds like my wait for a PS5 will end somewhat soon based on production, but looks as though I'll be waiting for PSVR2 for quite a while longer. Not the worst thing really, as by that time hopefully there should be a bunch of (great) games for it.

ConservagameR said:

I've been looking to get into PSVR, but I've been waiting for better tech, and now that it's here, it's just too much.

It's worth the specs, and I'd doubt PS won't make full use of what it's capable of, but I was hoping for another $399 kit. I assumed maybe $449 due to inflation, but another $100 on top of that is asking quite a lot in general.

Sounds like my wait for a PS5 will end somewhat soon based on production, but looks as though I'll be waiting for PSVR2 for quite a while longer. Not the worst thing really, as by that time hopefully there should be a bunch of (great) games for it.

PSVR1 launched at $399 as a partial kit without the camera or controllers (wasn't even usable without the camera). There was a $499 bundle that included those two.  

Still hopefully price reductions are swift. 

I think most Titles that uses Horror settings will use PSVR2 added which should be standard for all.

Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:
twintail said:

PSVR2 is about half the price of Valve Index, and the PSVR2 outclasses the index with certain specs.

Yeah, is expensive (supposedly cheaper than the first taking into account inflation), but there are more expensive options on the market currently.

Yeah, you are right. It is quite some money for me. But it is good value in comparison. I did not know the index was this expensive. But the psvr1 cost 400 at launch. Plus 60 for the camera. Plus two move controlers for at least 80 (seen 100 aswell). Thats 540 in 2016, or 645 euros today.

The price for psvr 2 is a bit steep, but more than fair in comparison to what came before.

Yeah, sorry it seemed like I was suggesting you were wrong in saying the PSVR2 was expensive. 

I mean,  I agree with you that it is. I was just making a comment that there are other VR headsets in the same tech range that are higher. 

Sorry, I hope my comment didn't come across the wrong way.

twintail said:

Yeah, sorry it seemed like I was suggesting you were wrong in saying the PSVR2 was expensive. 

I mean,  I agree with you that it is. I was just making a comment that there are other VR headsets in the same tech range that are higher. 

Sorry, I hope my comment didn't come across the wrong way.

No no, not at all. I think you were both, perfectly polite, and right in pointing that out about the price.

It is weird. For a time I thought the industry lost some of its excitement. I am almost exclusivly on playstation. But TLoU part 2 did nothing for me. Ghost of Tsushima was alright, but did not set my world on fire. Same with Days Gone. Creation in media molecules dreams is too complicated for me. Miles Morales felt like more of the same. Death Stranding turned out to be a bit of a dud. The ps5 was supposed to be this new leap forward. And it fell a bit flat for me.

When I really think about it, the coolest newest, most exciting part of gaming was the release of psvr. I will never forget the deep dive thing with the cage in the ocean as one of my first vr-experiences. Rescue mission and resident evil 7 are legendary to me, just because they were such a blast in VR.

We are firmly in the land of diminishing returns. But for me, come february 2023 the new generation really starts.

the-pi-guy said:
ConservagameR said:

PSVR1 launched at $399 as a partial kit without the camera or controllers (wasn't even usable without the camera). There was a $499 bundle that included those two.  

I do not see it happening any time soon.  With PS5 still having issues meeting demand and this price point says we are in no hurry for sales, I would not be surprise that we do not see anything drop in price especially with inflation rampant for years.  I personally do not have any real issue with the price, its just that I do not see any game that make me want to spend that money at the moment.  Nothing is screaming, I need this device when it launch at least none of the games are grabbing me.  

Machiavellian said:
the-pi-guy said:

I do not see it happening any time soon.  With PS5 still having issues meeting demand and this price point says we are in no hurry for sales, I would not be surprise that we do not see anything drop in price especially with inflation rampant for years.  I personally do not have any real issue with the price, its just that I do not see any game that make me want to spend that money at the moment.  Nothing is screaming, I need this device when it launch at least none of the games are grabbing me.  

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I knew the bundle existed but thought it was just games included like usually is the case. Good point then. I didn't think the tech and quality was ready yet anyway. A buddy had a headset for his beast PC, forget which one, and it was supposedly better than PSVR, and while interesting, the quality just wasn't there back then. Tried a bunch of games, and only 1 I found to be somewhat acceptable.

I'd also guess, now with that PSVR info, that PSVR2 isn't going to drop in price too quickly, along with everything else going on. Might be something I get about the time PS6 is out, which would still mean I'd have the PS5 for a few more years after that anyway, and hopefully if PSVR2 keeps compatibility with the next gen console and games.

I think PS5 is pushing the max for what people are willing to pay, especially at a time like this, and considering people need it to be able to use PSVR2, asking over $1000 right now is going to be quite a tough sell for most people. If PSVR2 is going to sell well, I don't see it happening for years after it's launch unless something changes considerably.

Got my preorder invitation, valid for three days.