By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite - Story Discussion - Unmarked Spoilers

EricHiggin said:

I'd say Cortana highly likely had a thing for John. She wants to be real so badly and he's the most badass mofo in the universe. How couldn't she be attracted to that? I've always wondered if Cortana's design in Halo 4 was a hint to that. Trying not only to look more human and feminine, but to get John's undivided attention. I mean she's practically nude so...

As for John, at the very end of Halo 4 when Cortana is 'touching' him and getting mushy, he says, "Cortana, please". Just the way he says it implies to me, either:
1. John knows she feels something for him but he doesn't feel it for her.
or
2. John is either too scared to get emotional, or he's just so damn hardcore about his duty that he will just never break, period.
Not sure which one is more likely but regardless, Cortana seems disappointed about it. You can hear it in her voice, beyond this supposedly being the end for her.

She's a dreamer and he's a doer. For John he may just never wonder if a deep relationship with an AI is possible or if she could ever actually become a real life form. Doesn't really seem to fit his character. He does tend to keep to himself though, so, who knows?

The big problem is if they ever did get into a deep relationship, it would be damn near impossible to keep it strictly/mostly an action adventure scifi game, and would likely turn into a scifi adventure space drama. That's a very different experience, and Halo 4, which toyed with the idea, was not exactly well received at the time of release. Gamers didn't hate it overall, but they weren't thrilled overall either.

This is the canonical reason why Cortana is nude FWIW, Lol.

"She's not really nude ... but that's what it makes you think of," explained O'Connor. "So one of the reasons she [chooses to appear without clothes] is to attract and demand attention. And she does it to put people off so that they're on their guard when talking to her and she has the upper hand in those conversations."

I don't think her nudeness in Halo 4 at the time was anything other than marketing to horny people

I think that "Cortana. Please" was because she was speaking in a "This is the last we'll ever see each other" way and Chief was still in denial about being able to save her, Cortana had given up already at that point, hence Chief's "Cortana. Please"

Definitely they really really care about each other though, that much is obvious.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Wondering how many stories will be set on Zeta Halo, the entire 10 year plan? Lol.

Just a thought, with Zeta Halo doing a jump which means nobody knows where it is, surely the next step for the UNSC/Swords of Sanghelios will be to retake The Ark? I'm assuming The Ark will show the location of Zeta Halo? Which could tie things up nicely, Halo Wars 3 I doubt is happening anymore and there's awesome characters in that series that deserve to be in mainline.

It has been 6 months since Cortana lost, she also seemed to have lost control of the Guardians once she was locked down, whether that means they shutdown or went on a rampage, I don't know, if they shutdown it gives UNSC/Arbiter 6 months at minimum to regroup their forces and then there's literally no canonical reason why they shouldn't be heading straight to The Ark, Lol.

Which then brings Spirit of Fire into the story, The Banished shouldn't be too much of an issue unless Atriox left his strongest force at The Ark, they can use The Ark to find Zeta Halo and head there with an army which makes me think if Arbiter/Blue Team do return in Infinite then it will be a storyline that will be years away sadly cause that would be the ultimate battle, I think the smaller scale stuff of Locke/Palmer/Halsey/Lasky will come first and of course, fighting The Endless on Zeta Halo.

Infinity also has a sister ship in development called Eternity, I imagine we will see that too, Lol. So yeah, I don't think we will see Blue Team/Arbiter for a long time, Arbiter at least is definitely not coming alone. Without the Ark, I don't see how they find Zeta Halo, it literally jumped outside the Milky Way if that Reddit post is accurate.

I want a playable Arbiter expansion. I also really want some scenes between Arbiter and Atriox, I want to know what Atriox thinks of Arbiter, they are similar in a lot of ways. Not like Arbiter's hands are clean, dude went planet hopping glassing billions of humans but they both saw through the Prophets bullshit and rebelled for the benefit of their species however they went on different paths from there.

I spent like the whole time playing Infinite trying to remember what happened to Arbiter and if he would pop up. His rivalry/bromance with the Chief was awesome in the original games. I can't remember if he was mentioned in 4 and I never played 5 due to it not being on PC like literally every other Halo game.

