By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

KEY FEATURES:

• Two 2000x2040 OLED displays deliver incredible 4K HDR visuals at up to 120fps.
  • Express yourself to fellow players in new and lifelike ways with eye tracking.
  • Relish the details as foveated rendering brings in-game areas that your eyes focus on into amazing graphical fidelity.
  • Feel an incredible sense of presence in virtual game environments with a 110-degree field of view.
  • Sense a character's presence as in-game 3D audio dynamically adapts to your position and head movements.
  • Subtle, responsive headset vibrations from a single built-in motor.
  • Interact with virtual worlds in amazing new ways with haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, precision tracking and finger touch detection.
  • Explore new worlds with freedom thanks to four tracking cameras built into the headset.
  • Stay in the game with a light, balanced Fresnel lens, vents to allow airflow and reduce fogging, and adjustable headset straps to help find your perfect fit.

PlayStation®VR2 | The next generation of VR gaming on PS5 | PlayStation (US)

Last edited by twintail - on 20 February 2023

Around the Network

Nice.

Also, the visuals from that Horizon trailer are looking like a good upgrade over PSVR1.

I'm ready!

While not completely wireless, PSVR2 is a major step up in convenience, which is a major selling point for me.

So Sony will release ahardware add on for the hardware you can't find anywhere in stores. Oh neat so this hardware will be scalped and Sony will have 2 new systems impossible to find. Why not focus on getting more PS5's out there before releasing add one system?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

What do you think Sony will price PSVR2 at? I think they take a bath and sell it for $399.

Around the Network

I still think that Sony should have better supported/promoted the PSVR1 on PS5 from launch, but still it's good to see this upgrade come along eventually.

I'm a bit disappointed in the cable. It is an annoyance to always feel it on your shoulder, or lodged between your back and the sofa. Or when you cannot turn the way you want because it is tangled up somewhere.
Still a great improvement over the first. Will definitely buy it.

I hope we will see some different experiences. I could totally see a big third person JRPG in VR.

Neat. The specs are decent. DualSense-like haptics and triggers in the controllers sounds like a perfect match in VR. Also eye tracking as well for additional input and hardware IPD adjustment - something that should be in every VR headset. And just having inside out tracking is so much better and cleaner.. only wished they did away with the cable.

But yeah hopefully they'll have full-blown titles for this with VR implemented rather than bite-sized VR games.

Last edited by hinch - on 05 January 2022

Would have been nice if it was fully wireless but still one USB-C cable is a massive step up from the horror that was the original PSVR setup.

Great specs, now just have to hope the price point isn't mental. It should be no more than $299. It is better than an Oculus Quest 2 spec-wise and OLED will drive up cost, but it also doesn't have inbuilt hardware so it needs to at least match the Quest 2 on price point.

Sounds like a really nice piece of hardware to be honest and a massive improvement over the first.