By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Rumor - Jason Schreier) PlayStation Plans New Service to Take On Xbox Game Pass?

SegaHeart said:

I'm fine with Sony not releasing their First party games , All I want is a service with plenty of japanese games , IE 3rd party , the other thing I want is a backdoor pricing like Xbox Gamepass has a backdoor like promotions, Sony should do first 3 months is 5$ for new accounts , like what Microsoft does with new subs 1$ for 1 month , What you need is to Entice your audiance with low paying subscription in the beginning , instead of the 1$ for 1 month deal like Microsoft , just do 3 months for 5$ might pay 4$ more but 3 months sounds about right.

Since it sounds like PS+ is just integrated into whatever final service they provide, I highly doubt (though would appreciate) any promotion similar to MS's $1 is going to happen.

There's very little need for them to do that. At best I can see them doing a temporary 'all current PS+ subscribers are upgraded to tier 2 (with now) for 1 year as long as you have an active membership' or something.

But we know so little about the services that it's difficult to determine how they try to jumpstart their numbers. If the BC is going to be extensive, and if the Now service starts to integrate more recent game releases, the service will sell itself. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
SegaHeart said:

I'm fine with Sony not releasing their First party games , All I want is a service with plenty of japanese games , IE 3rd party , the other thing I want is a backdoor pricing like Xbox Gamepass has a backdoor like promotions, Sony should do first 3 months is 5$ for new accounts , like what Microsoft does with new subs 1$ for 1 month , What you need is to Entice your audiance with low paying subscription in the beginning , instead of the 1$ for 1 month deal like Microsoft , just do 3 months for 5$ might pay 4$ more but 3 months sounds about right.

Since it sounds like PS+ is just integrated into whatever final service they provide, I highly doubt (though would appreciate) any promotion similar to MS's $1 is going to happen.

There's very little need for them to do that. At best I can see them doing a temporary 'all current PS+ subscribers are upgraded to tier 2 (with now) for 1 year as long as you have an active membership' or something.

But we know so little about the services that it's difficult to determine how they try to jumpstart their numbers. If the BC is going to be extensive, and if the Now service starts to integrate more recent game releases, the service will sell itself. 

I like that , Though Tier 2 sounds enticing , 60$ for PS+ PS now sounds about right . Palatable.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.