Honestly, if he was with chief, whiney human dude, and baby Cortana, and we had that dialogue on each mission/open world, and he helped us in the fight, the campaign would have been a lot more enjoyable for me and probably would have bumped it up to at least a 90 for me.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Wondering how many stories will be set on Zeta Halo, the entire 10 year plan? Lol.

Just a thought, with Zeta Halo doing a jump which means nobody knows where it is, surely the next step for the UNSC/Swords of Sanghelios will be to retake The Ark? I'm assuming The Ark will show the location of Zeta Halo? Which could tie things up nicely, Halo Wars 3 I doubt is happening anymore and there's awesome characters in that series that deserve to be in mainline.

It has been 6 months since Cortana lost, she also seemed to have lost control of the Guardians once she was locked down, whether that means they shutdown or went on a rampage, I don't know, if they shutdown it gives UNSC/Arbiter 6 months at minimum to regroup their forces and then there's literally no canonical reason why they shouldn't be heading straight to The Ark, Lol.

Which then brings Spirit of Fire into the story, The Banished shouldn't be too much of an issue unless Atriox left his strongest force at The Ark, they can use The Ark to find Zeta Halo and head there with an army which makes me think if Arbiter/Blue Team do return in Infinite then it will be a storyline that will be years away sadly cause that would be the ultimate battle, I think the smaller scale stuff of Locke/Palmer/Halsey/Lasky will come first and of course, fighting The Endless on Zeta Halo.

Infinity also has a sister ship in development called Eternity, I imagine we will see that too, Lol. So yeah, I don't think we will see Blue Team/Arbiter for a long time, Arbiter at least is definitely not coming alone. Without the Ark, I don't see how they find Zeta Halo, it literally jumped outside the Milky Way if that Reddit post is accurate.

I want a playable Arbiter expansion.

I don't think you should expect any expansion that has you play someone other than Chief any time soon. I could be wrong, but I imagine with all the talk about how much content was cut from Infinite, because the team had all these ambitions they couldn't execute on in a timely manner, I have to believe that they'll be looking to get some of that cut content back in over time. Obviously some of it may have to be re-structured, or re-imagined in some way if it was originally meant to tie into various points of the story we've already played, but if they've got assets, plotlines, voice performances, etc. lying around that are already fairly fleshed out to some degree, it's easy to imagine that they'll wanna tap into that for quicker turn around.

We know they wanted to go back to Halo's roots with this game, including being very Chief centric, and so I have my doubts that we'll be seeing something like an Arbiter campaign for quite some time. 

Definitely and as I said anyways, Arbiter showing up would feel like something that happens towards the end of our time on Zeta Halo, cause he would come with an army, a big one, along with UNSC, Atriox had the upper-hand on Infinity by surprise battering ramming them, he won't have that chance again, Lol.

Those toys oddly had Linda "as she appears in Halo Infinite" though but only Linda, I would be really interested in knowing what was cut and how the story was changed, was Blue Team originally meant to be on Infinity but they quickly slapped in that audio log of Lasky saying he sent them elsewhere? Seems that way.

I'd love some scenes between Arbiter and Atriox though...

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Finished the campaign. My thoughts on the story:

