By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Hiku said:

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#48 - Part of Disc 2 is like a visual novel due to lack of development time.

#47 Suplex a train.

#46 The cartridge is transparent.

#50 Breath of Fire IV

#48 Xenogears

#47 Final Fantasy VI

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Dulfite said:

So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?

You ready your list of 50 games and send them privately to the mzuzek. You update your post in the official thread each day to reveal one game of your list.

Zippy6 said:

I have a list of 50 games but I know I'll think of games I forgot about and should have included.

Also I tried to not repeat the same series repeatedly. I.E more Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Ratchet & Clank games would easily make my top 50 but I limited myself to not spamming the same series in my list.

Yeah, if I forgot about a game, I may include it next year. I also try to minimize games from the same franchise, but sometimes two games I feel need to be included as each of them is great.

Yeah but what about all the games we will play/beat over the next 50 days that are eligible? We supposed to update the main list if they bump games around on our list?

Dulfite said:

Yeah but what about all the games we will play/beat over the next 50 days that are eligible? We supposed to update the main list if they bump games around on our list?

I would lock your list now and if you really play something that you would put in your top 50 between now and the end of the year just wait for next year to include it, but you can make alterations:

The Official Thread (POST ONLY ONCE) - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event (vgchartz.com)

"If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
       • However, if you sent me your list via PM, please message me again with the new alterations, otherwise I'll be using the outdated list."

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Alright, I finally had some time to think of some hints, so let's start with these.

#50: The asylum thing wasn't quite working, so instead we walled off a part of the city to keep them in instead.

#49: A very angry man becomes slightly less angry and learns to get along with others.

#48: A potato can generate just barely enough power.

#47: The most recent big cross-over punch-up in this series.

#46: Before a new game came out in the series just a while ago, this game from 27 years ago was the last 2D home console entry in the series.

Zippy6 said:
Hiku said:

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#47 Suplex a train.

#50 - Kingdom Heats? Only played the first one, but I know there's a blue haired chick... tinkerbell?, tigger? lol.

#47 Suplex a train. - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

#50 - Good guess. But this is a Playstation 1 Jrpg.

#47 - I guess you do that in more than one game. lol I'm thinking of a SNES game.

Darashiva said:
Hiku said:

Hints

#47 Suplex a train.

#50 Breath of Fire IV

#48 Xenogears

#47 Final Fantasy VI

I was thinking of Breath of Fire 3, but you got them.

@Darashiva 

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 November 2021

Around the Network
Darashiva said:

Alright, I finally had some time to think of some hints, so let's start with these.

#50: The asylum thing wasn't quite working, so instead we walled off a part of the city to keep them in instead.

#49: A very angry man becomes slightly less angry and learns to get along with others.

#46: Before a new game came out in the series just a while ago, this game from 27 years ago was the last 2D home console entry in the series.

#50: Batman Arkham City

#49: God of War?

#46: Kid Icarus?

EDIT:

#47: Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Last edited by Mnementh - on 11 November 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

#50: Batman Arkham City

#49: God of War?

#46: Kid Icarus?

EDIT:

#47: Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Correct on 50, 49 and 47.

Darashiva said:

Super Metroid?

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Dulfite said:
Mnementh said:

You ready your list of 50 games and send them privately to the mzuzek. You update your post in the official thread each day to reveal one game of your list.

Ideally you should really only send me your finished list, it can be confusing to make changes throughout. Most people will finish their list as the event starts, so that they can post a game every day and remain consistent, but if you want to keep your list open to changes over these next two months, it's okay if you want to send me a list only at the very end. Just remember, no games releasing this November or December are eligible.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Machina said:
mZuzek said:

Great post - love the image collage. When I saw the Guardians image I thought it was the new game and was surprised it wasn't in your top 50 ^^

Thanks. I was originally gonna reuse last year's image template but decided to make a new one and I'm happy with how it turned out, took me a little while. I'm glad the Guardians trap worked on at least one person, but hey, no one said the new game made it in!

Anyways, gonna drop more hints for tomorrow's game. It needs them.

#50 - This game's protagonist enters a group of hackers to try and recover an account that was stolen from him.
Hint 2 - While it has never been named by anyone here, it is a sort-of sequel to a game that has been named in 2016 and 2017.
Hint 3 - Since then, these two games have been released as a collection and ported to more platforms.
Hint 4 - Between all their releases combined, these two are the best-selling games in this franchise, but that isn't saying much.

Edit: hmmm, I'll go ahead and drop one for the next game after that too.

#49 - It's an open-world game made by a really small team.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games