By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite - Story Discussion - Unmarked Spoilers

Could the Precursors have created the Endless as a backup plan? But then all accounts say that the Precursors never expected Forerunners to turn against them so they also seemed arrogant, too arrogant to have a Endless backup plan in case they make a mistake? Possibly.

But if you were Precursors, imagine if you created the Endless, something that has control over time.

Precursors created Forerunners, they went from Galaxy to Galaxy creating life, did they also make Endless or were Endless already there?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 December 2021

Around the Network

I finished the campaign tonight on stream. Only took 6 hours to go from doing the beacons to the end. That final boss hot damn that was tough with all the other enemies in between. The end credits with Atriox being alive I totally saw coming a mile away. So in future DLC/next Halo game we will likely have to deal with more of the Banished with Atriox leading them, The Endless, Sentinels, and possibly even the return of the Flood.

What I want to know. Is Earth safe? What happened to the rest of Blue team, the Arbiter and the rest of the good elites that sided with humans at the end of the Covenant war and that we saw in Halo 5?

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

I finished the campaign tonight on stream. Only took 6 hours to go from doing the beacons to the end. That final boss hot damn that was tough with all the other enemies in between. The end credits with Atriox being alive I totally saw coming a mile away. So in future DLC/next Halo game we will likely have to deal with more of the Banished with Atriox leading them, The Endless, Sentinels, and possibly even the return of the Flood.

What I want to know. Is Earth safe? What happened to the rest of Blue team, the Arbiter and the rest of the good elites that sided with humans at the end of the Covenant war and that we saw in Halo 5?

Dunno about Sentinels, if Offensive Bias is being redeployed to deal with The Endless then surely we won't be fighting Sentinels, unless Chief finds a way to make Offensive Bias his enemy, Lol.

Earth is 'safe' in the sense that it isn't destroyed but I don't know beyond that, Cortana only blew up Sydney but Lord Hood, Serin Osman and others fled Earth to another undisclosed planet, what that means for Earth, Idk, it may be weakly guarded right now with the UNSC scattered.

Also unknown if the AIs who sided with Cortana have surrendered or not and if all Guardians are deactivated.

Blue Team was sent off on a different mission by Lasky, shortly before the events of Halo Infinite.

Arbiter + Swords of Sanghelios are very likely busy defending their own planet, Arbiter had to retake his planet from Covenant splinter groups, likely still a few around but Jul Mdama's was the largest, then Cortana came along with Guardians.

Do we know if all Cylix's store actual bodies? Like we know they were used as prisons for The Endless but for all the other species, do they actually have bodies in them or are them ones just like DNA storages?

Cause if the former...I want them to unleash them all, Lol.

Could be a way to bring Prophets back from essentially extinction too and these Prophets didn't hate Humanity, nor were they essentially confined to a chair, they were considered to be physically capable warriors so it could be a way to shake Prophets up a little from a story standpoint instead of bringing back the typical crazy frail Prophets.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 December 2021

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

Dunno about Sentinels, if Offensive Bias is being redeployed to deal with The Endless then surely we won't be fighting Sentinels, unless Chief finds a way to make Offensive Bias his enemy, Lol.

Earth is 'safe' in the sense that it isn't destroyed but I don't know beyond that, Cortana only blew up Sydney but Lord Hood, Serin Osman and others fled Earth to another undisclosed planet, what that means for Earth, Idk, it may be weakly guarded right now with the UNSC scattered.

Also unknown if the AIs who sided with Cortana have surrendered or not and if all Guardians are deactivated.

Blue Team was sent off on a different mission by Lasky, shortly before the events of Halo Infinite.

Arbiter + Swords of Sanghelios are very likely busy defending their own planet, Arbiter had to retake his planet from Covenant splinter groups, likely still a few around but Jul Mdama's was the largest, then Cortana came along with Guardians.

Thank you for the explanation.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Humans > Grunts > Jackals > Brutes? > Flood

There's also Elites in the Human/Grunt room.

Oddly no Prophets from what I can see but maybe they're in a different room.

Would it be ethically right to unleash all these (aside from the Flood, obviously) or just destroy them.

Is Atriox going to unleash all the Brute ones? Lol. Hell, why not unleash all of them to add to his army.

He could add thousands to his ranks and just claim to be their saviour or some shit, not like they'd know any better.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 December 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Humans > Grunts > Jackals > Brutes? > Flood

There's also Elites in the Human/Grunt room.

Oddly no Prophets from what I can see but maybe they're in a different room.

Would it be ethically right to unleash all these (aside from the Flood, obviously) or just destroy them.

Is Atriox going to unleash all the Brute ones? Lol. Hell, why not unleash all of them to add to his army.

He could add thousands to his ranks and just claim to be their saviour or some shit, not like they'd know any better.

Let's suppose they do all store bodies...I don't think it would make sense for Atriox to release all of them. At the end of the day, they're all individual beings from god knows when, and you have no idea how they're going to stand in relation to your cause. You could make a case for unleashing the brutes, I suppose. Telling them about the destruction of their homeworld, and that the UNSC is more or less responsible for it - as an AI of their making did the deed - would be pretty powerful as motivations go to take up arms against them...but everyone else? You just woke them up from a mega slumber...what's their motivation for going to war first thing upon receiving their life back? These "people" would need a damn strong incentive imo to put their newly regained life on the line immediately in a war that they presumably would know nothing about.

Just cus you woke me, don't mean I instantly wanna go die for you.

People seem to be speculating that Jega is still alive due to the fact that his body vanishes after you defeat him, speculating that he cloaks and runs away, all other bosses don't have their bodies disappear...Feel like it's more likely to be a glitch but we'll see, I think it would be cool to keep Jega around and him running away definitely fits with his character of absolutely not giving a shit about pride or honour.

Ryuu96 said:

Someone has found the cutscene connected to this voice file, Lul.

But...I think they're still in space here...? Maybe the datamine is wrong and it isn't a credits cutscene but like some are theorising, possibly a cutscene for the introduction of co-op?

Bring back unique Spartans instead of everyone playing as Chief.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 December 2021