• Ballsy move killing off Cortana. There were alot of theories about The Weapon having been made from the good remnants of Cortana that split apart when Cortana went fully rampant in Halo 4, and the evil Cortana from 5 being the bad remnants of Cortana, and the two being remerged as one in Halo Infinite to bring back OG Cortana, but I think they made the right call having Evil Cortana realize the error of her ways and sacrificing herself to give Chief and the Weapon a chance to stop the Banished. I always said that it would be a mistake to kill off Cortana since she is vital to the Halo formula, opening doors for Chief and providing dialogue to the player since Chief is silent most of the time. Halo 5's fellow blue team members provided that needed dialogue in 5, but it just wasn't the same and was one of many reasons why I didn't like Halo 5 singleplayer very much. The Weapon solves that issue perfectly. She is a near exact copy of Cortana, so she is voiced by Jen Taylor, but in my personal opinion, I think I might actually like her more than OG Cortana. I like her youthful enthusiasm and optimism, I like the cute little faces she makes. The only bad thing is that she doesn't have the sex appeal of OG Cortana, but 343 seems to be over sexualizing Cortana these days, which is ironic since they once made the most sexualized Cortana design of all with the Halo 4 design, but the flashback memory scenes of OG Cortana in Infinite look purposefully de-sexualized, she looks quite frumpy.
  • I'm not a big fan of how few returning characters there are in Infinite. We get some audio logs of Lasky and Halsey which suggest they got off the Infinity in an escape pod before it was destroyed (though rather Laskey survived the 6 months on the surface we don't know), and it is teased that Locke was killed by Hyperius, and that Jun was killed when Cortana ordered Leonidas to self-destruct the Spartan 4 training space station that Jun was in charge of, but as for the rest of the characters, they make no appearances and we don't know what any of them are doing. Halo has a huge stable of characters, so obviously they couldn't stuff like 2 dozen returning characters into Halo Infinite's main campaign, but it would have been nice to get at least a few of them, or for them to have been teased in the post credits scene (I didn't play on Legendary so I don't know what was in the special Legendary post credits scene yet). I'm sure 343 plans to work alot more characters into the planned campaign expansions, especially Laskey, Halsey, Palmer, Blue Team, Alpha-Nine (Halo 3 ODST characters), Osiris (including possibly Locke, who I doubt was actually killed off screen), Anders (who was captured by Cortana between 5 and Infinite), and of course Arbiter and some of his fellow Elites like Mahkee 'Chava and Rtas 'Vadum, but I just wish we could have seen some of them now instead of later.
  • The Endless returning seem like a huge threat to everyone, the Forerunners locked them away for a reason, because if the Flood ever infects them the Flood will become unstoppable. The Flood still exists, contained on certain Halo rings including Zeta Halo. I can't imagine why Atriox would free them? Does he think he can control them? I very much so doubt it.

1. IIRC The Weapon is Halsey's backup, as per her Reach journal she made 3 AI's based on her mind, one was given to Chief (Cortana) and the other two were put in stasis as backups, The Weapon is the 2nd which leaves a 3rd still available. Also if I remember correctly, Halsey also has a 4th which was her personal assistant called Kalmiya, it somehow lasted way longer than the typical AI lifespan of 7 years (I think it lasted about 14 years).

I think that "Cortana from Halo 5 is a evil fragment of Cortana from Halo 4" was actually written by 343 themselves and not a theory, so I think they've either retconned that or they could have still gone with it because either way our Cortana is dead and this H5/Infinite Cortana is still a fragment of her but also dead now.

Though I disagree she's a near exact copy, to me she is the complete opposite of Cortana (one of many reasons why she shouldn't take her name), OG Cortana was confident bordering on arrogance, extremely sarcastic, confident, smart, in comparison to this Cortana who is extremely naïve, not very confident, doesn't understand sarcasm, isn't as smart as OG Cortana, etc. I also see their relationship now between Chief and The Weapon as a father/daughter relationship so I hope they don't sexualise her, Lol, her design is awesome.

2. Probably all cut content, I imagine we'll have an expansion in the future of Lasky leading a small resistance with some Spartans somewhere else on the ring, I do wish some others returned but at the same time it may have been too many cooks in the kitchen, I liked how personal this story was between Chief, The Weapon and The Pilot and I think if it shoved a lot of extra characters in then it might have ruined that, we can always save them later.

Locke is definitely not dead, Hyperius actually makes mention that he kept Locke alive with the IWHBYD skull on, I would be shocked if Jun was killed too, that dude is slippery, survived Reach. I think we'll see Lasky, Palmer, Halsey together somewhere else on Zeta Halo, I doubt Alpha Nine show up at all, Locke I think is somewhere stranded on Zeta Halo but Idk about Tanaka or Vale.

