By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Mnementh said:

After the last games were all guessed early, these ones seem to be a bit more difficult. More hints:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised? Killing a god may the cause of it all. You are the Watcher.

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank. Deliver the cleaned laundry. Actually you forget to deliver it.

#29: The rooster of war! The tree of love! This colorful open world game let you interact with some gods.

#28: Climbing, swimming, running, flying, digging... and freezing. Luckily there are hot springs, which will warm you up.

28: A Short Hike

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
S.Peelman said:

So yesterday was a good day for guesses. #31 was guessed after some tries by coolbeans; Motocross Madness and #29 was guessed as well by GoOnKid who correctly guessed SoulCalibur. Here's a second hint for #30 and we continue to #28.

#30: The battle between these two belligerents continues this time also over sea and air.

Hint 2: You shouldn't click on the boat and stop rocking it, because you're making him seasick.

30: Warcraft 2

Correct!

The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:

#28: Originally this game far supposed to feature a male protagonist, by the designers figured that then it would look a little too much like James Bond, so the decided to have a female star instead.

28. No One Lives Forever?

And also correct!

Well, all my stuff has been guessed days in advance. I need to up my game.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

After the last games were all guessed early, these ones seem to be a bit more difficult. More hints:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised? Killing a god may the cause of it all. You are the Watcher.

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank. Deliver the cleaned laundry. Actually you forget to deliver it.

#29: The rooster of war! The tree of love! This colorful open world game let you interact with some gods.

#28: Climbing, swimming, running, flying, digging... and freezing. Luckily there are hot springs, which will warm you up.

28. Immortals Fenyx Rising?

Are you sure you picked the right number? Because 28 isn't Fenyx.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

28: A Short Hike

And that is correct!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints on my games:

34. a) This first game in the series was based on a classical piece of literature but not European literature.
b) The literature is about outlaws from a marsh, but the video game also included elves and dwarves and other fantasy tropes that they thought would appeal to a Western audience.

33.  I bought a SNES on launch day in order to get this game.  Given, the game didn't release until sometime the next year, but Nintendo Power said it was coming, so I just had to have a SNES as soon as possible.

32.  This game is probably the main reason why the Wii holds the NPD record for most hardware sold in a single month.

#34: Oh, so it is not Romance of the three Kingdoms, but another one of the four classic chinese novel, The outlaws from the marsh or how it is called in english. There are multiple games adapting this story, but I guess it might be Suikoden.

Around the Network
#32The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
guessed byTruckOSaurus
platform3DS
release year2000
developer/publisherNintendo
genreaction adventure
linksWikipedia
past years2020: #31, 2019: #27, 2018: #23, 2017: #18

Well, technically I played Majora's Mask 3D. I never played the original, as back then I didn't play on console. Nevertheless, this is a great game. It is very unique among the Zelda games, as it has a very different, much darker, but also much stranger atmosphere. And I like that.

The basic gameplay as you are used from Zelda. You whack monsters, solve puzzles or problems, find items and finally beat the end-boss. But this game mixes up the formula quite a bit. You only have three days, but with your Ocarina you can turn back time. The NPCs have schedules and certain events happen at the same time, so you can affect these events if you turn back time and wait for the right moment. Also you have masks which help you transform into different forms.

The story is different to most Zelda games. Link gets to Termina, a land which is in the process of getting destroyed by the falling moon. Link has three days to void that from happening. The Ocarina of time helps him turn back time to achieve that feat.

Overall this is a great experience and therefore one of the best Zelda games (which are mostly all great). The 3DS-versions has many upgrades over the original, not only graphically, so this is the version to go if you wanna experience it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ

Only one game of my upcoming roster is guessed so far:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised? Killing a god may the cause of it all. You are the Watcher. This game had a big Kickstarter campaign.

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank. Deliver the cleaned laundry. Actually you forget to deliver it. This 3DS game was part of a series of smaller games.

#29: The rooster of war! The tree of love! This colorful open world game let you interact with some gods. The Ubisoft towers are big statues this time. Guessed by Machina.

#28: Climbing, swimming, running, flying, digging... and freezing. Luckily there are hot springs, which will warm you up. Guessed by Darashiva.

#27: Play in Detroit and Shanghai.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 30 November 2021

#30: Hint 1: For the first time did this character get the spotlight.

Machina said:
Mnementh said:

Are you sure you picked the right number? Because 28 isn't Fenyx.

#29 then :P

And that is correct!

And another hint.

• The origin of the dragon and the mad dog.
  • One of the many things you get to do is real-estate management.
  • Another thing you can spend a lot of time with is running a hostess club.