By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

#46: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars.

Child of Light

Child of Light is correct! One of the newcomers to my list this year.

Last year’s winner, you guessed nine of my games last year, takes the lead again.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Farsala said:

Hint 2: This game is characterized by doing the same thing over and over, but with a choice of different weapons. Getting more skilled with these weapons, is the key to enjoying this game. Building up different sets is always so fun.

#49 features historical figures from the country that I currently reside in. I visited a statue of one of the greats from that era, Masamune Date. I hope to visit Kenshin Ueseugi at some point.

#50 is Monster Hunter. Which one is a bit harder, let's bet on the newest one, MonHUn Rise.

#49 sound like Samurai Warriors. I think 5 is the current one, so let's choose that.

Yes both are the right franchises. But I was too vague for sure, so it works.

#50 is Monster Hunter World

#49 is Samurai Warriors

#48 The main focus of this game is building a castle and getting your economy rolling. When that happens, all you need to do is kill the enemy king to win. This particular game is a little bit of an off shoot from the main franchise, but might be more popular.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Child of Light

Last year’s winner, you guessed nine of my games last year, takes the lead again.

Oh, didn't knew anymore that I was in the lead for guesses to your games. But nice to know I start defending my title.

And Child of Light is a great game. It is nice to kknow others enjoy it as well.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Machina said:

OK, finally finished tweaking my top 50.

Some clues for my 50-48, which are all racing titles:

50 - Second entry in the biggest sim racing franchise in gaming.
49 - Another racing game, but more futuristic, and released on a handheld.
48 - The follow-up to #49.

50 - Gran Turismo 2

Alright let me give a shot at this

#50 - An animated movie tie-in game I adored as a young kid at around 7-8yrs old. Has a surprisingly good sandbox mode hidden in it

Around the Network
Machina said:

OK, finally finished tweaking my top 50.

Some clues for my 50-48, which are all racing titles:

50 - Second entry in the biggest sim racing franchise in gaming.
49 - Another racing game, but more futuristic, and released on a handheld.
48 - The follow-up to #49.

Maybe 49 is Wipeout Pure and 48 is Wipeout Pulse.

TheWalrusCaesar said:

Alright let me give a shot at this

#50 - An animated movie tie-in game I adored as a young kid at around 7-8yrs old. Has a surprisingly good sandbox mode hidden in it

Something Pixar related?

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Oh, didn't knew anymore that I was in the lead for guesses to your games. But nice to know I start defending my title.

And Child of Light is a great game. It is nice to kknow others enjoy it as well.

Yeah, I played it when it came out on WiiU. For a couple of years I thought about including it in the list, but never did, but this year I finally figured why not. I liked that game, to my own surprise a lot more that I thought I would. Loved the story, the combat system and especially the soundtrack and graphics, which were both absolutely gorgeous.

S.Peelman said:

Okay, maybe it's indeed better to name a couple for some more guessing time per game. I'll do five, and swap in new ones when one's guessed or has to be revealed. So here's five games;

#50: This game as rushed to release, which sadly caused much planned content to be cut or left unfinished, especially near the end-game. Fans however, made many mods, which restored much of this content.
#49: A black-box game of a sport that has the wrong name in Europe.
#48: You actually want to shoot the character you can't shoot.
#47: It looks like you stranded on a lovely island, if it weren't for that bird.
#46: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars.

#49 Soccer on NES is the only one that comes to mind

#48 Duckhunt

So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?