Issue with Blue Team and Arbiter/Swords of Sanghelios is Blue Team were sent off on a separate mission by Lasky and Swords of Sanghelios/Arbiter would have been defending Sangheilios but when Cortana was locked down she assumingly lost control over the Guardians and that will give Arbiter the chance to recoup but Zeta Halo did a slip-space jump so there's little chance Arbiter and Blue Team know where Chief is, someone on Reddit actually figured out based on the stars that Zeta Halo's new location is outside of the Milky Way

3. Yeah, I didn't like the whole "Endless are a bigger threat than The Flood" until Angelus explained another perspective that Forerunners are most afraid of losing their power more than anything else and now it makes sense, it also makes sense that if a Flood infected one then The Flood would be unstoppable. The Forerunners are assholes though and locked them away for nothing but "they might be a threat" which is extremely shitty, Lol.

There's some theories that The Flood exist even outside of the Galaxy, at the peak of their power they could have spread to Andromeda, I also think Flood originated from outside of the Milky Way too so who knows what is lurking out there, though the simplest way for gamers is another containment breach on a Ring, Lol.

I also worry about Atriox, I hope it's not one of those "bad guy unleashes something powerful and loses control immediately" I want to see Atriox being tactical and cunning and not to immediately lose control cause that would diminish his character, I hope he has some sort of plan for making sure they don't just immediately betray him, Lol.

I think a strong motivation, aside from the fact that having something like The Endless on your side makes your army ridiculously strong, will be that Atriox wants to bring back Doisac, whether that is in their power capabilities or not, I don't know, but I don't think Atriox knows either, The Banished was created to free his Brute brothers and now his homeworld has just been obliterated, that would put Brutes on the verge of extinction, despite him not showing much emotion when it happened, I'm fairly sure something like that will eat Atriox up inside, it will also be a cool extra, almost sympathetic motivation to his cause.

1. Yeah, I meant that the only thing I like better about old Cortana than the weapon is her sex appeal, not that I think they should have made the weapon sexier, at least this early on when she is so young. The UNSC uniform matches with her sole purpose, destroying Cortana. I wouldn't mind a redesign before the next Chief expansion though, we know that AI can alter their appearance at any point like we saw with Cortana, who changed between each game she was in, so it would be cool if the weapon chose a new appearance alongside her naming herself between the main campaign and the first Chief based expansion. Maybe a bit sexier and more feminine than the UNSC uniform if a redesign happens, but I also wouldn't mind if they keep that uniform appearance for longer.

2. Alpha-Nine better show up at some point, 343 went to all the trouble to bring them into their own series canon, some of the few Bungie designed characters they did anything with, even letting Mickey out of jail just so that Alpha-Nine could be reformed as a Spartan 4 unit, it would be a total waste to do all that and then leave them relegated to books. If they aren't in an expansion for Infinite's planned 10 years of singleplayer support, they had better be getting their own standalone game this generation showing whatever mission Laskey and Halsey sent them on before Infinite starts. As for Arbiter, it would be truly foolish for him not to show up at all over the course of the next 10 years of Infinite singleplayer support, especially after they teased him with Halo 5's ending, that would be a real slap in the face to Arbiter fans. I think many want to see Blue Team reunited as well during the 10 years of support. 

I don't think the ring jumping will stop the UNSC sending reinforcements and Arbiter coming to the ring at some point. Afterall, Chief, the few other living spartans, and some random marines can't take the whole darn ring back from the Banished and the Endless on their own most likely. I'm guessing Chief will find a communications relay on the ring and call for reinforcements at some point, and there surely must be some forerunner tech that can be used to send reinforcements. 

3.Yeah, 343 would be foolish not to bring the Flood back, the scariest thing about the Endless is the fact that the Flood would be nearly unstoppable if the Endless ever got infected in large numbers, as the rings can't stop infected Endless. 

