By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

mZuzek said:
Machina said:

#31 - This could be sooooo many series, let alone games - give us another hint xD

The realistic thing isn't so much a "wow, it has insane graphics!" as much as it was "yes, finally a realistic game!". It's not the first game in its series.

Twilight Princess?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Twilight Princess?

See, this is why I didn't wanna add more hints!

So you didn't want anyone to guess which game it is? Maybe be more creative with the hints for this game next time :P

Kakadu18 said:
GoOnKid said:

If it was Yoshi, which game could it be then?

Yoshi's Wooly World I think.

Eggsactly!

S.Peelman said:

#32 was guessed. #31 isn't yet, and I'll give another hint for it. I won't for #30 yet, but I'll give a first hint for #29.

#31: This games comes with what is maybe the most accessible map editor ever shipped alongside a game, where you can simply put down track elements such as tabletops, whoops and low high and high jumps as simple tiles.

Hint 2: Especially interesting, I always thought it was pretty hypnotising at least, was how you had to "verify" your newly built track before you could save it. The computer would then visibly trace your tiles and pieces first with black outlines from start to finish, and then remove all the tiles one after one temporarily in the backwards order.

Hint 3: You could however only create something for the ‘Supercross’ mode, not the ‘National’, ‘Baya’ or ‘Stunt Quarry’ modes. Which was too bad because ‘National’ was awesome.

Hint 4: In the National mode you ride your dirt bike outdoors, over huge jumps and really banked corners. Also fun is the Stunt Quarry, but really just for one thing; when you up the cliff surrounding the map, you'll get slingshotted across the map to keep you from going out of bounds, accompanied by the sound of a gunshot. Guessed by coolbeans - Motocross Madness

#30: The battle between these two belligerents continues this time also over sea and air.

#29: First there was an evil sword that changes appearance depending on its wielder, but in this game, there's a spirit sword made to combat it.

#29: Soul Calibur II

Mnementh said:

Some more games to guess:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised?

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank.

#29: The rooster of war!

#29 Billy Hatcher!

Machina said:
GoOnKid said:

38 - After a trilogy of events with one certain spiky haired protagonist in a blue suit, here comes the follow up with a new protagonist.

HINT: It's a point and click adventure.

HINT 2: It has a lot to do with law and justice.

33 - A, B and C travel in their ship D and try to survive after a crash.

HINT: The planet is called PNF-404.

32 - For the first time in the series the protagonist does not throw eggs anymore, but something else instead.

31 - Ths sci-fi racer came in two variations, one home console edition and one arcade edition.

30 - This is the beginning of a (yet unfinished) trilogy which serves as the prequel to two rather cult classic first-person shooters.

#30 - Doom maybe? No idea if they're prequels or not.

No.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are some hints for my next few games:

36.  It appears that a lot of people have been leaving WoW this year to play this MMO.

35.  This SNES entry is more like the arcade version than the NES entry was.

34.  This first game in the series was based on a classical piece of literature but not European literature.

35. Contra 3 or Super Double Dragon

GoOnKid said:
Mnementh said:

Some more games to guess:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised?

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank.

#29: The rooster of war!

#29 Billy Hatcher!

I never even heard of this. So no, I mean something else.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

GoOnKid said:
S.Peelman said:

#29: First there was an evil sword that changes appearance depending on its wielder, but in this game, there's a spirit sword made to combat it.

Correct!

Well I still meant the first game but I can why the hint could make you think it’s the sequel, so that’s fine.

GoOnKid said:

Isn’t this Pikmin?

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
GoOnKid said:

Correct!

Well I still meant the first game but I can why the hint could make you think it’s the sequel, so that’s fine.

GoOnKid said:

Isn’t this Pikmin?

If it is, then with A, B and C on the ship it is Pikmin 3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Correct!

GoOnKid said:

Isn’t this Pikmin?

Oh, I thought the planet name seemed familiar.

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:
GoOnKid said:

Isn’t this Pikmin?

Right, I don’t really know, haven’t played much of that series; played, well, more like “played”, the first one once on my cousin’s GameCube, a demo of 3 on WiiU I think and the Nintendoland minigame.

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Correct!

GoOnKid said:

Isn’t this Pikmin?

Correct!

Kakadu18 said:
Kakadu18 said:

More hints:
#33: A certain kind of sand is very tasty for this particular creature.

#32: Ironic how the villain sealed his doom right at the start of the game by accidentally saving you.

#33: Hint 2: Ugly murderous kraken.

#32: Hint 2: You're making people nervous.

#31: That guy has been cloning people for the past 500 years.

#33 needs to be guessed today.

#33: Hint 3: Yellow kraken eating sand that is the physical manifestation of a certain energy.

#32: Hint 3: Put a basket on his head so he won't see you rob his house.

#31: Hint 2: A big prison full of mysteries.