By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Jaicee said:

Hey um, I know I don't really participate on these discussion threads about the games we chose very much because, ya know, my picks are mostly on the obscure side and nobody's going to guess them or care anyway, but Runa's recent posts here have left me feeling inspired. I know this year's discussion period is already basically over, but when next year's discussion thread comes around, would anyone like for me to participate in the form of informally reviewing say either the top 10 or maybe even all 50 of my selections thereon in a fashion comparable to what Runa's been doing? Maybe highlighting what's so special to me about my favorite games could even inspire someone else to give one or more of 'em a try! Is there any demand for that?

There always is demand. I enjoy reading these walls of text. Can't harm to have more.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:

Hey um, I know I don't really participate on these discussion threads about the games we chose very much because, ya know, my picks are mostly on the obscure side and nobody's going to guess them or care anyway, but Runa's recent posts here have left me feeling inspired. I know this year's discussion period is already basically over, but when next year's discussion thread comes around, would anyone like for me to participate in the form of informally reviewing say either the top 10 or maybe even all 50 of my selections thereon in a fashion comparable to what Runa's been doing? Maybe highlighting what's so special to me about my favorite games could even inspire someone else to give one or more of 'em a try! Is there any demand for that?

Being totally honest, seeing someone's list on the Official thread (or having it PM'd) does nothing for me. It's something I'll go over when compiling, and forget about pretty quickly. The only ones that stick in the mind are the ones people talk about here, this thread is to me at least 90% of what makes the event exciting. I'm glad most people don't think that way, because otherwise I'd barely be compiling 10 lists each year, but that's how I feel.

Besides, there's a special excitement when I get to talk about a lesser known game from my list, because I hope I can get someone else interested in the process. I may or may not have done that already, but I like to believe I have.

So. I wouldn't call it "demand", because this isn't about what we want from you. You do what you want. But I would totally love to read your posts, and since most of them are about games no one else talks about here, that only makes it more interesting. Though also probably impossible to guess, so maybe do pass on the guessing game, unless you want me to cheat my way to guessing them all

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Jaicee said:

Go for it.  I much prefer the game write-ups to the guessing game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
3DS - Pushmo (2011)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Jaicee said:

I mean, to be fair I have two separate lists. the one I wrote for is my actual, no-rules list that includes compilations and ties and entire franchises as a whole, which goes against the official rules of this thread. It's also only 25 entries as opposed to 50. I also have a version of the list that's curated specifically for this thread, which can be found in the list segment. 

So yeah, you do you! I love reading people's entries, even if they somehow actually enjoy Skyward Sword! (seriously, the fact that it's on so many lists makes me wanna try it, which I really, really should!)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

By the way, the results are out! Took a while to make this but I hope everyone enjoys reading them. And complaining about there being too many Nintendo games, too (it feels worse this year).

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

By the way, the results are out! Took a while to make this but I hope everyone enjoys reading them. And complaining about there being too many Nintendo games, too (it feels worse this year).

It is to be expected with the console transition for PS5 and XBS, less overall games. As well as the domination of the NSW.

Great work as always on compiling all the lists/games!

mZuzek said:

Thanks for your work!

And about the Nintendo domination: Well, it's a combination of quite a few Nintendo fans (which I try to combat by trying to recruit people from other fanbases for the thread) and that some of their games have outstanding polish, so everyone agrees they are great.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 21 January 2022

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Alrighty, I'll prolly do a Runa-style commentary on at least my top 10 favorites next year then! Thanks to so many of you for the encouragement.