Ryuu96 said:

I don't think Chief/Cortana ever had a romantic relationship, Chief at the very least never displayed such a thing, I'd say their relationship was more a family one, Chief definitely loved her but I don't think it was romantically. Course he was distraught by her death but by that point he had lost a lot of close friends, he had spent years with Cortana and they went through hell together, they are partners but not in a romantic sense and Chief is a little lost without his partner due to how much he relied on her in those years, she basically lived in his head, Lol.

Halo 4 was all about Chief opening up and showing emotion, so that was directed towards him losing Cortana, Chief also doesn't like failing, as evident by Infinite where he takes his loss against Atriox badly and blames himself, he literally watched Cortana die before his very eyes and likely believed he failed her, it wasn't a problem he could fix, he could do nothing about it.

Cortana I could see an argument for having romantic feelings for Chief but I still don't see it, I also would point out that Cortana is based off Halsey's brain, Halsey and Chief have a mother/son relationship so it makes the Cortana romance a bit weird, Lol.

Cortana's death really made him open up but I think he would have a similar reaction if say, Kelly or Linda died, Chief does have emotions, at least in the books, Lol, he was pretty distraught when Samuel died for example.

I'm also not sure if John is capable of romantic love Tbh, UNSC have screwed him up, the only time in his life he had romantic love was as a child, then he was kidnapped and turned into a killing machine, Lol. I sadly don't think John will ever settle down, that just ain't who he is, there's always people to protect, you can see that he genuinely wants to protect Humanity, I think his future is dying in battle.

If there was a romantic interest for John, I think it should be Kelly, she knows him best, she has known him the longest, she is his closest friend and his most trusted ally, also the only person that John has ever described as being beautiful, Lol, but I think again nothing romantic will happen between them, also 343 needs to actually use Blue Team effectively in the games and show their relationship of first.

It was definitely implied in 4 that Cortana had romantic feelings for Chief, there was a scene when she got that hardlight body after saving Chief from Didact where she walked up to him and touched him for the first time and said something like "You don't know how long I've waited to do that", referring of course to touching him. Considering how overtly sexual her Halo 4 design was compared to all other Cortana designs we have seen over the years, the scene definitely felt romantic in nature to me. Rather or not Chief reciprocated those feelings I can't say, but at the very least he was majorly torn up both by her apparent death in 4, and by her betrayal in 5, though that could have simply been from close friendship rather than romantic feelings.

But I, much life Dulfite, was 100% in the Chief-Cortana shipping camp after Halo 4, I legit wanted Chief to find a way to recover her lost fragments, get them to Halsey so she could rebuild Cortana, and then find a way to get Cortana a permanent hardlight body or even transplant her consciousness into a genetically engineered human body so that they could be together romantically. Obviously, nothing like that happened in 5, and I kind of fell off that ship after her betrayal in 5, but the romantic in me still thinks it would have been cool.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 December 2021

Dulfite said:
Ryuu96 said:

I want a playable Arbiter expansion. I also really want some scenes between Arbiter and Atriox, I want to know what Atriox thinks of Arbiter, they are similar in a lot of ways. Not like Arbiter's hands are clean, dude went planet hopping glassing billions of humans but they both saw through the Prophets bullshit and rebelled for the benefit of their species however they went on different paths from there.

I spent like the whole time playing Infinite trying to remember what happened to Arbiter and if he would pop up. His rivalry/bromance with the Chief was awesome in the original games. I can't remember if he was mentioned in 4 and I never played 5 due to it not being on PC like literally every other Halo game.

Honestly, if he was with chief, whiney human dude, and baby Cortana, and we had that dialogue on each mission/open world, and he helped us in the fight, the campaign would have been a lot more enjoyable for me and probably would have bumped it up to at least a 90 for me.

Essentially Arbiter in 4/5 timeline was busy fighting off rival Covenant splinter factions, trying to retake his homeworld, he is in Halo 5 due to some missions taking place on Sanghelios but he understandably stays on Sanghelios because his homeworld is still a bit of a mess and he has to kick some ass there and establish himself as the leader, also Cortana goes full crazy and sends Guardians everywhere so I assume he was defending his homeworld from them too.

IIRC Jul Mdama had the largest Covenant splinter group though and Arbiter put it in the dirt so with Cortana now dealt with, I imagine things are going relatively well for him right now, likely still some warring going on but nothing he wouldn't be able to handle.

It doesn't really make sense for Arbiter to be in Infinite at the start because at the end of the day, his homeworld comes way before helping Humanity, but I do think he will show up eventually purely on the basis that he isn't an idiot and will know that once The Banished are done with Humanity, they will likely come into conflict with him next, so I imagine he will want to strike first.

But the issue is Zeta Halo did a Slipspace jump after Infinity's battle with Atriox so UNSC or Arbiter won't have a clue where Zeta Halo is and some detective work on Reddit figured on Zeta Halo is situated outside of the Milky Way right now so that makes things worse, Lol.

Around the Network

Btw, does anyone else think that the Endless might have some sort of connection to the logic plague? I mean...why would the Harbinger speak in a manner similar to the Gravemind? Why would the Forerunners judge and sentence them in a "silent" auditorium where the Endless are unable to even speak to defend themselves? They're so dangerous that the Forerunners have to gag them before they're even locked away? Idk. Just thought all that was kinda curious.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

1. Yeah, I meant that the only thing I like better about old Cortana than the weapon is her sex appeal, not that I think they should have made the weapon sexier. The UNSC uniform matches with her sole purpose, destroying Cortana. I wouldn't mind a redesign before the next expansion, we know that AI can alter their appearance at any point like we saw with Cortana, who changed between each game she was in, so it would be cool if the weapon chose a new appearance alongside her naming herself between the main campaign and the first Chief based expansion.

2. Alpha-Nine better show up at some point, 343 went to all the trouble to bring them into their own series canon, some of the few Bungie designed characters they did anything with, even letting Mickey out of jail just so that Alpha-Nine could be reformed as a Spartan 4 unit, it would be a total waste to do all that and then leave them relegated to books. If they aren't in an expansion for Infinite's planned 10 years of singleplayer support, they had better be getting their own standalone game this generation. As for Arbiter, it would be truly foolish for him not to show up at all over the course of the next 10 years, especially after they teased him with Halo 5's ending, that would be a real slap in the face to Arbiter fans. 

I don't think the ring jumping will stop the UNSC sending reinforcements and Arbiter coming to the ring at some point. Afterall, Chief, the few other living spartans, and some random marines can't take the whole darn ring back from the Banished and the Endless on their own. I'm guessing Chief will find a communications relay on the ring and call for reinforcements at some point, and there surely must be some forerunner tech that can be used to send reinforcements. 

3.Yeah, 343 would be foolish not to bring the Flood back, the scariest thing about the Endless is the fact that the Flood would be nearly unstoppable if the Endless ever got infected in large numbers, as the rings can't stop infected Endless. 

Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

It was definitely implied in 4 that Cortana had romantic feelings for Chief, there was a scene when she got that hardlight body after saving Chief from Didact where she walked up to him and touched him and said something like "You don't know how I've longed to do that (touch you)". Rather or not Chief reciprocated I can't say, but at he very least he was majorly torn up both by her apparent death in 4, and by her betrayal in 5. 

1. I wouldn't really mind a redesign, I do really like her current outfit though, as long as she doesn't go nude I'm happy cause nude wouldn't suit her personality at all, she could change it to something non-UNSC. I also hope she either names herself Hope (After Discover Hope theme) or Joy (after the 3rd sword).

2. I want to agree that they can't take back Zeta Halo alone but this is Chief we're talking about, Lol. Given Zeta Halo's current location, I'm not sure if a UNSC communications relay would even reach far enough, The Ark is surely the only way to find out where Zeta Halo is right now...? Chief the madman will probably blow Zeta Halo to pieces with all The Endless on it if he gets the chance, Lol.

3. Still racking my brains about Harbinger directly quoting Gravemind multiple times

4. In fairness, I think any AI would love to be able to touch something, especially someone they care about and especially an AI based on a human brain, must be hell not ever being able to feel anything.

Angelus said:

Btw, does anyone else think that the Endless might have some sort of connection to the logic plague? I mean...why would the Harbinger speak in a manner similar to the Gravemind? Why would the Forerunners judge and sentence them in a "silent" auditorium where the Endless are unable to even speak to defend themselves? They're so dangerous that the Forerunners have to gag them before they're even locked away? Idk. Just thought all that was kinda curious.

Does feel like we're missing something cause as it stands right now, it can't be argued, The Endless are the victims and Forerunners looks like utter monsters, Lol. Although it does fit with Forerunners but...I still feel we're missing something and like you said, she speaks exactly the same as the Gravemind.

That's an interesting theory, do you think a Gravemind logic plagued The Endless?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 December 2021

Could The Timeless One have lied about being Precursor? To what end? To spook The Forerunners?

What are you hiding from us 343!

Ryuu96 said:

1. I wouldn't really mind a redesign, I do really like her current outfit though, as long as she doesn't go nude I'm happy cause nude wouldn't suit her personality at all, she could change it to something non-UNSC. I also hope she either names herself Hope (After Discover Hope theme) or Joy (after the 3rd sword).

2. I want to agree that they can't take back Zeta Halo alone but this is Chief we're talking about, Lol. Given Zeta Halo's current location, I'm not sure if a UNSC communications relay would even reach far enough, The Ark is surely the only way to find out where Zeta Halo is right now...? Chief the madman will probably blow Zeta Halo to pieces with all The Endless on it if he gets the chance, Lol.

3. Still racking my brains about Harbinger directly quoting Gravemind multiple times

4. In fairness, I think any AI would love to be able to touch something, especially someone they care about and especially an AI based on a human brain, must be hell not ever being able to feel anything.

1. Yeah, while it definitely seemed like she was going to name herself Cortana in honor of the original Cortana sacrificing herself to give Chief and Weapon a chance, I don't think they should go through with that, would give me Rey Skywalker vibes. Better to have her pick a new name for herself. 

2. Well, Chief is a miracle worker, but still, there are alot more banished on the full ring than there were on the tiny islands from the destroyed section of the ring in Infinite's main campaign. We're looking at something like 100x more banished on the rest of the ring than on the destroyed section most likely, plus now we have the Endless to contend with. Those are tough odds, even for Chief and some allies. 

I think he will use a Forerunner communications relay to contact them, either that or the UNSC will have been searching for Zeta Halo on their own, and Anders, who Cortana had captured in the post Halo Wars 2 cutscene, will be saved by either Blue Team or Alpha-Nine, and will lead them to the Ark, where they will discover the location of Zeta Halo and send reinforcements. 

That is one reason why I hope we get non-Chief expansions for Infinite as well as Chief expansions; 10 years is alot of time, we could get something like 5-7 expansions in that time possibly, depending on how big each one is. Give us an Alpha-Nine expansion where they go on a mission to save Anders from Cortana's Created, and then have Anders lead the UNSC and Arbiter's forces to the Ark. Then you could do an Arbiter team expansion where you wipe out the Banished left on the Ark with the help of the Halo Wars 2 characters and Blue Team and Alpha-Nine, and discover where Zeta Halo is using the Ark, and transport both armies to Zeta Halo using the Ark, just in time to save Chief and his allies on Zeta Halo. They could also do a Blue Team expansion showing us what the mission that Laskey sent Blue Team on was, from the audio log.

Meanwhile in the Chief expansions we could save Laskey, Halsey, Palmer, Locke and presumably the rest of Osiris if they were still with Locke, while introducing new biomes for the open world of Zeta Halo. Have Chief and his allies get overwhelmed at one point, only for the UNSC and Sangheili reinforcements to show up just in the nick of time and save them. Then either end it there as a setup for the next game, or do one final expansion to wrap up the Zeta Halo storyline, where you take down Atriox and the Endless.

3. It is curious for sure.

4. Could be, but the whole scene seemed romantic, maybe even a bit sexual, due to Cortana's heavily sexualized design in Halo 4. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 December 2021